PDA

View Full Version : Without peeking! A Poke knowledge poll

badger
11/19/2012, 10:29 AM
A knowledge poll...

How many Heismans, (any) conference championships, BCS bowl wins and wins over them dare Goonerz do the Pokes have in football?

In conclusion, there is OK-FIRST (that's us) and there is OK-LAST:
http://www.orangepower.com/attachments/imageuploadedbytapatalk1348964925-556916-jpg.13660/
That's Poke.

Be jealous! (and be stunned)
:stunned:

Bourbon St Sooner
11/19/2012, 12:33 PM
So where's the back of the book so I can see if I'm right? I don't want to have to Google poke suckitude.

badger
11/19/2012, 12:39 PM
I will reveal the answers on... Wednesday, I guess? Before the game, definitely.

Hint: Most people are not getting every one right, so don't peek at the poll results first to see the "answers," because some are majority-like wrong right now. The last one is "opinion," since you have to guess whether or not the Pokes will try to win or not (and if they're starting Choo Choo Chelf you have to question their effort, heh) but I can confirm that they are ranked and they do have 3 losses :)

BigTip
11/19/2012, 01:22 PM
Clarify a question:
"Poke has more than 15 (any) conference championships claimed."

I interpreted the "any" to mean titles in any sport.
But then I thought you probably meant football titles in "any" of the several conferences they (and us) have been in?

Which is it?

badger
11/19/2012, 01:49 PM
Clarify a question:
"Poke has more than 15 (any) conference championships claimed."

I interpreted the "any" to mean titles in any sport.
But then I thought you probably meant football titles in "any" of the several conferences they (and us) have been in?

Which is it?

I meant any conference, whether it's the Big 12, the Big 8 or... that Missouri thing that they used to be apart of.

ALL questions are in regards to FOOTBALL, who gives a crap about rasslin (nobody! not even OKLAST!)

picasso
11/19/2012, 02:12 PM
Poke has a Heisman. I've seen it.

I also know that the former Poke golf coach had the nicest coaching office at GIA.

BigTip
11/19/2012, 02:54 PM

I also know that the former Poke golf coach had the nicest coaching office at GIA.

lol, that's because they have almost as many golf titles as they do rasslin' titles.

badger
11/19/2012, 03:03 PM

The Oklahoma Centennial Commission commissioned Oklahoma artists to sculpt Heisman statues for all of the state's Heisman winners.

OKLAST has no statue on its campus. We have five.

Soooo... I guess we will have to wait for the official answers before giving that one away ;)

goingoneight
11/19/2012, 03:09 PM
Yawn. I guess we are playing them this week, eh? I feel like I've spent all emotion on 2012 already. Need to save a little for the Whorny Toads next week.

badger
11/20/2012, 09:10 AM
I'll give you one answer:

As 90 percent of you correctly guessed, Barry Sanders gave the Pokes the (as of yet) ONLY, lonely Heisman. He then promptly left Stillwater, only to return like, once, I think. I saw him there at the OU-osu game in 2002, and he apparently surprised Poke officials by showing up, not that they seemed to mind.

Odds are, they're not going to see anymore Heismans anytime soon. They usually go to quarterbacks and if Gundy just now realized that his third stringer was his starter (much like he did with Old Man Weeden), they're not going to get the snaps necessarily for the stats/wins to get the stiffy arm trophy.

I'll provide more answers later, but you can keep guessing till Thursday.

gwydion
11/20/2012, 10:38 PM
Aren't the correct statements in italic?

olevetonahill
11/20/2012, 10:41 PM
I dont remember my answers But I KNOW im right :welcoming:

badger
11/21/2012, 09:22 AM
Aren't the correct statements in italic?

The italicized ones are the ones that you personally checked. Usually polls are opinion, so there technically is no right answers to those... maybe. The "who gets fired next" will eventually have a right answer, I guess :)

Another correct answer time: As 88 percent of you correctly guessed, OKLAST has beaten us less than 20 times in more than 100 meetings in football. This series is known in the media as a word that is banned around here. Go ahead, try to type "BEDLAM" and it disappears when you post! Ha!

Us Goonerz currently lead the series 82-17-7, which has been commonly reported (probably because it's true) as the most lopsided in-state "rivalry" in college football.

Despite OKLAST's alleged success on the basketball court, OU also owns them in that, 127–93. We probably also dominate them in womens basketball, but I am unsure of the record in that regard.

You have till tomorrow morning to take a shot at correct answers, at which time I will finally reveal the rest that you all are not doing so well on :stunned:

OU_Sooners75
11/21/2012, 09:57 AM
Seriously, 6 people said OSU has no heisman winners?

They have one. Barry Sanders!

I'm disappointed in Sooner Nation right now....lol.

FirstandGoal
11/21/2012, 09:59 AM
Seriously, 6 people said OSU has no heisman winners?

They have one. Barry Sanders!

I'm disappointed in Sooner Nation right now....lol.

LOL, there is no excuse for missing either that question or the one about how lopsided this "rivalry" is.

OUTrumpet
11/21/2012, 10:00 AM
The Oklahoma Centennial Commission commissioned Oklahoma artists to sculpt Heisman statues for all of the state's Heisman winners.

OKLAST has no statue on its campus. We have five.

Soooo... I guess we will have to wait for the official answers before giving that one away ;)

Barry Sanders won, Ok State turned it down because they didn't want a lonely Barry statue.

OU_Sooners75
11/21/2012, 10:04 AM
No need to wait for the answers.

Mike Gundy has one losing season at OSU, his first was 4-7.
OSU has just 10 conference titles. 11 if you want to include being a co divisional champion.
OSU has just 17 wins vs OU.
OSU has just 1 bcs era bcs bowl win. But has never lost any bowl game they have played in thatgs currently a BCS bowl.

badger
11/21/2012, 10:45 AM
Barry Sanders won, Ok State turned it down because they didn't want a lonely Barry statue.

I know, I was trying to throw you all off your guessing game. OKLAST probably worried that Barry wouldn't show up, unlike our Heismans who all have great relationships with their alma mater. Hell, Barry's own namesake son shunned the Pokes during HS recruitment --- I academically qualify for Stanford? Bye Bye OSU! Hellllllo Silicon Valley! :stunned:

badger
11/21/2012, 10:47 AM
No need to wait for the answers.

Mike Gundy has one losing season at OSU, his first was 4-7.
OSU has just 10 conference titles. 11 if you want to include being a co divisional champion.
OSU has just 17 wins vs OU.
OSU has just 1 bcs era bcs bowl win. But has never lost any bowl game they have played in thatgs currently a BCS bowl.
http://thesunnygirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/debbie-downer.jpg

Wishboned
11/21/2012, 11:08 AM
The Duggars have more kids than OSU has wins against OU in football.

An OSU fan can count the number of wins against OU on his fingers and toes and still be able to pick his nose, stick his thumb up his butt, and flip off one of them cheatin' Gooners.

OU's longest winning streak against OSU is 19 games in a row. That's 2 more in one streak than OSU has total.

If you were born in 1977 you were legally able to drive a car and watch a R rated movie in the theater before you ever saw OU lose to OSU.