PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia could become a rival...

8timechamps
11/18/2012, 03:09 PM
I went into the game last night thinking that it was just another conference game against a good offense, and there wouldn't be much hatred between the two teams. I think I was wrong. From almost the first play, WVU players were trash talking any chance they could get. Add to that the Tavon Austin showboating (and he deserved to do it) and his performance, plus the officiating...I think there is definitely some hatred already building.

What's funny is that Nebraska is ending their second season in the Big 10, and their fans are complaining that there is no rivalry of any kind being built in their conference. A lot of their fans said that it's just going to take a long time to develop feelings for other teams. We've played exactly one conference game against WVU, and I already hate them.

rock on sooner
11/18/2012, 03:16 PM
What would be fun to watch is WVU and Baylor...Austin and Seastrunk
both channeling Barry Sanders. Is Austin underclassman? I hope he's
a senior. I know Seastrunk is a frosh...three more years trying to catch
smoke through a keyhole!

8timechamps
11/18/2012, 08:05 PM
What would be fun to watch is WVU and Baylor...Austin and Seastrunk
both channeling Barry Sanders. Is Austin underclassman? I hope he's
a senior. I know Seastrunk is a frosh...three more years trying to catch
smoke through a keyhole!

The good news is that Tavon Austin is a senior. The bad news is that Seastrunk is a freshman.

SoonerSeattle
11/18/2012, 08:15 PM
Baylor site says Seastrunk is a sophomore.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/seastrunk_lache00.html

JiminyChristmas
11/18/2012, 11:15 PM
Seastrunk is the best RB in the conference. He will get Baylor another Heisman before he's done.

8timechamps
11/18/2012, 11:52 PM
Baylor site says Seastrunk is a sophomore.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/seastrunk_lache00.html

Maybe a redshirt soph. Since he had to sit out after his transfer from Oregon.

Edit: No, that wouldn't be right either. Thought he was a frosh, maybe not.

Breadburner
11/19/2012, 02:59 AM
Maybe..... if they hire coach that has beat us.....

thecrimsoncrusader
11/19/2012, 07:43 AM
The NCAA needs to get off of their can and start investigating the Baylor basketball and football programs.

Jacie
11/19/2012, 08:15 AM
. . . or they could replace little brother and the mildcats as everyone's b*tch (ah, those were the days!).

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2012, 03:14 PM
The NCAA needs to get off of their can and start investigating the Baylor basketball and football programs.

You are daft.

AzianSooner
11/19/2012, 10:53 PM
not all rivalry were build on hatred.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/20/2012, 01:59 AM
I went into the game last night thinking that it was just another conference game against a good offense, and there wouldn't be much hatred between the two teams. I think I was wrong. From almost the first play, WVU players were trash talking any chance they could get. Add to that the Tavon Austin showboating (and he deserved to do it) and his performance, plus the officiating...I think there is definitely some hatred already building.

What's funny is that Nebraska is ending their second season in the Big 10, and their fans are complaining that there is no rivalry of any kind being built in their conference. A lot of their fans said that it's just going to take a long time to develop feelings for other teams. We've played exactly one conference game against WVU, and I already hate them.They mauled us the 2 previous times we played them. What continues to PO me the most is the performance of the refs. That's just WRONG, and SOMETHING should be done about it.

MojoRisen
11/20/2012, 04:38 AM
Torture :) LOL

Jacie
11/20/2012, 10:06 AM
They mauled us the 2 previous times we played them. What continues to PO me the most is the performance of the refs. That's just WRONG, and SOMETHING should be done about it.

Sooners gave em a couple of beatdowns but maybe those were before your time.

badger
11/20/2012, 10:14 AM
Instead of taking their women, we can take their couches and burn them first. Oooo, that would make them angry! :P

11/20/2012, 01:25 PM
Sooners gave em a couple of beatdowns but maybe those were before your time.I only remember the games of '82 in Norman, and that disastrous Fiesta Bowl after the '07 season. I witnessed both games in person. Prior to that, we were 2-0 with them, but I haven't even looked up when those games were.

11/20/2012, 01:27 PM
Instead of taking their women, we can take their couches and burn them first. Oooo, that would make them angry! :PNo, we'll just take (some of) their women.

SoonerMarkVA
11/20/2012, 01:57 PM
I am certain they'll become a rival, and probably the best one we have after ut. Teams that any given year can punch you in the mouth and get a win tend to become rivals. WV is going to be a very good team for the foreseeable future. We're 3-2 all time, and that winning difference came down to the final seconds and a 1-point win. Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm really glad to have them in the conference. We need more teams that can challenge us and keep us innovating and sharpen us. WV, and the re-emergence of KSU, are IMO very good for OU. And as much as I like beating the tar out of ut, having them go toe-to-toe with us helps, too.

badger
11/20/2012, 02:03 PM
No, we'll just take (some of) their women.

I'm not interested in Mountaineer women. I'll take their couches though. When we have our next ice storm, we'll need fires to keep warm after all the power outages :(

StoopTroup
11/20/2012, 02:32 PM

Finally....you could be onto something.

http://mylittlecorneroflife.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/keanureeves.jpg?w=540