PDA

View Full Version : It was always like this in the Big 8...

Soonerus
11/18/2012, 11:27 AM
If OU ends up tied with another team then they are Co-Champions of the league, regardless of who won head to head...

fadada1
11/18/2012, 11:40 AM
only difference is KState never had to worry about that scenerio.

Jmorales22
11/18/2012, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't claim it. That's aggie

yermom
11/18/2012, 02:10 PM
maybe we can get a rematch with KState like we did with Nebraska in '78 (which we count)

zseese
11/18/2012, 06:43 PM
Jmorales22 is absolutely correct, if we don't win it then we don't win it, don't beg for a tie or you might as well move to s$&@water. That's like giving out participation trophy's, yeah they are shiny, but they don't mean crap!!

yermom
11/18/2012, 07:06 PM
so we should scratch some numbers off the stadium, give back some rings and trophies?

FirstandGoal
11/18/2012, 11:36 PM
Jmorales22 is absolutely correct, if we don't win it then we don't win it, don't beg for a tie or you might as well move to s$&@water. That's like giving out participation trophy's, yeah they are shiny, but they don't mean crap!!

**** that! If we get a piece of the title, we should claim it. To do otherwise would be a slap in the face to all of the players and coaches who earned it.

OkieThunderLion
11/18/2012, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't claim it. That's aggie

Always been claimed

pappy
11/19/2012, 02:18 AM
**** that! If we get a piece of the title, we should claim it. To do otherwise would be a slap in the face to all of the players and coaches who earned it.

not a slap in the face, K-state earned it by beating us and its their trophy if they beat texas.

FirstandGoal
11/19/2012, 10:19 AM
not a slap in the face, K-state earned it by beating us and its their trophy if they beat texas.

Gotta respectfully disagree. Without a CCG, this is the way its always been. If KSU wanted it outright, they shouldn't have gotten Baylored.

yermom
11/19/2012, 10:36 AM
i hate getting Baylored :(

badger
11/19/2012, 10:36 AM
This way, Stoops can keep his never-gone-two-seasons-without-conference-championship streak alive, Boren and regents will raise his pay and we'll be expected to be happy with a two-loss season!

:mad:

zseese
11/19/2012, 02:12 PM

I guess that's where we disagree, see IMO there is not pieces of a title, there is title, or no title. Not to discount our coaches and players effort, but by losing to k state, they didn't earn it unless we win out and k state loses next week, in which case we earned it and can claim it. I think tying for championships went out the window with allowing tied games...

SoonerInHSV
11/19/2012, 02:33 PM
The question here is who does the Big 12 recognize as the champion. It appears that they call both teams co champions but then use a tie breaker rule to decide who gets the automatic BCS bid. If the title is awarded by the conference then you claim it.

SoonerAtKU
11/19/2012, 02:35 PM
The only one I ever had a real problem with was the Big XII South or North co-champs. That one was REALLY meaningless, since there was a championship game afterwards and you either go or you don't. I think Texas and A&M put up signs for a couple of those...

FirstandGoal
11/19/2012, 03:36 PM
i hate getting Baylored :(

Its a very bad feeling..... :distress: