PDA

View Full Version : If the NCAA ever hits Thug U, any of their players OU might seek out?

ouwasp
11/22/2012, 12:55 AM
I haven't been following them much. But it does brings a quick smile to my face when I hear they lose. (Hey, any Sooner fan that was alive and aware in the mid-80s readily agrees)

So if and when the mighty, ponderous, ever-so-slow (except for Penn St), NCAA hammer falls on Miami, do they have any players that might address immediate needs for the Sooners? You know, in case they wish to transfer ala J. Brown?

The "immediate needs" would probably constitute a whole thread in itself, but I welcome that input also. I'm thinking OL/DT myself.

FirstandGoal
11/22/2012, 09:53 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the whole point of the Penn St dealio allowed because it happened so swiftly and the NCAA didn't deem it right to punish the seniors and juniors?

I kinda thought that was an extremely rare set of circumstances. Hasn't it already been 2 years that Thug U has been under investigation now?

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2012, 10:13 AM
The NCAA allowed USC jrs and srs to transfer without restrictions as part of their probation. A few players did it, but mostly guys that were not getting playing time.

SoonerStormchaser
11/22/2012, 01:42 PM
The NCAA allowed USC jrs and srs to transfer without restrictions as part of their probation. A few players did it, but mostly guys that were not getting playing time.

It's really helping them this season :rolleyes:

kevpks
11/22/2012, 01:46 PM
Every linebacker and defensive lineman should take a look at OU.

goingoneight
11/22/2012, 01:56 PM
Ummm... do they even have any good players anymore?

BoulderSooner79
11/22/2012, 02:03 PM

It's really helping them this season :rolleyes:

Probably adding to their woes. Even though the guys that left were not front liners, USC is really hurting on depth - especially on defense.