PDA

View Full Version : How to keep WVU in the game...

8timechamps
11/18/2012, 12:02 AM
You run a 4-0-7 man-to-man defense all night.

I'm a little (or a lot) surprised that Mike didn't make an attempt to go zone, or even 4-2 at some point in the game. It couldn't have done any worse. Still, I really don't care as we won the game, and we know what we have at this point in the year. Clearly this team has the balls (ability) to overcome defensive lapses when needed. I really cannot fault the players at all in this one, they played the scheme they were given. Hell, even Colvin (who was on an island the entire night) contested most every throw that came his way.

Also, whether you love him or hate him, Landry led the team to the win. He had one big mistake, but I can look way past that since the kid threw for 500+ yards, 5 TDs and engineered the game winning drive. You can preach to me how bad WVU defense is til you're blue in the face, but he still did all of the aforementioned things.

This was one of those games that you just hope your team can leave town with a win. And they did that...so, I'm happy.

OkieThunderLion
11/18/2012, 12:05 AM
They mixed the defense up some in the 1st half. Especially when Buie was at RB. Even played a little half man/zone.

But them treating Austin as a 5 WR all night long was mind-boggling.

8timechamps
11/18/2012, 12:06 AM
They mixed the defense up some in the 1st half. Especially when Buie was at RB. Even played a little half man/zone.

But them treating Austin as a 5 WR all night long was mind-boggling.

I didn't even notice. I knew we held their other RBs in check most of the night, but when Austin got the ball, it was almost a guaranteed 20+ yards.

cleller
11/18/2012, 12:06 AM
I'd like to see ND play WVU. In Morgantown. They are not the same elsewhere. The def ND played on us was nothing fancy, just effective.