PDA

View Full Version : look people...

colleyvillesooner
11/18/2012, 10:46 AM
Last nights game was what it was. We won and put ourselves in place to win the big 12 with one more KSU Loss.

We aren't going to MNC, people. Last night was a high scoring, fun game that we won when our QB put the team on his back TWICE and won the game.

And don't give me the "if we play like that we'll get killed by OSU" crap. we won't. It's Aggie. In Norman. You do the math.

jk the sooner fan
11/18/2012, 10:53 AM
unless Tayvon Austin plays for aggie, i'm not worried about that part of the game

if this team can't "get up" for this Bedlam game after last years - then it's all on the players

yermom
11/18/2012, 10:54 AM
i'm really surprised they went so heavy with that defensive scheme after Baylor played us relatively close against it

hopefully being that close will mix in some more balance

jk the sooner fan
11/18/2012, 10:55 AM
i thought that was more of a speed thing than scheme

it's difficult to scheme against a team that has skill players that are clearly faster than your defenders

am i wrong in that analysis?

thecrimsoncrusader
11/18/2012, 10:58 AM
OU would have given up 60+ if Venables was around, so I am thankful for the win.

cleller
11/18/2012, 11:02 AM
We've laid so good groundwork for other teams to learn from. However, I believe the Stoops boys will find time this week to make some alterations to get us on a more solid D.

However, do you think "if we play like that we'll get killed by OSU"?

kevpks
11/18/2012, 11:04 AM
OU would have given up 60+ if Venables was around, so I am thankful for the win.

I agree. We actually did have some big stops (the 4th down, the 2 point conversion, that time we made them punt). This defense has some deficiencies but we're not playing anyone else who can exploit them to that degree.

yermom
11/18/2012, 11:16 AM

it's difficult to scheme against a team that has skill players that are clearly faster than your defenders

in those 0 LB sets, there was no one in the middle, or deep most of the time. once he'd get by the LOS, there were only guys that had to then run and catch him from behind a lot of the time instead of being in front of him

they didn't seem to run him near as much when Wort and Nelson were in the game

it seemed like even lining up some of those DBs in the middle to clog the running lanes would have helped out

if Smith would have called his own number a few of those times and given himself another blocker it would have been even worse. he just embarrassed the DB that blitzed on the back side the one time he did run. if he did that more on some of those 3rd and longs they were in, we love to give those up. i couldn't believe in the post game interview when Skullet said he took those plays out for us because we clog the running lanes and he didn't think it would be effective

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2012, 11:33 AM

No you are not; Tayvon Austin made our entire defense look pathetically slow