PDA

View Full Version : Our 1st offensive play of the WVU game.

aurorasooner
11/19/2012, 11:08 PM
Where their big azzed NG gave a cheap shot to our center. IMO, this was intentional and was meant to send a message to us. Now with all the noise about how they're protecting defenseless players, WRs, QBs etc, from head shots, shouldn't this also apply to offensive and defensive linemen, when they're just in their stance and an opposing player slams a hard cheap shot across the LOS? It just seems like to me that when an opposing lineman blows across the LOS and knocks an opposing lineman backwards with a cheap shot , that the player is in-fact "defenseless" and that it should be a 15 yard personal foul penalty instead of just the run-of-the-mill 5 yards off-sides penalty, such as when a player just crosses the neutral zone before the snap w/o making any contact.

olevetonahill
11/19/2012, 11:10 PM
There were several PF flags that wernt thrown. Even the WVU fans saw it

Soonerjeepman
11/20/2012, 09:32 AM
don't think it bothered the offense at all...we went down and scored..and scored a lot. Maybe our D should have done something similar. I think everyone, players, coaches kind of relaxed in the second half. BJWright even said at halftime the coaches thought that OU was in control of the game. hmmmm....not a good thing to think unless your up by 40/50 IMHO.

OkieThunderLion
11/20/2012, 05:39 PM
Interesting thought with Ikard missing the previous play due to concussion.

boomersooner28
11/20/2012, 06:44 PM
Ikard has been hurt. That was intentional and in my mind it was to see if they could get Ikard out of the game early.

tulsaoilerfan
11/20/2012, 09:13 PM
Ikard has been hurt. That was intentional and in my mind it was to see if they could get Ikard out of the game early.

Thought the same thing when it happened; deliberate cheap shot

aurorasooner
11/20/2012, 10:17 PM
Thought the same thing when it happened; deliberate cheap shot
Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner28 View Post
Ikard has been hurt. That was intentional and in my mind it was to see if they could get Ikard out of the game early. YEAH, I know he's been hurt, and imo, it was a lame cheap shot probably set in their game-plan by their DC, but there's no way to prove it.
But, whether, it's an OU, Texass, WVU, or Slippery Rock lineman (especially the center who's calling the blocking assignments, concentrating on the QB position as well as the snap count), shouldn't both the OL and DL be protected by the same rules just as their protecting QBs and WRs? We all pretty-much agree (including the announcing crew) that the whole officiating crew doing that game either had a bad game or are just flat incompetent, but it seems to me about the only way to stop that kind of deliberate crap (if it was deliberate) is to have the conference head of officiating point this out to the individual crews, that they are free to give a 15 yard penalty personal foul penalty instead of just a 5 yarder when a lineman blows across the LOS and blindsides his opponent.