PDA

View Full Version : Which Big XII teams go to the BCS in case of a 4-way tie?

Jacie
11/22/2012, 10:29 PM
It is possible and not even all that unlikely.

If . . .

OU loses to OSU

and

OSU and sa*et win out,

there will be 4 teams at 7-2.

Yikes!

Mazeppa
11/22/2012, 10:42 PM
It is possible and not even all that unlikely.

If . . .

OU loses to OSU

and

OSU and sa*et win out,

there will be 4 teams at 7-2.

Yikes!

you can drop texas off of that list.

olevetonahill
11/22/2012, 10:50 PM
Aint gonna be a 4way

DenverSooner751
11/22/2012, 10:50 PM
Therr would be a lot of *'s again but like was just said, Texas out

colleyvillesooner
11/22/2012, 11:00 PM
I believe if we lose to OSU and Texas
Beats K-State, K-State goes to BCS. We are eliminated in step one as we lost to both, the k-state because they beat OSU.

(a) If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
(b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 4 will be followed until a determination is made. Once a team has been eliminated from a
multi-team comparison, it is dropped from further comparisons. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
2. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in the conference
3. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative, unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two highest ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Bowl Championship Series.
4. The representative will be chosen by draw.

BoulderSooner79
11/23/2012, 12:58 AM
Aint gonna be a 4way

I've always preferred 3ways - 4's a crowd.

badger
11/23/2012, 12:07 PM
I just discussed this with someone... OU and KSU are the only teams left in contention for the Big 12 even if KSU loses to whorn and we lose out. Why? Because of the following:

1- Texas lost at home to TCU yesterday. No more four-way tie. Tune into the meltdown thread for tons of profanity-laced posts.
2- K-State beat both OU and OKLAST.
3- K-State is on bye this week and only has one game left.

OU wins Big 12:
- OU and KSU win out (tie)
- Or K-State loses to Bevo and OU wins out (outright)
- Or K-State loses to Bevo and OU wins at least one game (tie)

K-State wins Big 12:
- OU and KSU win out (tie)
- Or K-State loses to Bevo and OU wins at least one game (tie)
- OU loses both games (outright)
- OU loses at least one game and K-State beats Texas (outright)

OU_Sooners75
11/23/2012, 01:37 PM
Well badger, if OU loses out, we won't be un contention for the Big 12 title.

We would have 3 Big 12 losses.

badger
11/23/2012, 02:20 PM
Well badger, if OU loses out, we won't be un contention for the Big 12 title.

We would have 3 Big 12 losses.

I like that - "un contention." It's like being so out of contention that you are in "un contention" :D

But yes, I covered that scenario under KState winning outright - either us losing out or us losing one and them beating whorn.

Now, maybe I'm just running on diet dew and fumes today, but perhaps OKLAST does have a chance at the Big 12 after all if they win out and K-State loses to whorn?

That would give K-State two conference losses, which is where Poke is right now. That would tie the two of them, with K-State having the head-to-head tiebreaker for the BCS berth.

I'd rather not think about that scenario though. bad enough having to lose to them in womens basketball and football in this past year. almost as bad as them getting two Stillwater gooner games in a row :mad: