PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Commit - RB Devon Thomas

8timechamps
11/18/2012, 08:49 PM
Devon Thomas (Broken Arrow, OK) committed to play football for OU in 2014. OU offered Thomas a scholarship last year (his Sophomore year). Thomas is considered by many to be the #1 player in the state for the 2014 recruiting class. He had already received offers from OSU, Clemson, Houston and others as well as high interest from just about every major program in the country. The class of 2014 looks to be off to a good start with the Sooners already getting commitments from two ESPNU Watch List recruits (Thomas & WR Armanti Foreman).

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/19/2012, 01:53 AM
Here's his rivals page:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Devon-Thomas-131970;_ylt=AjTGWyiONPuoAjymak1hzA1IPZB4

vtsooner21
12/11/2012, 07:33 AM
According to NewsOk, Thomas has decided to rethink his verbal. Leaving his options open I'm guessing...

Boomer

Scott D
12/11/2012, 06:10 PM
he's a 2014 commit, to be honest...my friend isn't letting her son verbal at this stage and he's a sought after 2014 recruit. There is a school that is a front runner for them, but she wants him to go through the complete process before he commits. It's definitely too early for kids that are juniors to be concerned with verbally committing.

8timechamps
12/11/2012, 06:40 PM
I mentioned this on the football board yesterday, but I'll put it here too...

Thomas has de-committed basically to give the process it's due time. OU is still in the running, but he wants to be able to take some visits, see what other schools think, etc. I completely agree that this is the right thing to do. Not to mention he still has to play his senior year. Why not take advantage of the process?