PDA

View Full Version : last timeout ?

CRASH 02
11/17/2012, 11:15 PM
On OUr last offensive play why not let the clock run down to 3 seconds or so since its a 4th down play?

ouradu
11/17/2012, 11:18 PM
you'd have been pretty upset had we run it down and then picked up the first down instead of scoring.

BoulderSooner79
11/17/2012, 11:20 PM
you'd have been pretty upset had we run it down and then picked up the first down instead of scoring.

Xactly. And that slant pass hit right at the goal line and could have been stopped, but it was a 1st down regardless.

CRASH 02
11/17/2012, 11:21 PM
Your right. I wasn't even thinking about getting the first down. I just figured we were going for it all

FirstandGoal
11/18/2012, 01:19 AM
Okay, so don't run it down to 3 seconds, but why not run it down to about 10-12 seconds? That's still enough time to go and spike the ball if you get a first down and then run another play or two. Honestly, giving them the ball back with 24 seconds made my BP skyrocket. Surely they could have let at least another 10 seconds roll off before calling the TO.

BoulderSooner79
11/18/2012, 01:31 AM
Okay, so don't run it down to 3 seconds, but why not run it down to about 10-12 seconds? That's still enough time to go and spike the ball if you get a first down and then run another play or two. Honestly, giving them the ball back with 24 seconds made my BP skyrocket. Surely they could have let at least another 10 seconds roll off before calling the TO.

Because the effect on your BP was not a consideration. Once those seconds are gone, you can't get them back if you need them. The coaches don't have time calculate 4 plays ahead with the clock ticking and a 4th and 1 looming.

nighttrain12
11/18/2012, 01:46 AM
We were trailing and HAD to score a TD. Scoring that TD and getting the game clock under 30 seconds was an amazing thing. If W.Va. still came back in the last 24 seconds and won the game, might as well tell both of the Stoops Bros. not to even get on the plane and find their own way back while we box up their stuff at the office and ship it to their houses.

VA Sooner
11/18/2012, 02:01 AM
Wow... my chest still hurts from the game and Stills and Landry were money on that last drive.

BlownGP
11/18/2012, 02:01 AM

You know I didn't even think about that. The 1st down marker was on the 1 right?

Guess it does make a little more sense, but I was still scared to death with them having 24 seconds left. Seemed like they could score twice in that time.lol

mainline13
11/18/2012, 11:23 AM

Perhaps the audible was called to exploit a defender being out of position. Kind of need to pull the trigger in such a case.