PDA

View Full Version : Westboro to picket Baylor vs Kansas State

SOONERnTx
11/15/2012, 08:29 PM
From the Westboro baptist church website:

Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco, TX November 17, 2012 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
america puts more value in their sports teams than they do in God! WBC will protest the Kansas State vs. Baylor football game. K-State is currently the number one college football team in the nation. Her fans can spout more statistics and facts about the team than they could even begin to tell you about the Bible. Her fans know how to travel. No doubt there will be a sea of purple wearing, drunk fans in Waco. So if they know how to study a thing and they know how to travel and make a statement, why are these thousands of people from the so-called Bible Belt, conservative, God-fearing Midwest so incredibly Bible ignorant and iniquitous?

Jer 5:31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

Ex 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Baylor is supposedly a Baptist university. Yet, they invite fag loving Anglican Desmond Tutu to speak on campus. Why isn't this Baptist university teaching its' students the Word of God? There's nothing from them regarding the rapid decline of this nation: no words on fags or fag marriage, divorce and remarriage, fornication, abortion, etc. Why? Because if they mentioned it the money would dry up and the university would cease to exist. Baylor is no more baptist and no more christian than their bear mascots. God hates K-State & God hates Baylor and we'll be there to remind you of it!

News link:
http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Westboro-Baptist-Church-Members-To-Picket-Baylor-Kansas-State-Game-179556641.html?site=full

Not sure what to think about these people.

SoonerMarkVA
11/15/2012, 08:48 PM
I'm pretty sure what to think about these people. They are vile. I hope lots of the crowd brings squirt guns full of beer to greet them.

olevetonahill
11/15/2012, 08:54 PM
i know WHAT to think of em
They all ****in Looney Tunes
Thats all folks

Seamus
11/15/2012, 09:09 PM
I have a pretty good idea what to think about these ... umm ... people.

Seamus
11/15/2012, 09:10 PM
Damn, got distracted and came back to post. Everyone posted the same thing. lol

FirstandGoal
11/15/2012, 09:20 PM
Well I hope Sic'em treats them all to a round of Zima.

rock on sooner
11/15/2012, 09:21 PM
Ima thinkin 22 cal birdshot at 50 paces, enuf to hurt but not fatal.
This issue of free speech simply sux, jus like burnin the flag.

SOONERnTx
11/15/2012, 09:30 PM
I agree with the fact that they are sick people. I just don't know what to think about the fact are they really crazy or are they just out to make money. Why would they do the things they do???

TanTanFeil
11/15/2012, 10:00 PM
Baptist church protesting a baptist school. GENIUS!!

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2012, 10:05 PM
I bet some of 'em are closet KSU fans.

olevetonahill
11/15/2012, 10:23 PM
I agree with the fact that they are sick people. I just don't know what to think about the fact are they really crazy or are they just out to make money. Why would they do the things they do???

They Tention Hos

VA Sooner
11/15/2012, 10:52 PM
A word to the wise... they like creating a ruckus to instigate a fight and then make their money by suing everyone in range... nothing better to do than create hellstorms where ever they go.

Recently came out to close our neck of the woods here... picketed and for some reason, every one of their tires were slashed and there was no one around to prove it. A friend of mine told me the rest of the story.... no one would sell them tires for miles around.... :-)

olevetonahill
11/15/2012, 10:55 PM
A word to the wise... they like creating a ruckus to instigate a fight and then make their money by suing everyone in range... nothing better to do than create hellstorms where ever they go.

Recently came out to close our neck of the woods here... picketed and for some reason, every one of their tires were slashed and there was no one around to prove it. A friend of mine told me the rest of the story.... no one would sell them tires for miles around.... :-)

That happened to em in McAlester a year er 2 ago
The Local Wally weird sold em some
Screw wally weird

Hot Rod
11/15/2012, 11:08 PM
Foosball is the devil!

StoopTroup
11/15/2012, 11:21 PM
I think they should take over Baylor. Might improve the place.

bluedogok
11/15/2012, 11:44 PM
Supposedly they are going to be in Austin to protest at the F1 race this weekend.

Jalopnik - This Is The Westboro Baptist Church’s Bizarro Reason For Protesting In Austin This Weekend (http://jalopnik.com/5960587/this-is-the-westboro-baptist-churchs-bizarro-reason-for-protesting-the-austin-f1-race)

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2012, 12:00 AM
What do these folks like?

OU_Sooners75
11/16/2012, 12:20 AM
Baptist church protesting a baptist school. GENIUS!!

I do believe the Baptist Convention has cut ties with that church.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I heard they have. (Prolly should see if I can google it)..lol

OU_Sooners75
11/16/2012, 12:22 AM

Way to go out on a limb and be pedantic!

SicEmBaylor
11/16/2012, 12:24 AM
Well, the thing about this is that Baylor is a private school. If they set one foot on Baylor's campus or Baylor owned property then BDPS can and likely will order them to leave. If they refuse, they'll be arrested for trespassing. There aren't many areas around the stadium where they can do this and be seen.

So **** them. **** them up their ****ing asses with a mother ****ing spork. Pieces of mother ****ing ****.

MyT Oklahoma
11/16/2012, 01:35 AM
I actually thought their "Baby Jayhawk is a fag." protest signs were kind of neat and nifty, in that is pretty much what I have always thought of KU. And then you wouldn't believe all of the daily telefaxes they used to send to everyone under the sun. Some of those were simply classic! My former Mother-in-law used to have a stack of them and they were always a constant source of entertainment.

And to think that it all started with their weekly protests at Gage Park in Topeka Kansas. Long story, no time to explain.

olevetonahill
11/16/2012, 05:59 AM
I actually thought their "Baby Jayhawk is a fag." protest signs were kind of neat and nifty, in that is pretty much what I have always thought of KU. And then you wouldn't believe all of the daily telefaxes they used to send to everyone under the sun. Some of those were simply classic! My former Mother-in-law used to have a stack of them and they were always a constant source of entertainment.

And to think that it all started with their weekly protests at Gage Park in Topeka Kansas. Long story, no time to explain.

Well someday, Please take the time and post it in the SO.

prrriiide
11/16/2012, 06:50 AM
Time to call this buncha loonies what they are: a cult. Mostly run by one charismatic leader with his family as subordinates, espousing fanatical and nonsensical beliefs, isolation (by not socializing with outsiders), labeling people that leave as flawed (or in this case damned). Westboro is a cult.

The hope is that they follow the example set by Jim Jones and Heaven's Gate.

picasso
11/16/2012, 08:15 AM
It's too bad they aren't allowed to picket next to the field, that way players can take side line shots at them.

Aries
11/16/2012, 08:24 AM
For the most part, even religious people who agree with their moral conclusions are appalled at their tactics... and by their claim that God "hates" anyone.

Sinyeah12
11/16/2012, 09:19 AM
I'm pretty sure what to think about these people. They are vile. I hope lots of the crowd brings squirt guns full of beer to greet them.

Why waste beer. Fill the squirt guns with urine.

badger
11/16/2012, 09:21 AM
It's a badge of honor for me that Westboro hates Oklahoma so much.

Backstory: They foolishly thought that McAlester would just let them waltz in outside a soldier's funeral, stomp on the American flag while singing about being thankful for dead soldiers and everyone going to hell, and then let them leave without trouble. Well, someone decided to slash their non-roadside tires (so that nobody would see them do it, heh) and then they got refused service by everyone in town, till they finally made it to a Walmart :D

Anyways, they've hated Oklahoma ever since. They even were planning to picket the OSU plane crash funeral (the OSU womens basketball coach, assistant and two others that died around this time last year), but a radio station owner stepped in and offered 5 minutes of free air time to Mr. Crazy himself to prevent this from happening.

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2012, 10:44 AM
The hope is that they follow the example set by Jim Jones and Heaven's Gate.

If we only had more cults like that...

... we'd have less cults like that.

C&CDean
11/16/2012, 10:58 AM

Dude, seriously. You like getting Sicempwned? You sure do set yourself up for it on a regular basis.

PrideMom
11/16/2012, 11:21 AM
Hatred is not a religion, and any "church" that promotes descrimination is not a Christian belief. Maybe they need to read about the compasion of Christ in the New Testament........

Scoregasm
11/16/2012, 11:46 AM
Release the Kraken!

C&CDean
11/16/2012, 12:03 PM
Hatred is not a religion, and any "church" that promotes descrimination is not a Christian belief. Maybe they need to read about the compasion of Christ in the New Testament........

Maybe they just need to move their HQ out to Death Valley. You know, so they can start to prepare for what's coming next in their miserable existences?

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2012, 12:16 PM
Maybe they just need to move their HQ out to Death Valley. You know, so they can start to prepare for what's coming next in their miserable existences?

Kansas ain't bad enough? ;);)

ouflak
11/16/2012, 01:02 PM
or are they just out to make money. Why would they do the things they do??? Out to make money. They try to provoke a reaction so they can sue. I suspect they are about as pious as your average lawyer.

TanTanFeil
11/16/2012, 01:51 PM
I do believe the Baptist Convention has cut ties with that church.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I heard they have. (Prolly should see if I can google it)..lol

Wouldn't surprise me if they did

PalmBeachSooner
11/16/2012, 01:53 PM
Well, the thing about this is that Baylor is a private school. If they set one foot on Baylor's campus or Baylor owned property then BDPS can and likely will order them to leave. If they refuse, they'll be arrested for trespassing. There aren't many areas around the stadium where they can do this and be seen.

So **** them. **** them up their ****ing asses with a mother ****ing spork. Pieces of mother ****ing ****.

What he said!

bluedogok
11/16/2012, 11:24 PM
What do these folks like?
ATTENTION...that is what they want since they are nothing but attention whores.

Out to make money. They try to provoke a reaction so they can sue. I suspect they are about as pious as your average lawyer.
Pretty much all of Fred Phelps kids are lawyers, they seek out confrontation in hopes of making money off of it. Pretty much the entire "church" is Phelps family members or their spouses. It is a family cult, not a church.

guzziguy
11/17/2012, 09:35 AM
ATTENTION...that is what they want since they are nothing but attention whores.

Pretty much all of Fred Phelps kids are lawyers, they seek out confrontation in hopes of making money off of it. Pretty much the entire "church" is Phelps family members or their spouses. It is a family cult, not a church.

You are exactly right. One misguided family of complete idiots. The best defense against them is to 1. ignore them and 2. make sure the opposite message to theirs is louder. I have ridden my bike on many Patriot Guard missions to counter their lunacy at military funerals. I will continue to do so as long as I can.

Ride with respect!

http://pgrok.com/

http://pgrok.com/pgrokhdr.gif.gif

olevetonahill
11/17/2012, 09:41 AM
Or just get a Bunch of Homeless vets together to go round stompin their asses every time they show up. What they gonna do Take the vets bridge an Card board box?

Flagstaffsooner
11/17/2012, 09:55 AM
I thank God every day that I am an Athiest.

SouthFortySooner
11/17/2012, 10:10 AM
I've said it before and will again. Not posturing, or hiding behind a internet personae. If my son had come home from Iraq or Ahfganistan in a box and they showed themselves in protest. There would have been horrible consequences. It will happen someday when someone grief stricken is pushed over the edge.

So, when I see their at it again I can't help but relate it to those horrible emotions of murder.

olevetonahill
11/17/2012, 10:22 AM
I thank God every day that I am an Athiest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWQ8w829tY

I Am Right
11/17/2012, 10:22 AM
Ignore

Seamus
11/17/2012, 12:29 PM

All right. The Baptists have laid down the gold standard for spewing filthy invective.

We need WBC to hit SMU, BYU and Notre Dame to see if the Methodists, Mormons or Catholics can do any better. Onward Christian Soldiers! :D

IronHorseSooner
11/17/2012, 01:01 PM
Out to make money. They try to provoke a reaction so they can sue. I suspect they are about as pious as your average lawyer.

Actually, Fred Phelps is a disbarred Kansas attorney for misappropriating client money...

badger
11/17/2012, 02:35 PM
I've said it before and will again. Not posturing, or hiding behind a internet personae. If my son had come home from Iraq or Ahfganistan in a box and they showed themselves in protest. There would have been horrible consequences. It will happen someday when someone grief stricken is pushed over the edge.

So, when I see their at it again I can't help but relate it to those horrible emotions of murder.

Families have been fortunate so far in that they have a lot of support from others when Westboro decides to descend on them.

- Most designated protest areas by the local authorities are far enough away that...
- Locals can hold flags, banners and signs in their way to block the family's view of Westboro, who while they are chanting/singing about f*gs and such...
- Are drowned out by motorcyclists (some vets, some just there to help) who continually rev their engines to drown out the Westboro folks.

Usually a combination of all three means that Westboro gives up the effort after a little while, which leads me to suspect that they are just doing it out of fear of being disowned and cast out away from their family by old man crazy himself (fred phelps, yes).

Sometimes, they don't make it to a site for whatever reason
- There have been reports where cars at local motels with Kansas plates are blocked in... and alas, the cars/trucks/semis owners just can't be found in time for them to get to the funeral.
- There have also been incidents of assault on Westboro, even the kids, unfortunately.
- And, sometimes an offer of some alternative hell raising is offered (radio time on a local station, for example)
- And sometimes, despite the press releases and the threats... they just don't show up

So, chin up. Even if they designate your (or your family member's) funeral for picketing, you might not even know they're there, or they might not show up at all.

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2012, 02:23 PM
Here are some pics of the Noble NoZe Brotherhood counter-protesting along with some other Baylor students. Some of these are pretty good:
http://www.kcentv.com/story/20128166/westboro-baptist-church-versus-baylor-students

http://i.imgur.com/LTskv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aJlnz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/clDVf.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A79FMS0CAAAT5EG.jpg
http://goo.gl/5lHrw

"God Hates Ags" is my favorite. :D

KantoSooner
11/19/2012, 02:37 PM
I just don't get the youth of today.

I'm sure many of you on here grew up in the 1970's. Can you imagine the righteous retribution that would have been wreaked on this group's compound by the local juvenile delinquint population back then? Good Lord, it would have been epic! Bare min would have been the parcel posts full of human excrement. And there would have been the termite infested logs nestled up against their houses. The odd grass fire...funny how those start seemingly from nowhere during hot summers. Perhaps, if they live at the bottom of a hill, flaming tires and/or derelict cars rolling downhill at horrific speeds. The strategic relocation of venemous animal lifeforms (snakes, black widow spiders, scorpions and the like). The simple positioning of dead fish and/or skunk carcasses just slightly upwind. Oh, the possibilities are nearly endless when you take the minds of 16 year old boys into account.

Where, I ask you, are the juvenile delinquints of Kansas today? It's a sad state of affairs.

badger
11/19/2012, 02:38 PM
ok, that ALMOST makes it OK that you guys ruined Old Man Snyder's likely last chance at a national title. ALMOST.

olevetonahill
11/19/2012, 02:49 PM
So Baylor ****ed up TWO old men from Kansas days huh?

FirstandGoal
11/19/2012, 03:47 PM
LOL, gotta love the "God hates Aggies" sign.

Comedy gold there!

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2012, 05:25 AM
http://i.imgur.com/USST9h.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/s1u09h.jpg

This one is awesome:
http://i.imgur.com/jsUEMh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1DDfHh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SRGdih.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Nl1sP.jpg

picasso
11/20/2012, 08:48 AM
Needed an Attention Whore sign.

Mississippi Sooner
11/20/2012, 08:53 AM
I gotta say, I like that approach. Just get in amongst them with a bunch of even more outrageous signs than they have. Pretty cool.

FirstandGoal
11/20/2012, 09:04 AM
I gotta say, I like that approach. Just get in amongst them with a bunch of even more outrageous signs than they have. Pretty cool.

Very, very cool. What can they do? The moment one of those yahoos tries to do something to you, then you can they their game right back at them.

bluedogok
11/20/2012, 09:40 AM
They were "at" the F1 race in Austin on Sunday, "at" meaning they weren't allowed anywhere close to the entry and had to setup about a half mile down the road where there was very little traffic. That is one pathetic family.

FirstandGoal
11/20/2012, 10:29 AM
Heh, next time somebody needs to bring in that famous Washington Flag that always at Gameday.

And while they're at it somebody else needs to bring a "Lee Corso is a penis" sign and stand amongst the protesters. It would be teh awesome!

badger
11/20/2012, 10:35 AM
They were "at" the F1 race in Austin on Sunday, "at" meaning they weren't allowed anywhere close to the entry and had to setup about a half mile down the road where there was very little traffic. That is one pathetic family.

yeah, i don't think they'd go over too well in front of a racing crowd... would probably worse than McAlester for them :eek:

I suspect that the Westboro folk are a little like what I've heard about some Jehovah's Witnesses --- that their older family members pressure them to bother others, but they really want to get away from your house as much as you want them to.

At least Jehovah's Witnesses only have to knock doors on Saturdays, not be subjected to holding f*g hate signs while trampling American flags. :(

goingoneight
11/20/2012, 01:00 PM
Why waste beer. Fill the squirt guns with urine.
If they provide me beer, I'll supply the urine for 'em.