PDA

View Full Version : Ringtone Question

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2012, 12:02 AM
What is your current ringtone?

Mine is "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins. I hope this doesn't make me a tool.

olevetonahill
11/20/2012, 12:04 AM
A TOOL is some thing Useful You aint so naw ya aint a TOOL

Mine is Boomer Sooner
bet ya woulda never guessed that huh? :very_drunk:

Boomer.....
11/20/2012, 09:40 AM
Anyone know where I can get a Boomer Sooner ringtone?

olevetonahill
11/20/2012, 09:46 AM
Anyone know where I can get a Boomer Sooner ringtone?

I got one Ill sell ya.

Petro-Sooner
11/20/2012, 09:46 AM
The theme to the show Dallas.

SoonerAtKU
11/20/2012, 11:43 AM
I cut the bassline out of The Humpty Dance and have it repeating as my ringtone.

Curly Bill
11/20/2012, 12:00 PM
My general tone is the opening to Feel the Pain by Dinosaur Jr.

I then have "special" ringtones for a couple of peeps. ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
11/20/2012, 12:07 PM
I have 2, the Austin Powers Video Phone ringtone and Boomer...

Wishboned
11/20/2012, 12:41 PM
Mine is the theme from Halloween.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2012, 05:51 PM
I have the sound of one hand clapping.

olevetonahill
11/20/2012, 06:02 PM
Gotta give the Fireman a Big hand here
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/tqXu41BGVxo/0.jpg

8timechamps
11/20/2012, 08:42 PM
A TOOL is some thing Useful You aint so naw ya aint a TOOL

Mine is Boomer Sooner
bet ya woulda never guessed that huh? :very_drunk:

Mine too. It's been Boomer Sooner for six or seven years. And it will be Boomer Sooner until I die.

olevetonahill
11/20/2012, 08:48 PM
Mine too. It's been Boomer Sooner for six or seven years. And it will be Boomer Sooner until I die.

Yup I see no reason to ever change
Ive been to a Lot of places OS of OK and it is usually recognized when my phone rings

SoonerStormchaser
11/21/2012, 08:32 PM
Teh hawt wife: opening guitar riff to "Rock You Like A Hurricane" by Scorpions
Parents: opening to "Too Much Information" by Duran Duran
Older brother: opening to "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd
Younger brother: portion of "Tragedy" by Bee Gees
everyone else: awesome section of "Escape" by Journey

mojorisen2014
11/21/2012, 11:29 PM
Monday Night Football theme and Interstate Love Song by Stone Temple Pilots

GottaHavePride
11/22/2012, 10:56 AM
Right now - the theme from Sherlock Holmes.

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/22/2012, 11:32 AM
airwolf theme song

jk the sooner fan
11/22/2012, 11:43 AM
30 seconds of The Pretender - Foo Fighters

C&CDean
11/22/2012, 12:36 PM
I have one of the stock iPhone deals. Every time I've tried to change it it never works - or wants to charge me.

Seriously, how do you get a boomer sooner or any other ringtone?

jk the sooner fan
11/22/2012, 12:40 PM
I have one of the stock iPhone deals. Every time I've tried to change it it never works - or wants to charge me.

Seriously, how do you get a boomer sooner or any other ringtone?

i have an app - that cuts down a song - you pick which 30 seconds you want - then you have to save it to your itunes, and then sync it with your phone as a ring tone and change it in your settings

it's a bit of work really - for the non-computer types like me

SicEmBaylor
11/22/2012, 01:03 PM
There is an iOS version of Garage Band now, right?

I'm an Android man, so it isn't quite that easy but I use Audacity to cut whatever I want down to a 40 second clip.

I used to take the time to set unique ringtones for everyone, but I just don't have that kind of patience. The only person who has their own ringtone is SicEmEx which is Bittersweet Symphony.

My last ringtone for years was the lyrical portion of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgVyJjzD_-4

I also had this one for a very long time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHU7IhAAP_s

C&CDean
11/23/2012, 11:38 AM
So you've gotta be a geek to have a custom ringtone? WTF?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/23/2012, 12:06 PM
My ringtone is Bob Barry calling a touchdown pass from Sam Bradford to Jermaine Gresham.

sanantoniosooner
11/23/2012, 01:08 PM
I have an app that crops the sound segment you want and then you just tell it you want to use it as a ringtone.

Screw apple, iTunes and complicated crap.

olevetonahill
11/23/2012, 02:22 PM
So you've gotta be a geek to have a custom ringtone? WTF?

When I got my new phone last year , They did all changing over my phone numbers deal, I then told em Cool NOW put me a Boomer Sooner ring tone. Wernt hard at all.

WA. Sooner
11/25/2012, 09:55 AM
Boomer Sooner!

1890MilesToNorman
11/25/2012, 09:59 AM
Margaritaville

I asked for a Sooner ringtone and got my *** handed to me. :numbness:

sooneron
11/25/2012, 10:23 AM
Theme from Magnum PI (Due to my stache and it being Movember) for most peeps
Alarm - wife
Sci Fi - Dad
Blues- Mom
Dog Barking - My buddy from OU

The RMaker App is the way to go.

soonerboomer93
11/25/2012, 11:24 AM
Genereal - Where is my mind
Co-Workers - Here come the bastards

I generally leave my phone on vibrate though.
I use iTunes to make the ring tones, it really wasn't that difficult.

C&CDean
11/25/2012, 07:21 PM
Look. IDGAF what your ringtone is. I want to know how to put one on my ****ing iphone. Capice? Without bells and whistles and magical chantings and ****.

olevetonahill
11/25/2012, 07:29 PM
Look. IDGAF what your ringtone is. I want to know how to put one on my ****ing iphone. Capice? Without bells and whistles and magical chantings and ****.

Ya ****in Neanderthal, Its easy Peasy
Just swing by the ****in Store and tell the Nerds I said to put ya one on .
YWIA

cleller
11/25/2012, 07:41 PM
My ringtone is whatever the factory set when it was manufactured. It sounds like a telephone. My main thoughts on the ringtone is hoping to hear it as little as possible.

olevetonahill
11/25/2012, 07:51 PM
My ringtone is whatever the factory set when it was manufactured. It sounds like a telephone. My main thoughts on the ringtone is hoping to hear it as little as possible.

Put it on Vibrate and leave it under a Pillow, Works great

Wishboned
11/25/2012, 08:46 PM
Dean I have a Boomer Sooner ringtone that will work on an iphone. I can email it to you, and then when you sync up your iphone to itunes just drag the file over to the tones section.

olevetonahill
11/25/2012, 08:57 PM
Dean I have a Boomer Sooner ringtone that will work on an iphone. I can email it to you, and then when you sync up your iphone to itunes just drag the file over to the tones section.

Thats too Nerdy fer him, Can ya make it simpler? Ya know Like drive down and put it on his phone FOR HIM?

Wishboned
11/25/2012, 09:02 PM
Thats too Nerdy fer him, Can ya make it simpler? Ya know Like drive down and put it on his phone FOR HIM?

Y'know if he lived closer I would do that. :)

olevetonahill
11/25/2012, 09:14 PM
Y'know if he lived closer I would do that. :)

Glenpool aint all that far from Purcell. Maybe we can find some one Smart that lives close enough to him and Likes his grumpy old *** to do it for him.
That is if he cant take it to the Phone store himself and get it done :glee:

StoopTroup
11/25/2012, 11:59 PM
Sound of my Harley's Vance and Hines

8timechamps
11/27/2012, 08:10 PM

If you want simple, then the best thing to do is pay a buck for one on your phone and it should have an option to set it as your ringtone. I don't know how all of that works on Apple, but it should be as simple as that. Otherwise, ask one of your boys to do it.

sooneron
11/27/2012, 09:11 PM
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ringtone-maker-make-free-ringtones/id390929278?mt=8

This what Jon was talking about. It really isn't that hard and as long as you have a song in your phone's itunes, it will take it and cut it down to 30 sec or so. It will load it into an email whereby you send it to yourself. Open said email on whatever computer the phone is sync'd to and double click the file. It will load automatically into itunes. Sync phone, but remember to check the box next to the ringtone so it is loaded onto your phone. I have it, it's a MINOR PITA, but it works and it's free, as are the songs...
As long as you are near your computer, you will have the ringtone in 5 min or less.

TitoMorelli
11/27/2012, 11:21 PM
On old Windows I used to just listen to the samples on the ringtone sites and then copy the mp3 files from the temp folder before they were erased. But when I finally upgraded to the next version of Windows, the names of those files apparently were encrypted and nearly impossible to locate.

Since then I've made several with a sound-editing program. Have used both "Boomer Sooner" and "Fanfare/Oklahoma" at various times on my phones. The ringtone that people seem to like most has been theme from "The Good,the Bad and the Ugly."

deweydw
11/28/2012, 01:17 PM
Main - Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes to Midnight
Wifey - Blondie - One Way or Another
Son - My Chemical Romance - House of Wolves
Daughter - Journey Live Houston 1981 - Intro/Escape Concert that I attended. It was awesome. Have it on dvd.