PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!

LiveLaughLove
11/22/2012, 12:32 PM
http://youtu.be/VurmTpv-VY4

From your friendly neighborhood liberals. :)

Seriously though, Happy Thanksgiving!

Despite what these brain dead idiots think, this country was indeed blessed by God, and we have so much to be thankful for, even in today's world.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2012, 12:43 PM
A happy Thanksgiving wish while calling some people brain dead idiots. Nice! What do you got for a Christmas wish?

LiveLaughLove
11/22/2012, 12:56 PM
A happy Thanksgiving wish while calling some people brain dead idiots. Nice! What do you got for a Christmas wish?

Ah, did I hurt your feelers?

Brain dead idiots don't cease existing on a holiday.

I notice you didn't actually comment on what the brain dead idiots said, just attacked me. Interesting.

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2012, 01:01 PM
How 'bout a truce on Thanksgiving? If the Israeli and Palestinians can declare a truce for a day, I'd think anyone could do it.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2012, 01:06 PM
I have nothing but contempt and utterly loathe this holiday.

kevpks
11/22/2012, 01:33 PM
I have nothing but contempt and utterly loathe this holiday.

Lol. Why?

SanJoaquinSooner
11/22/2012, 01:46 PM
It's my favorite holiday.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2012, 01:47 PM
Lol. Why?
It's useless. I have a very minimal tolerance level for my extended family. It's always more trouble than the holiday is worth. I don't particularly like eating or food and this is a food holiday.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2012, 01:48 PM
It's my favorite holiday.

Why? Isn't this a WASP-Only holiday? ;)

SanJoaquinSooner
11/22/2012, 01:51 PM

Were the Native Americans WASPs? I never knew that.

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2012, 01:52 PM
Were the Native Americans WASPs? I never knew that.

I think the celebration aspect of it was more a colonial thing than an indian thing.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/23/2012, 01:19 AM
I think the celebration aspect of it was more a colonial thing than an indian thing.

well maybe now, but, we had 12 people at our Thanksgiving dinner today - 5 native born Americans and 7 immigrants. It is my understanding that there were actually more native born Americans than immigrants at the "first Thanksgiving" with all the Pilgrims and Native Americans.

But here in California, will all the different ethnic groups so prevelant, it's kind of fun to watch all the grocery shoppers before Thanksgiving. They all seem to be in line with traditional thanksgiving items in their shopping carts.

hawaii 5-0
11/24/2012, 11:47 PM

I saw a lot of Asians celebrating Thanksgiving Thursday.

Not sure if they knew the meaning of the holiday or not.

5-0

Tulsa_Fireman
11/25/2012, 12:13 AM
It's useless. I have a very minimal tolerance level for my extended family. It's always more trouble than the holiday is worth. I don't particularly like eating or food and this is a food holiday.

So you hate Thanksgiving because you...

1) Hate food

2) Hate eating

3) Can't tolerate your extended family

What about the whole "giving thanks" part? How'd that get lost in the shuffle?