jk the sooner fan
11/17/2012, 09:44 PM
that Trayvon Austin kid is a player - lordy

SoonerDomiNation
11/17/2012, 09:46 PM
Yes he is

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 09:47 PM
Smith is a pretty good QB. He's got a great arm and when he has time to look checkoff...he will find an open man.

SoonerDomiNation
11/17/2012, 09:50 PM
This may end up being a 90-91 type of game.............man o mannnnnnnnn

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2012, 09:54 PM
smith isnt quite the world beater everybody thought he was in September

JLEW1818
11/17/2012, 09:54 PM
120th ranked pass D.

Yes that is dead last.

agoo758
11/17/2012, 09:58 PM
We've had this conversation before. Apologists point out that the big games against mediocre to bad defenses as evidence that landry has turned the corner, only for him to choke up play terriblly in close games later on.

And yeah. what JLEW said. This WV defense is horrible.

SCOUT
11/17/2012, 10:00 PM
That pass he just threw, with little pressure, where he overthrew on 3rd and 10 was pretty cool.

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2012, 10:09 PM
bad defense or not - he is putting the ball on the money - for a lot of yards and a handful of touchdowns

he could throw a post route to Jesus and you people would find fault with it

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 10:09 PM
We've had this conversation before. Apologists point out that the big games against mediocre to bad defenses as evidence that landry has turned the corner, only for him to choke up play terriblly in close games later on.

And yeah. what JLEW said. This WV defense is horrible.

This isn't the Obamafest Forum. Apologists....lol

Another Football PC term.

SCOUT
11/17/2012, 10:13 PM
bad defense or not - he is putting the ball on the money - for a lot of yards and a handful of touchdowns

he could throw a post route to Jesus and you people would find fault with it

You were saying?

jk the sooner fan
he threw an interception? college quarterbacks do that you know

agoo758
This isn't the Obamafest Forum. Apologists....lol

Another Football PC term.

Well, that's what you are stupid. And he just gave away this drive with a horrible pass and put this game in jeopordy. FFS, please stop calling him flawless.

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 10:14 PM
Awful throw by Landry to Stills.

BTW...looking on the brightside that it was INTd at the WVU 3...I'm sure that will be deemed an apology....

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 10:14 PM
Well, that's what you are stupid. And he just gave away this drive with a horrible pass and put this game in jeopordy. FFS, please stop calling him flawless.

Go **** yourself

I have never called him flawless....you dumb****.

Quit crarmming your head up LJ's a$$. He's a decent QB.

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2012, 10:15 PM
he put the game in jeopardy?

are you serious?

is he playing defense too? how many tackles has he missed on Austin????

SCOUT
Top tier Senior Quarterbacks do not make that throw. Period.

jk the sooner fan
dumb

just dumb

Petro-Sooner
11/17/2012, 10:18 PM
Landry can kiss my ***.

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 10:20 PM

are you serious?

Thank you.

It seems the beer is flowing...

http://www.liquorsnob.com/assets_c/2011/01/beer-goggles-thumb-450x352-28387.jpg

JLEW1818
11/17/2012, 10:21 PM
Nice 7 point swing Landry. We know Landry could care less though.

agoo758
11/17/2012, 10:21 PM
Btw, no in here hates Landry. He's a nice guy. But there are plenty of nice guys who have no business being behind center. Jones is in that category, and all the garbage touchdowns against Kansas isn't going to change my mind about that.

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 10:22 PM
Btw, no in here hates Landry. He's a nice guy. But there are plenty of nice guys who have no business being behind center. Jones is in that category, and all the garbage touchdowns against Kansas isn't going to change my mind about that.

There isn't one guy standing on the OU Sidelines better.

Going back to KU to make your point is just asinine. We all know that we had to play Baylor vlose last week to win and that was at Home. The Big XII is tough. WVU is a decent Team. This is a close game on the Road and they are playing us for some respect as a newcomer to our Conference.

Reality is a bitch.

agoo758
11/17/2012, 10:23 PM

Yes he did, we were driving, and he made an atrocious pass that he didn't have to make to give WV life.

And yes, our defense is horrible, and youre free to post a "you defense haters" thread if you want to hear me go off on that.

SCOUT
11/17/2012, 10:23 PM
There isn't one guy standing on the OU Sidelines better.

I believe this to be true. However, I wonder how much more palatable stupid decisions would be if it were a young QB learning the ropes instead of a VERY seasoned veteran.

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 10:33 PM
I believe this to be true. However, I wonder how much more palatable stupid decisions would be if it were a young QB learning the ropes instead of a VERY seasoned veteran.

Wonder all you want but seriously...unless LJ gets hurt, Bob isn't going to pull him when he took a chance on this Team and came back for his Senior year. No Coach in Div. 1A would do that. Well....no sane Coach.

If we were getting killed by some Team like "The Game we shall not speak of"...then I might agree.

JLEW1818
11/17/2012, 10:37 PM
Lets see if Landry cares

TXBOOMER
11/17/2012, 10:43 PM
OU has a crap defense folks. LJ is less of a problem than the D.

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 10:45 PM
TOUCHDOWN

LANDRY

JONES !

SCOUT
11/17/2012, 10:48 PM
With plenty of time, he is one of the best. It's under pressure that he struggles. My complaint is that he hasn't improved since he first started.

delhalew
11/17/2012, 10:48 PM
Five years as starter. Just repeat that to yourself over and over again. Maybe then you'll be to busy to defend our bipolar all world yet simultanious cluster**** of a QB.

And yes I would like to see the defense tackle better, but that is another conversation.

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2012, 10:56 PM
if OU loses and you blame Landry - you're an idiot -and should be banned from the internet

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 11:07 PM
Landry Haters...

Eat Me.

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2012, 11:09 PM
where's the tylenol

olevetonahill
11/17/2012, 11:09 PM

Landry Nor Stills is the Prob, . this was all on the D tonight.

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 11:10 PM
where's the tylenol

You damn pill head. :wink:

olevetonahill
11/17/2012, 11:11 PM
where's the tylenol

**** that, I need a Xanax

SCOUT
11/17/2012, 11:15 PM
I am extremely happy that Landry hit that last throw. I wish nothing but the best for my team and for Landry as an individual. However, if Landry hadn't had his usual panic moments earlier in the game, there is no need for last second heroics.

Even still...Congratulations Sooners and Landry. You did what needed to be done to get the win.

BoulderSooner79
11/17/2012, 11:15 PM
Some of you be lookin' like fools.

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2012, 11:21 PM
**** that, I need a Xanax

no ****, and a defibrilator

jeebus my heart rate is still 100 times faster than it should be

PLaw
11/17/2012, 11:22 PM
Bottom line. LJ dug deep and pulled out some Sooner Magic dust. You over-criticizer, arm chair QB's need to put your asses back in the La-Z-Boy and STFU.

Boomer!

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2012, 11:22 PM
did our defense really give up 343 yards rushing to one player?

where's the bourbon?

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 11:25 PM
I am extremely happy that Landry hit that last throw. I wish nothing but the best for my team and for Landry as an individual. However, if Landry hadn't had his usual panic moments earlier in the game, there is no need for last second heroics.

Even still...Congratulations Sooners and Landry. You did what needed to be done to get the win.

I think you need to critique Geno Smith and how he couldn't hang half a Hundred on us? He had 2 INT's. Was 20-35 and 320 yards passing. LJ was 38-51 1 INT and passed for 554 yards. LJ had an incredible performance and acted like a Leader.

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 11:26 PM

where's the bourbon?

Yes they did.

olevetonahill
11/17/2012, 11:28 PM

If Our D hadnt shat the bed every series in the 2nd 1/2 we wouldnt a needed it either :chuncky:

instigator
11/17/2012, 11:28 PM
Landry scared me a few times but he definitely came up big. Same goes for for Stills who I have had my issues with.

olevetonahill
11/17/2012, 11:29 PM

where's the bourbon?

I think that Boy had 600 total all purpose yards er some crazy shat like that

olevetonahill
11/17/2012, 11:31 PM

where's the bourbon?

I think that Boy had 6 total all purpose yards er some crazy shat like that

delhalew
11/17/2012, 11:36 PM
Landry had six touchdowns and still managed to look inept for long stretches. I don't think I have ever seen a player be so good, and yet so completely unpredictable.. Truly amazing.

SCOUT
11/17/2012, 11:37 PM
I think you need to critique Geno Smith and how he couldn't hang half a Hundred on us? He had 2 INT's. Was 20-35 and 320 yards passing. LJ was 38-51 1 INT and passed for 554 yards. LJ had an incredible performance and acted like a Leader.

Uh, ok. I don't think Geno Smith played particularly well either. In fact, their Will Linebacker had several coverage gaps. Also, FEMA didn't deal with power line failures in the Northeast as effectively as they could have.

What is your point?

SCOUT
11/17/2012, 11:37 PM
If Our D hadnt shat the bed every series in the 2nd 1/2 we wouldnt a needed it either :chuncky:

No doubt about it.

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2012, 11:38 PM

congratulations on your fine post

Landry WAS the reason OU won - and had they not - you couldnt have placed a single ounce of blame on him - the friggin defense gave up over 500 all purpose yards and 343 rushing to ONE PLAYER

were you up getting beers when we were on defense?

SCOUT
11/17/2012, 11:40 PM

Landry WAS the reason OU won - and had they not - you couldnt have placed a single ounce of blame on him - the friggin defense gave up over 500 all purpose yards and 343 rushing to ONE PLAYER

I am confused by your contention that failure must lie with a single entity. Why is that? Yes, the defense sucked. If you want to start a thread about that, I will be happy to contribute to it.

Landry had good stats against the worst pass defense in college football. He also had several plays that were very poor.

MyT Oklahoma
11/17/2012, 11:42 PM
I vote that we just shoot our defense and declare victory. But then that's just me.

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2012, 11:44 PM
I am confused by your contention that failure must lie with a single entity. Why is that? Yes, the defense sucked. If you want to start a thread about that, I will be happy to contribute to it.

Landry had good stats against the worst pass defense in college football. He also had several plays that were very poor.

in a typical game, yes you could spread the blame around

but when one player single handedly runs roughshod over your defense - for the tune of 343 rushing and nearly 600 total yards.....while your quarterback is setting his own school record with 550 yards passing and 6 td's - i just dont see how anybody with a brain could blame Landry

you dont like the kid so he can't do wrong right - he puts up huge numbers, throws a winning TD pass - and yet you have to point out that he had "several poor plays"

unbelievable really - but predictable

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2012, 11:47 PM
some of you have expectations for these kids that are simply out of touch with reality

you've either never played the game or learned it on xbox

i'm not saying Jones is perfect....i dont know of a QB that is....he's just FAR from the bum many of you believe him to be

he's going to leave the school with a butt load of records and half of you think he's worthless

BoulderSooner79
11/17/2012, 11:50 PM

When a team passes 50+ times a game, I guarantee a QB will have a few poor ones in there. That's called statistics.

I've also seen games where QBs play like cr*p the entire game, but put it together for 1 winning drive at the end. They call them "heroes" or "clutch". LJ was good the entire game *and* lead the winning drive. And throw in the fact it was won on a 4th down pass and you might have player of the week. I've been waiting for one of Bob's teams to win one like this. Where they have to come up with a stop or a scoring drive with time running out to win it. We sure as heck were not going to get a stop, so I'll take a winning drive. Congrats team, and thank-you LJ.

tulsaoilerfan
11/17/2012, 11:51 PM
If anyone should be blamed it's Heupel; if he had thrown 60 times tonight Landry could have had 700 yards and we win easily no matter how crappy the defense played

SCOUT
11/17/2012, 11:51 PM
some of you have expectations for these kids that are simply out of touch with reality

you've either never played the game or learned it on xbox

i'm not saying Jones is perfect....i dont know of a QB that is....he's just FAR from the bum many of you believe him to be

he's going to leave the school with a butt load of records and half of you think he's worthless
I have said on many occasions how much I respect Landry, particularly as a person. However, he is a statistical quarterback who hasn't progressed. Reread my posts and you will see that I have never called him a bum. I did however point out that he has not developed as a quarterback. Either you are ignoring that or you don't understand the position.

Did he not have several plays tonight that were subpar? Wouldn't points have been better than the stupid interception?

I could explain the statistical reasons for his records but I would be castigated for hating him. Better you leave it alone.

tulsaoilerfan
11/17/2012, 11:52 PM
Landry had maybe 3 bad throws tonight, if that

jk the sooner fan
i just read a tweet by Kenny Mossman that said Heupel says Jones called an audible on that slant pass to Stills

BoulderSooner79
I vote that we just shoot our defense and declare victory. But then that's just me.

I vote we just acknowledge victory.

SCOUT
OK, he is the best ever.

Seamus
11/17/2012, 11:54 PM

This.

Anyone bagging on Landry for anything from this game is a complete San Fernando Valley jobsite dildo that needs to have the crabs and stupid bleached off him.

Landry ****ing Jones. That was a great performance. Clutch. CLUTCH. Fantastic effort by that young man when his defensive teammates didn't bring their A, B, C or D game (hell, and maybe not even their F-plus game).

BoulderSooner79
11/17/2012, 11:54 PM
i just read a tweet by Kenny Mossman that said Heupel says Jones called an audible on that slant pass to Stills

That's great! Two experienced guys making an adjustment with everything on the line and executing.

Seamus
11/17/2012, 11:58 PM
However, if Landry hadn't had his usual panic moments earlier in the game, there is no need for last second heroics.

Yes, I was disappointed when Landry panicked while trying to tackle Tayvon Austin and cover Stedman Bailey. He should really keep his cool when he's playing defense.

StoopTroup
11/17/2012, 11:58 PM

I'd be glad to have a Thread about his mistakes but we all know that so many OU Fans have wanted LJ to not only be replaced but many seem to think we would have been better off putting a Young Promising QB in when if kSu loses to the whorns...we would win the Big XII Championship if we win out and Bob will have helped LJ up his stock as he Graduates and heads to the NFL Draft. The NFL Draft is every QB's dream and to think our Coach would give up on the best QB we have during his Senior year....it would be disastrous for recruiting. LJ's numbers are going to be tough to beat and are a thing of Historical Precedence for Sooner Football. He is one of Bob and Josh's success stories as far as QBs go. LJ has stayed healthy and able to start since coming to OU. He's an incredible kid. He's no Touchdown Jesus and I'm glad about that as I think he's been a pretty good sport considering how many OU Fans seem to think he's the worst thing to ever happen to OU Football. It's pretty sickening from my stand point.

I realize you maybe didn't say some of these things but others have and that's why I continue to support him. I did support Nate Hybl too as without him...we probably don't bring Home a Rose Bowl Trophy which we have never had the chance to even play in till the BCS. It was a huge moment for our Coaching Staff and maybe even a bit more than many OU Fans. I like to think that our Coaching Staff is as compassionate and that they understand just how ravenous OU Fans are about winning a MNC again. It's why I think winning a Rose Bowl Trophy was important as it helps us if they also fulfill their personal goals as Coaches. It also helps us if our 5th year Senior fulfills his personal goals.

colleyvillesooner
11/17/2012, 11:59 PM
Landry just said it on the post game. Saw the DB playing off and hand checked to a slant. Awesome.

FaninAma
11/18/2012, 12:00 AM
I haven't been a big Landry fan but I became one tonite. WV put everything they had into that game trying to salvage a disappointing season. Mike Stoops put in a horrible, horrible game plan and we still pulled it out mainly because of Landry and the offense.

And they did it in a very hostile environment.

You could tell how important this game was to WV by how beserk Holgerson was acting.

picasso
11/18/2012, 12:00 AM
JK, dude, never post something like this during the game. You nearly jinxed him.

tulsaoilerfan
11/18/2012, 12:02 AM
Ive never been a huge Landry fan, but the kid was fantastic tonight and i don't give a crap how bad the WVU pass defense is; he was put in bad situations many times by Heupel's insistence on forcing the run; how many 2nd and longs and 3rd and longs did he overcome tonight? Not to mention our usual meerkat let's wait till the play clock is under 5 to call the play offense? Our offensive coordinator was pretty bad tonight

StoopTroup
11/18/2012, 12:02 AM
OK, he is the best ever.

If that's what all this is over is the fear that someone will build a monument of Landry...I just really think his Stats and winning percentage and the number of INTs etc...are the monument. For LJ...I'd bet that would also be enough. He's one of the humblest OU Players I've ever met.

cleller
11/18/2012, 12:03 AM
Landry just said it on the post game. Saw the DB playing off and hand checked to a slant. Awesome.

Ditto, I'm sure a fade was called, and expected, its the go-to. Landry spots the gap between Stills and the DB and commits to it, gets the win.

Great job.

Okie35
11/18/2012, 12:05 AM
Landry had maybe 3 bad throws tonight, if that

Basically and besides the OK State game last year and the Nebraska game in Lincoln... Landry has a great ability to put bad plays behind him.

Okie35
11/18/2012, 12:06 AM
I haven't been a big Landry fan but I became one tonite. WV put everything they had into that game trying to salvage a disappointing season. Mike Stoops put in a horrible, horrible game plan and we still pulled it out mainly because of Landry and the offense.

And they did it in a very hostile environment.

You could tell how important this game was to WV by how beserk Holgerson was acting.

Also WVU was finally healthy. The past few games they've lost they didn't have a healthy roster. It was an impressive win.