PDA

View Full Version : Iowa State vs WVU FRI 23 NOV

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/23/2012, 06:04 PM
I've seen a lot of this game, and now realize that the Couch Burners CAN be defended successfully. ISU is ahead in a fairly low scoring game, and have a good chance of winning. Austin has been pretty much neutralized.

yermom
11/23/2012, 06:30 PM
6:42 WVU TD
Geno Smith passed to Tavon Austin down the middle for 75 yard gain

well, they were containing him...

bluedogok
11/23/2012, 06:31 PM
I thought I was having flashbacks.....

aurorasooner
11/23/2012, 06:34 PM
I've seen a lot of this game, and now realize that the Couch Burners CAN be defended successfully. ISU is ahead in a fairly low scoring game, and have a good chance of winning. Austin has been pretty much neutralized. hopefully our D game last week was just an anomaly, (W.Va. being stoked for playing us at home with 4 straight losses, bad defensive game-plan--7 DBs etc). I'm more disturbed by us not making any halftime adjustments on D. We don't seem to be able to make any this year on the offensive side of the ball if an opponent's D co-ordinator is one step ahead of our offensive coaches with his initial game plan, but Bob and Mike not making any (or unable to make any) on D last week has me worried.

bluedogok
11/23/2012, 06:46 PM
Like Greise and and the other guy stated, that was a surprise at RB for WVU last week, ISU was able to game plan for Austin being back there. It just looks to me like he was underutilized most of the past two seasons by Holgerson.

yermom
11/23/2012, 06:47 PM
our D was by design:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20121113_29_B1_ITSEEM707488

winning by one score doesn't exactly sound like vindication to me, but they did it again against WVU

maybe that scare will be enough to initiate more of a change...

aurorasooner
11/23/2012, 06:50 PM
looked like to me I-State got hosed on that spot. Seemed to be at least a yard short of where they marked it when the WVU runners knee hit the ground, but the replay official confirmed the spot. btw, just noticed on Fox, WAZU just hit a field goal to tie up UDub 28-28.

cvsooner
11/23/2012, 07:23 PM
WAZU just won it OT for the Pirate Coach...INT returned and set up FG. Incredible.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/23/2012, 07:49 PM
Final score for WVU at ISU?

rock on sooner
11/23/2012, 08:09 PM

34 - 21 And, Austin gouged IA ST with the same sweep around left
end that he got us with. Dayum glad he's a senior, along with Smith.

rock on sooner
11/23/2012, 08:10 PM
Like Greise and and the other guy stated, that was a surprise at RB for WVU last week, ISU was able to game plan for Austin being back there. It just looks to me like he was underutilized most of the past two seasons by Holgerson.

Dude would be odds on for Heisman if he'd been at running back for the last two seasons!

cvsooner
11/23/2012, 08:11 PM

31-24, not 34-21. It was close. ISU fumbled late at the WVU 7...when it looked like they were going to tie it up.

rock on sooner
11/23/2012, 08:12 PM
31-24, not 34-21. It was close. ISU fumbled late at the WVU 7...when it looked like they were going to tie it up.

Oops, dayum keyboard, anyway!

Soonerjeepman
11/23/2012, 08:58 PM
Yes, isu had a week to plan for it, OU didn't. No surprises...BUT I still questions why we didn't put any LBers in the middle in the 2nd half...besides the "we thought we were in control" from the coaches.

Tomorrow should be fun.

olevetonahill
11/23/2012, 09:33 PM
Oops, dayum keyboard, anyway!

I hate a Durnk keyboard

rock on sooner
11/23/2012, 09:53 PM
I hate a Durnk keyboard

I checked fore I used it, passed the breathalizer.....oooh, shoulda
checked me...knew i fergot sompun..

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/23/2012, 11:40 PM
hopefully our D game last week was just an anomaly, (W.Va. being stoked for playing us at home with 4 straight losses, bad defensive game-plan--7 DBs etc). I'm more disturbed by us not making any halftime adjustments on D. We don't seem to be able to make any this year on the offensive side of the ball if an opponent's D co-ordinator is one step ahead of our offensive coaches with his initial game plan, but Bob and Mike not making any (or unable to make any) on D last week has me worried.We have difficulty run blocking. We also have difficulty stopping the run.

Johnny Utah
11/24/2012, 01:56 PM
We have difficulty run blocking. We also have difficulty stopping the run.

So in other words we are not exactly built to win the next MNC.