PDA

View Full Version : Flordia State is getting shafted

8timechamps
11/19/2012, 06:45 PM
They are ranked 10 in the BCS poll. They have lost one game (granted it was a bad loss), but there are 4 two loss teams ahead of them. A win over Florida would help them move, but still wouldn't be enough to put them anywhere near the title game (barring a bunch of crazy scenarios that won't happen). The ACC is so disrespected that the only way an ACC team could play in a title game is to be undefeated. I'm not arguing that the ACC should get more respect, in fact I'm saying the exact opposite. The ACC is (for the most part) a joke. NOW is the time for the Big XII to pursue Clemson and FSU hard! I don't think FSU would take much persuading at this point, and Clemson would leave the ACC in a heartbeat if FSU left.

soonergirlNeugene
11/19/2012, 06:47 PM
I like this idea but the buyout would mean a historic payday for the ACC. Can the B12 even afford that?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/19/2012, 06:51 PM
I like this idea but the buyout would mean a historic payday for the ACC. Can the B12 even afford that?no problema...they can print more money, and/or borrow it from China.

8timechamps
11/19/2012, 06:54 PM
I like this idea but the buyout would mean a historic payday for the ACC. Can the B12 even afford that?

I'm guessing that's why there hasn't been more talk about this. I think if the ACC were to implode, it would make things much easier...but I don't know how that would happen at this point.

SoonerorLater
11/19/2012, 06:56 PM
It wouldn't make any difference if they were in the Big 12 because the BCS would have just advanced the SEC teams over them any way.

8timechamps
11/19/2012, 06:58 PM
It wouldn't make any difference if they were in the Big 12 because the BCS would have just advanced the SEC teams over them any way.

Well, it's really hard to argue that. Until the SEC love fest goes away, this is going to be how it works for everyone outside of the BCS.

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2012, 07:44 PM
This is the reason I feel the polls just need to go away until Thanksgiving!

But fortunately for us, a playoff is on the horizon!

OU_Sooners75
11/19/2012, 07:53 PM
Speaking of playoff...

I read that the champions bowl (SEC vs Big12), the Rose Bowl (Big 10 vs Pac 12), and now the Orange Bowl will all be host sites of semifinal games.

But no where does it say that these bowls will be their tradtional set up.

My question, does anyone know if a SEC and Big 12 team is in the playoff and are #1 and 2 do they still have to play each other in the semifinal?

Me personally, I would like to see the playffs start two weeks after the conference title games are done. Then the championship be played on January 1.

Instead of the purposed Semifinals on News Day and the championship a week after on Monday. Minimum of 6 days between.

agoo758
11/19/2012, 07:54 PM
Besides the fact that Florida State plays in the God Awful ACC, ther OOC games includes Murray State and Savannah State. One of the Computers doesn't even have them in the top 25. If anything, they are getting very favorable treatment.

BoulderSooner79
11/19/2012, 07:57 PM
The FSU/Gator game will be interesting. Kirk@ESPN keeps saying it's a given that FSU wins, but I'm not so sure. When I see FSU play, their offense looks pretty fragile when challenged and the Gator will challenge them.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/19/2012, 08:03 PM
The FSU/Gator game will be interesting. Kirk@ESPN keeps saying it's a given that FSU wins, but I'm not so sure. When I see FSU play, their offense looks pretty fragile when challenged and the Gator will challenge them.This should be a VERY GOOD game. Bragging rights for the state, as well as the nat. ratings, and especially for recruits.

Who was that jerk from Denton tx that said he was interested in OU, wound up going to the Crims, and dissed us a lot, just for the audacity of trying to get him to drop FSU, or so it seemed?

Seamus
11/19/2012, 08:05 PM
http://www.nndb.com/people/217/000026139/ice-cube.jpg **** the SEC. I said it with authority.

Salt City Sooner
11/19/2012, 08:14 PM
Besides the fact that Florida State plays in the God Awful ACC, ther OOC games includes Murray State and Savannah State. One of the Computers doesn't even have them in the top 25. If anything, they are getting very favorable treatment.
True, but I will say in their defense that they were supposed to start a set w/ WVU this year, but the 'eers dumped it when they joined the B12. That's how Savannah State came to be. Even w/ a cupcake sandwiched in between, WVU & UF looked like a pretty solid OOC lineup for them.

EatLeadCommie
11/19/2012, 08:27 PM
FSU is as good as their QB, and their QB is prone to eggheaded play. They are very capable of beating UF and even beating them badly, but I doubt they will. I personally don't think that either FSU or UF is very good this year.

Scott D
11/19/2012, 08:33 PM
This should be a VERY GOOD game. Bragging rights for the state, as well as the nat. ratings, and especially for recruits.

Who was that jerk from Denton tx that said he was interested in OU, wound up going to the Crims, and dissed us a lot, just for the audacity of trying to get him to drop FSU, or so it seemed?

I assume you mean Mario Edwards.

Florida State will get a bump from the computers if they beat Florida since the computers have Florida ranked #2 only behind Touchdown Satan.

CowboyMRW
11/19/2012, 08:37 PM
FSU shuts out Florida. I'm very positive in that game.

FirstandGoal
11/19/2012, 08:42 PM
FSU shuts out Florida. I'm very positive in that game.

I won't believe it till 8TC predicts it.

8timechamps
11/19/2012, 08:44 PM

I understand what you're saying, but I think that's all based on the SEC line of reasoning. Florida State's OOC schedule is no worse than a lot (if not most) of the SEC OOC schedules. The assumption is that since teams like A&M and LSU lost to other high ranked SEC teams, then their losses aren't as bad. But that's all subjective. I happen to think LSU and Florida are both highly overrated this year. So, losing to LSU and Florida (like A&M did) should be enough to drop a team below any one loss team. Nevermind that I think it should be enough to drop them below Oklahoma.

How can you argue that they are getting favorable treatment? Like you said, they aren't even ranked in one of the computer polls. That's assinine. I'm no fan of FSU, but they are getting hosed.

8timechamps
11/19/2012, 08:45 PM
I won't believe it till 8TC predicts it.

I've got groupies!!!!

BoulderSooner79
11/19/2012, 08:46 PM
I've got groupies!!!!

But are they the hottie type of groupies someone would want?

Turd_Ferguson
11/19/2012, 08:47 PM
I've got groupies!!!!That should have been "groupie"...until I just joined. You now have "groupies". :biggrin:

olevetonahill
11/19/2012, 08:53 PM
I've got groupies!!!!

I've got crabs :very_drunk:

MyT Oklahoma
11/19/2012, 09:10 PM
Meanwhile, getting back to the original question and I say this in all sincerity, who cares? LOL

agoo758
11/19/2012, 09:27 PM
I understand what you're saying, but I think that's all based on the SEC line of reasoning. Florida State's OOC schedule is no worse than a lot (if not most) of the SEC OOC schedules. The assumption is that since teams like A&M and LSU lost to other high ranked SEC teams, then their losses aren't as bad. But that's all subjective. I happen to think LSU and Florida are both highly overrated this year. So, losing to LSU and Florida (like A&M did) should be enough to drop a team below any one loss team. Nevermind that I think it should be enough to drop them below Oklahoma.

How can you argue that they are getting favorable treatment? Like you said, they aren't even ranked in one of the computer polls. That's assinine. I'm no fan of FSU, but they are getting hosed.

I mean that they are getting favorable treatment from the human polls. I personaly wouldn't put them in the top 20 based on who theyve played thsi year, although a win over Florida would convince me otherwise.

8timechamps
11/19/2012, 10:15 PM
That should have been "groupie"...until I just joined. You now have "groupies". :biggrin:

See, I already counted you...so, as usual, I was correct!

8timechamps
11/19/2012, 10:16 PM

Damn Turd! I tried to warn you about him.

8timechamps
11/19/2012, 10:18 PM
I mean that they are getting favorable treatment from the human polls. I personaly wouldn't put them in the top 20 based on who theyve played thsi year, although a win over Florida would convince me otherwise.

If it's just on an eye test, I'd say they are as deserving of a spot as Florida is. I've seen Florida struggle twice this year with teams that a legitimate top 5 team should have destroyed (Bowling Green and Louisiana Lafayette).

I hate the computer polls anyway, because nobody knows how they are calculated.

Turd_Ferguson
11/19/2012, 10:18 PM
Damn Turd! I tried to warn you about him.
They don't bother me...I just set a brush fire ever once in a while and kill'm off...Two birds and one stone type dealio...

rock on sooner
11/19/2012, 10:25 PM

There's a spray fer them...half wood alcohol, one quarter ammonia
and one quarter distilled water. Apply liberally, lighted match and
then vaseline fer the burns and scars annd yer good!

rock on sooner
11/19/2012, 10:26 PM
Oops, dint see TF's solution....

kevpks
11/19/2012, 10:27 PM
I wonder what the ratings would be for a Bama/Florida national championship game. Pretty low I bet.

agoo758
11/20/2012, 02:43 AM
If it's just on an eye test, I'd say they are as deserving of a spot as Florida is. I've seen Florida struggle twice this year with teams that a legitimate top 5 team should have destroyed (Bowling Green and Louisiana Lafayette).

I hate the computer polls anyway, because nobody knows how they are calculated.

I prefer complicated and objective computer calculations over the "who loses last gets screwed the hardest" system that the BCS has become since ESPN bullied the BCS into making the human polls the majority of the weight.