PDA

View Full Version : Business people...and obamacare

Soonerjeepman
11/17/2012, 01:59 PM
Ok,
I'm in education, elementary. I have read the reports of what obamacare is going to do. I just talked to a guy today from my son's scout troop (we unloaded 650 trees for the lot). He has an ad agency here in KC. He put it this way, they have 5 top clients, obamacare will cost him the income the #2 client brings to the company, so in essence he said they have to find another #2 client (rev brought in) to pay for it.

Guess, is this obama's way of "sharing the wealth"? Basically companies can either try to bring in more income, cut hours/employees to get around the requirements, or just realize they will not have the same level of net income because they have to pay for obamacare.

So those folks that own business or are in business that will be effected, share your knowledge. Obviously most on here think it's a bad thing, some believe it's great. I want to know the nuts and bolts of how it will effect you.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/17/2012, 02:27 PM
Ok,
I'm in education, elementary. I have read the reports of what obamacare is going to do. I just talked to a guy today from my son's scout troop (we unloaded 650 trees for the lot). He has an ad agency here in KC. He put it this way, they have 5 top clients, obamacare will cost him the income the #2 client brings to the company, so in essence he said they have to find another #2 client (rev brought in) to pay for it.

Guess, is this obama's way of "sharing the wealth"? Basically companies can either try to bring in more income, cut hours/employees to get around the requirements, or just realize they will not have the same level of net income because they have to pay for obamacare.

So those folks that own business or are in business that will be effected, share your knowledge. Obviously most on here think it's a bad thing, some believe it's great. I want to know the nuts and bolts of how it will effect you.

In Kansas, what percent of health insurance coverage do teachers pay for themselves and what percent for their families, and what percent for each is paid by the taxpayers?

Soonerjeepman
11/17/2012, 04:21 PM
In Kansas, what percent of health insurance coverage do teachers pay for themselves and what percent for their families, and what percent for each is paid by the taxpayers?

not sure of your point? I'm getting a "free ride" from the taxpayers? I don't complain about my salary. I got a 1 time $100 stipend this yr. is what it is. Not complaining about my insurance, I'm trying to understand the effect on businesses who are cutting hours, employees because of the aca, according to them.

I pay for my kids eye/dental about $95 a month. I pay separate policies under BCBS for both kids, about $250 a month for both. My insurance is covered by the district...divorced so I don't do family coverage, cheaper the way I do it now. I know if I had the district's insurance for me and the kids it would be about $600 out a pocket a month. Family is $900 out of pocket a month.

Not sure about % question,

SanJoaquinSooner
11/17/2012, 04:45 PM
Are the employees of the ad agency presently not receiving health insurance benefits?

Soonerjeepman
11/18/2012, 03:46 PM
not sure, we were unloading Christmas trees, I'll need to ask him. How is your company..?...going to handle it?