PDA

View Full Version : Irony, thy name is Bill-O

prrriiide
11/16/2012, 12:57 PM
Not photoshopped. Swear to God.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2012/11/15/23/enhanced-buzz-20036-1353041098-1.jpg

Video (check 3:45)

http://youtu.be/eQGr-_j1VZ8

SicEmBaylor
11/16/2012, 01:11 PM
I wouldn't call him an ideologue. He isn't consistent enough for that.

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2012, 01:21 PM
Are his ratings down or something? I would think he would say "this is a good situation that is getting better."

KantoSooner
11/16/2012, 01:23 PM
Wow. That he could do that with a straight face speaks very well of his acting ability.

StoopTroup
11/16/2012, 01:25 PM
His mouth kind of looks like s Sphincter in that photo.

TUSooner
11/16/2012, 01:28 PM
I'm shocked!

BTW, "irony" is a kind way of putting it.

Midtowner
11/16/2012, 01:29 PM
Wow. That he could do that with a straight face speaks very well of his acting ability.

If you watch the segment, he's got a legitimate point. The L.A. Times, which most think of as being a pretty legitimate paper made statements that he was "lamenting" the election results and was upset, etc. Watching the clips, I didn't see lamentation, just matter-of-fact analysis. The L.A. Times was out of line here, but from there, other reporters made assumptions and assumptions were made off of those assumptions and suddenly we have the actor Leguizamo or whatever his name is talking about Bill O'Reilly being in favor of white power.

It's kind of like what happens on The Blaze every single day.

TUSooner
11/16/2012, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't call him an ideologue. He isn't consistent enough for that.

And the simplistic party line he and Fox shill for does necessarily rise to the level of "ideology."

TUSooner
11/16/2012, 01:32 PM
If you watch the segment, he's got a legitimate point. The L.A. Times, which most think of as being a pretty legitimate paper made statements that he was "lamenting" the election results and was upset, etc. Watching the clips, I didn't see lamentation, just matter-of-fact analysis. The L.A. Times was out of line here, but from there, other reporters made assumptions and assumptions were made off of those assumptions and suddenly we have the actor Leguizamo or whatever his name is talking about Bill O'Reilly being in favor of white power.

Well, there's that too. Equally shocking.

Midtowner
11/16/2012, 01:39 PM
Well, there's that too. Equally shocking.

That Bill O has a point? I know.

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2012, 02:01 PM

The irony doesn't stem from whether he has a point or not.

KantoSooner
11/16/2012, 02:18 PM
No. The part I found impressive was that he could criticize other 'media' outlets for bias...at the same time he is working for/broadcasting on a network that was expressly created to be a political platform and is headed by a political campaign operative to boot. I don't defend the others. Fox seems to be the doppleganger of MSNBC. CNN panders to the populists. NBC/ABC/CBS seem to do the left of center NYC/DC/LA/SFO echo chamber. (Repreated three times = truth.) NPR actually comes off pretty well by comparison, if only because they have so little budget to do much more than read what's coming across the wire services. That and off market investigative stuff. The BBC used to be better than it is today, but can at least give you a slightly calmed down version of what Euro-weenies are thinking. Skynews? Just tune into top of the hour Fox. They're owned by the same guy anyway. You used to be able to get Sydney Channel 9 and it was worth it, if only because they wouldn't put ANYONE on camera except for this blond chick who was known as 'The Ice Princess'. Hell, she's probably married to an investment banker by now.

They're all biased as hell, but it's never been different. Walter Cronkite took the Tet Offensive, by any measure a crushing defeat for the NVA and pitched it to the American people as a defeat for ..... us.

There really have never been honest journalists.

TUSooner
11/16/2012, 02:47 PM
That Bill O has a point? I know.

It's still painfully hypocritical of him -- or any Fox/ Murdock people -- to criticize media partiality.

C&CDean
11/16/2012, 03:56 PM
I didn't watch it, but I find it funny that all the resident lefties are so up and chipper these days.

Shallow victories and all...

LiveLaughLove
11/16/2012, 05:35 PM
And the simplistic party line he and Fox shill for does necessarily rise to the level of "ideology."

And the irony continues.

LiveLaughLove
11/16/2012, 05:35 PM
Double post. Sorry.

Turd_Ferguson
11/16/2012, 05:43 PM
Double post. Sorry.Don't be. The lib circle jerk in the majority of these post above yours distracts from your dp.

prrriiide
11/16/2012, 06:52 PM
The difference is that lefty MSNBC viewers are smart enough to know that they're watching propaganda.

Turd_Ferguson
11/16/2012, 06:55 PM
The difference is that lefty MSNBC viewers are smart enough to know that they're watching propaganda.You're a piece of ****'n work I tell ya...

C&CDean
11/16/2012, 06:59 PM
The difference is that lefty MSNBC viewers are smart enough to know that they're watching propaganda.

This right here is gold people. I'll bet he even typed it with a straight face while watching whoever the **** the dillweeds watch on that horse**** channel. Man, this country is ****ed.

SicEmBaylor
11/16/2012, 07:02 PM
This is a lie. My grandmother, who happens to be a communist, is devoted to MSNBC and truly believes it's the most "middle of the road" of the three cable news outlets.

FaninAma
11/16/2012, 07:33 PM
I didn't watch it, but I find it funny that all the resident lefties are so up and chipper these days.

Shallow victories and all...
I was going to comment but couldn't find any towels or a rubber suit to wade into the middle of this thread.

TUSooner
11/16/2012, 08:26 PM
Double post. Sorry.

You should have been sorry for the first one!

C&CDean
11/16/2012, 09:23 PM
You should have been sorry for the first one!

Kevin, my friend, you're so much better than that.

TUSooner
11/16/2012, 09:28 PM
Kevin, my friend, you're so much better than that.

did I really have to put a smilie after that?

C&CDean
11/16/2012, 09:40 PM
did I really have to put a smilie after that?

Only if you were kidding.

soonercruiser
11/16/2012, 10:08 PM
It's still painfully hypocritical of him -- or any Fox/ Murdock people -- to criticize media partiality.

As it is for a brainless minions of the Left to criticize any conservative.
But, you lefties do it so well!
Are you guys getting that "tingly feeling running down your" hands by now?
:neglected:

SoonerInFortSmith
11/17/2012, 04:33 AM
This is a lie. My grandmother, who happens to be a communist...

I am shocked!

I keed, I keed.

prrriiide
11/17/2012, 10:42 AM
You're a piece of ****'n work I tell ya...

This right here is gold people. I'll bet he even typed it with a straight face while watching whoever the **** the dillweeds watch on that horse**** channel. Man, this country is ****ed.

You guys are so easy. http://cdn.landthieves.com/board/images/smilies/smilie_trollface.png

FaninAma
11/17/2012, 11:07 AM
His mouth kind of looks like s Sphincter in that photo.

It is interesting that you would have an observation like that.