PDA

View Full Version : Who gets fired next?

badger
11/19/2012, 09:07 AM
Derek Dooley is reportedly out.

Soooo... who will go next, an NFL head coach, or another SEC head football coach?

Breadburner
11/19/2012, 09:10 AM
Arky....

badger
11/19/2012, 09:11 AM
Arky....

keep in mind that I'm talking about an actual firing and his contract was a one-year dealio. my guess is they let it expire and don't fire him.

Auburn and Kentucky are the other two SEC conference schools that have ZERO conference wins besides Dooley Tennessee (who ever though Kiffin and Rocky Top would miss each other this much?)

jk the sooner fan
11/19/2012, 09:11 AM
Andy Reed in Philly has a foot out the door

Breadburner
11/19/2012, 09:20 AM
Norv Turner

badger
11/19/2012, 09:26 AM
Andy Reed in Philly has a foot out the door

So does Jest coach Rex Ryan.

Whoever's in Cleveland (they're too bad to know unless you're a fan) has to be nervous with Holmgren (only know him because he used to be Packers coach, was Cleveland's GM) out.

Jerry Jones likes to fire coaches when his own stupid owner/gm decisions lead the team to losing.

The Lions have too much talent on both offense and defense to continually be in the NFC North cellar (which they are, thanks to the Packers being the sixth team to defeat them, tee hee)

I have to think that Mike Sherman (Dolphin offensive coordinator) was a bad hire, so therefore his head coach and the quarterback he brought with him from aTm have to be at risk of losing their jorbs too.

Should anybody with the Jags feel safe?

Should anybody with the Chefs feel safe?! Poor Romeo. :(

agoo758
11/19/2012, 11:39 AM
The only SEC coach off the top of my head that could be fired at this point is Chizick. No reports about Reid getting fired today, so I think h'ell stick around to the end of the season. Ill go with SEC coach.

badger
11/19/2012, 11:46 AM
The only SEC coach off the top of my head that could be fired at this point is Chizick. No reports about Reid getting fired today, so I think h'ell stick around to the end of the season. Ill go with SEC coach.

Kentucky has no SEC losses. Joker's gotta be feeling heat, even if Kentucky has never been competitive in that conference in football

Scott D
11/19/2012, 12:28 PM
I dunno, ole Kiffy has been given the vote of confidence by Pat Haden.

5thYearSooner
11/19/2012, 12:40 PM
Kentucky has no SEC losses

Impressive!

BigJerm7
11/19/2012, 12:44 PM
What about Edsall?

Scott D
11/19/2012, 12:50 PM
What about Edsall?

when a scout team linebacker is forced to play QB because everyone else at that position is injured, you might get a pass.

goingoneight
11/19/2012, 01:01 PM
If you read landthieves, everybody in Norman except for the drive-thru cashier needs to be fired, publicly humiliated and stoned to death.

badger
11/19/2012, 01:11 PM
If you read landthieves, everybody in Norman except for the drive-thru cashier needs to be fired, publicly humiliated and stoned to death.

But on the positive side, they don't have to put up with my long-winded ranty posts (and sometimes the random photos that accompany)

Soonerjeepman
11/19/2012, 01:21 PM
I hope the "walrus" for the Chiefs gets canned....I doubt it. Until the Chiefs start losing $$$ due to this continual crap Hunt's won't do jack.

TanTanFeil
11/19/2012, 01:50 PM
Supposedly Auburn is going to give Chizik another chance next season. But I think they should just fire him at the end of the season while they have the chance. There is no excuse for a team with that much talent being that bad. And I agree with Dooley. He's getting canned

agoo758
11/19/2012, 02:14 PM
Kentucky has no SEC losses. Joker's gotta be feeling heat, even if Kentucky has never been competitive in that conference in football

Joker was fired like a month ago.... lol

(granted he is still there, but he is out after the season)

Scott D
11/19/2012, 03:12 PM
Supposedly Auburn is going to give Chizik another chance next season. But I think they should just fire him at the end of the season while they have the chance. There is no excuse for a team with that much talent being that bad. And I agree with Dooley. He's getting canned

dooley got canned and caned yesterday. I've discussed with Auburn fans the buyout for Chizik, and it sounds like it's smaller than Tuberville's was when they ran him out of town, so anything is possible. That being said, I'd still have Chizik and Kiffin higher on the list simply because they've been backed in print.

Soonerfan88
11/19/2012, 04:52 PM
Voted SEC because I think Chizik is gone no matter what supposed votes of confidence (phrase of doom?) he is getting right now. His season will be over before the NFL, where they are rarely let go mid-season.

And yes, Joker has already been fired but they are letting him finish the year.

badger
11/19/2012, 05:11 PM
Voted SEC because I think Chizik is gone no matter what supposed votes of confidence (phrase of doom?) he is getting right now. His season will be over before the NFL, where they are rarely let go mid-season.

And yes, Joker has already been fired but they are letting him finish the year.

Dream scenario:
Arkansas beats No. 7 LSU
Georgia Tech defeats No. 3 Georgia
Auburn defeated No. 2 Alabama
Florida State defeats No. 4 Florida

and just for fun
Missouri defeats No. 9 Texas A&M.

All top SEC losses to unranked or non-SEC teams, they are once again out of the title picture.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, WORLD! :D

8timechamps
11/19/2012, 07:00 PM
I don't see any more mid-season SEC firings, but there are a couple of NFL coaches that won't make it to the end of the season if they don't get it together. So, I voted NFL.

Scott D
11/19/2012, 08:36 PM
Is Dennis Allen one of those coaches, because he surely does suck.

StoopTroup
11/19/2012, 08:53 PM
If a NFL Owner can be fired by a Fan Base....I think Kansas City is close. I had a Death in the Family this last week and we stayed in KC this weekend. The Local News there was brutal about the Chiefs and what's going on. Fans dressed in all Black and the Owner evidently didn't show up at the Game and nobody even knows where he is.

Kansas City Chiefs Fan's Obituary Claims He Died Of 'Heartbreaking Disappointment'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/19/kansas-city-chiefs-fan-obituary_n_2160096.html

BTW...this fella wasn't my relative but I swear...folks up there aren't taking a 1-9 start well at all.
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/19/kansas-city-chiefs-fan-obituary_n_2160096.html)

StoopTroup
11/19/2012, 09:05 PM
Clark Hunt and his Family have gone underground.....lol

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/clark-hunt-2010-nfl-kansas-chiefs-oakland-5hQo9W.jpg

agoo758
11/19/2012, 09:33 PM
They'd probably forgive him if they fired that **** Pioli.

tycat947
11/19/2012, 09:55 PM
Dream scenario:
Arkansas beats No. 7 LSU
Georgia Tech defeats No. 3 Georgia
Auburn defeated No. 2 Alabama
Florida State defeats No. 4 Florida

and just for fun
Missouri defeats No. 9 Texas A&M.

All top SEC losses to unranked or non-SEC teams, they are once again out of the title picture.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, WORLD! :D

I'm with you Badger!!! Make it happen!!!

Scott D
11/20/2012, 02:19 PM
Apparently we were all wrong, Cal fired Jeff Tedford today. I expect a huge game from Aaron Rodgers in retaliation because of it.

badger
11/20/2012, 02:23 PM
Apparently we were all wrong, Cal fired Jeff Tedford today. I expect a huge game from Aaron Rodgers in retaliation because of it.

But don't expect sh!t from Desean Jackson cuz the Eagles suck majorly :P

Scott D
11/20/2012, 02:27 PM
I doubt Desean Jackson even cares.

badger
11/20/2012, 02:31 PM
I doubt Desean Jackson even cares.

True... but perhaps the final nail in Tedford's coffin was recruiting this kid:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4905/kevinhart.jpg

"Coach [Jeff] Tedford and I talked a lot, and the fact that the head coach did most of the recruiting of me kind of game me a real personal experience with that coach. And we had like a really good relationship."

;)

goingoneight
11/20/2012, 03:05 PM
Tedford brought in great talent, but never did anything noteworthy with it.

badger
11/20/2012, 03:14 PM

We said the same thing about :mack: till 2005 :(

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2012, 03:26 PM
Tedford's Cal team knocked USC out of the BSC title game during the '03 season, and for that we thank him.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/20/2012, 04:11 PM
Price announced his retirement fromUTEP today.

Flagstaffsooner
11/20/2012, 06:29 PM
If texa$$ had any sense...

8timechamps
11/20/2012, 08:18 PM

He is a lot like Mack, except he never really won anything. With the resurgence of UCLA, Cal had fallen to the bottom of the big programs in the state. IMO, Tedford should have been cut loose last year.

Jacie
11/20/2012, 09:32 PM
We said the same thing about :mack: till 2005 :(

If deciding NOT to coach a player is doing anything, then this is a true statement . . .

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2012, 11:00 PM
He is a lot like Mack, except he never really won anything. With the resurgence of UCLA, Cal had fallen to the bottom of the big programs in the state. IMO, Tedford should have been cut loose last year.

Yep, if he was let go last year, he would have walked away with ~$9m and not had to endure this season. Instead, he suffered through 3-9 and only left with $6.7M in free cash. Cal was a cruel boss.

badger
11/21/2012, 09:26 AM
Sooo... still no correct answer, eh? Weird. I was expecting a firing this week. Maybe after the weekend/holiday games are over we'll see more cannings?

BoulderSooner79
11/21/2012, 09:36 AM
This weekend will be the final game for many teams, so there could be more college firings.

badger
11/21/2012, 10:50 AM
This weekend will be the final game for many teams, so there could be more college firings.

Two years is a generally accepted life expectancy for a coach now. Two ****ing years! You have two bad years and you're on the hot seat. If they mercifully grant you a third year it's mostly a lame duck session. A fourth year? A gift from heaven that is probably just to minimize the buyout. Five years is sooooo 10 years ago.

Two years is the new five years.

prrriiide
11/21/2012, 11:01 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Tedford.

Sabanball
11/21/2012, 08:52 PM
With yahoo sports/Pat Forde reporting today that Auburn football is under investigation, Chizik is toast and his $7.5 million buyout is circling the drain.

goingoneight
11/21/2012, 10:56 PM
Maybe I have a bit of a conspiracy theory going on here... but somehow I just knew that the NCAA might take another peek at Auburn if they started losing... not when they were the "fad" team in 2010. It takes a lot for me to wish Oregon had won a National Championship... but I sincerely wished the Ducks had knocked off sCam and the Barners.
Instead... they ended up with a RB named Barner. Go figure.

Jacie
11/22/2012, 11:19 AM
It takes a lot for me to wish Oregon had won a National Championship... but I sincerely wished the Ducks had knocked off sCam and the Barners.
Instead... they ended up with a RB named Barner. Go figure.

Takes more than that for me. I am kinda of glad it went the way it did. Helped add fuel to the playoff fire and while exposing (yet again) the hypocrisy of the NCAA when Scam Newton-led Auburn won the BCS . . .

Jacie
11/22/2012, 12:08 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Tedford.

Done.

goingoneight
11/22/2012, 03:11 PM
Here's hoping Mack Brown finishes 10-2 and comes back for 2013!!!

stoopified
11/23/2012, 08:03 AM
If texa$$ had any sense...Bite your tongue! I strongly believe OU is much better off with Mack at UT rather than having the Orange Cows upgrade.