PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid on Social Security

sappstuf
11/15/2012, 06:13 AM
Social Security is not part of the problem, That's one of the myths the Republicans have tried to create," he said. "Social Security is sound for the next many years. But we want to make sure that in the outer years people are protected also, but it's not going to be part of the budget talks, as far as I'm concerned

Meanwhile, in the real world from the CBO:

Annual expenditures from the fund are projected to be greater than noninterest income, rising from $635 billion in 2012 to $1.1 trillion in 2022. As a result, the annual cash flows of the OASI program, excluding interest credited to the trust fund, will add to federal deficits in every year of the coming decade, by amounts that will grow to more than $100 billion by 2021. With interest receipts included, the OASI trust fund will show a surplus in every year through 2021, but the size of that surplus will decline markedly over that period. By 2022, the trust fund is projected to show a deficit.

Meaning that Social Security is already in the red and the difference is being made up from the general fund and will be continuing into the future at larger and larger amounts.

Actually, I found a good article on factcheck.org about this. The Dems seem incabable of either understanding or telling the truth about SS.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/02/democrats-deny-social-securitys-red-ink/

I'm starting to think the Dems have this planned out pretty well. In about 15 years all this spending will crash the system. Medicare and SS will cease to exist as we know it and older people will start dying in droves. 75 to 100 million dead old people later and the system will be looking good. Think of it as a great leap forward past the debt all the while saying Repubs hate poor people. Since I am young enough that I should be able to make it through the great leap, I should be more supportive of the Dems.

diverdog
11/15/2012, 07:09 AM
Meanwhile, in the real world from the CBO:

Meaning that Social Security is already in the red and the difference is being made up from the general fund and will be continuing into the future at larger and larger amounts.

Actually, I found a good article on factcheck.org about this. The Dems seem incabable of either understanding or telling the truth about SS.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/02/democrats-deny-social-securitys-red-ink/

I'm starting to think the Dems have this planned out pretty well. In about 15 years all this spending will crash the system. Medicare and SS will cease to exist as we know it and older people will start dying in droves. 75 to 100 million dead old people later and the system will be looking good. Think of it as a great leap forward past the debt all the while saying Repubs hate poor people. Since I am young enough that I should be able to make it through the great leap, I should be more supportive of the Dems.

You do know that if those two crash you will also see your retirement crash as well.

Harry Beanbag
11/15/2012, 07:27 AM
First debate with Romney: "Social Security is structurally sound." ---Barack Hussein Obama

sappstuf
11/15/2012, 08:27 AM
You do know that if those two crash you will also see your retirement crash as well.

I'm a man! I'm almost 40!!

No comment on Harry and the rest with regards to SS?

SanJoaquinSooner
11/15/2012, 09:15 AM
... and older people will start dying

the problem is us fighting this notion.

olevetonahill
11/15/2012, 09:42 AM
the problem is us fighting this notion.

Back that wagon up there Boy, :grumpy:

SanJoaquinSooner
11/15/2012, 09:52 AM
Back that wagon up there Boy, :grumpy:

62 ain't old.

KantoSooner
11/15/2012, 09:53 AM
Harry Reid converted to a religion that believes a white salamander delivered magical golden tablets to a guy sleeping off a psilocybin binge in the woods. And that he'll be given his very own planet to run when he dies if he wears special underwear.

He converted to this 'faith' as an adult.

I think that says pretty much all we need to know about Harry's mental processes.

olevetonahill
11/15/2012, 09:54 AM
62 ain't old.

It aint far from it.:panda:

badger
11/15/2012, 09:55 AM

Ever read Animal Farm? Old people are the horse that worked harder and harder for years and when he finally couldn't work anymore due to injury, the pig in charge sent him off to the slaughterhouse for whiskey money. So much for the retirement that the horse was looking forward to, eh?

The most loving and lovable old people often say that they fear they will be a burden on others. In this era of greed and money lust, it isn't just us young leeches that long for their inheritances as soon as possible, nor is it Poke State (aka "OKLAST") hoping that they can cash in on their old alums "Gift of a Lifetime" as soon as they die... it's the government too. The sooner old people die, the sooner they don't have to support their high healthcare and caretaker costs.

But, us young folk can't get too complacent -- we're increasingly unhealthy ourselves, via obesity, drug addiction and, especially in Oklahoma, smoking. And, due to rising young unemployment and debt (college and otherwise), we are less able to care for ourselves than our parents and grandparents, who at least owned homes, if not also farms to yield crops and self-employed income.

So, take heed, unhealthy people of all ages --- the government is not going to take care of you.

olevetonahill
11/15/2012, 09:57 AM
Harry Reid converted to a religion that believes a white salamander delivered magical golden tablets to a guy sleeping off a psilocybin binge in the woods. And that he'll be given his very own planet to run when he dies if he wears special underwear.

He converted to this 'faith' as an adult.

I think that says pretty much all we need to know about Harry's mental processes.

Here he is in his special undies tryin to make a Convert
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Depends..+Lolololol_932092_4073666.jpg

KantoSooner
11/15/2012, 10:12 AM
Dam you, Vet. All I got was a leetle red X.

Now I'm all frustrated. I was all titillated to get a pic of Harry in his undies.

olevetonahill
11/15/2012, 10:20 AM
Dam you, Vet. All I got was a leetle red X.

Now I'm all frustrated. I was all titillated to get a pic of Harry in his undies.

Shows fer me Try it again

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Depends..+Lolololol_932092_4073666.jpg

olevetonahill
11/15/2012, 10:21 AM
If that dint werk fer ya ya just gonna have to invest in one of them Little Red X converter deals :welcoming:

KantoSooner
11/15/2012, 10:35 AM
I'll just have drinks with lunch and then squint real hard.

olevetonahill
11/15/2012, 10:37 AM
I'll just have drinks with lunch and then squint real hard.

:welcoming:

SoonerorLater
11/15/2012, 11:16 AM
I think the short explanation on this is Harry Reid is an idiot.

diverdog
11/15/2012, 11:34 AM
I'm a man! I'm almost 40!!

No comment on Harry and the rest with regards to SS?

We have to raise taxes and cut military and other benefits like welfare. It is not fair to people who pay into the system not to get their benefits. I am not leaching on society if I paid for my own benefits and want to get them.

SoonerorLater
11/15/2012, 11:54 AM
We have to raise taxes and cut military and other benefits like welfare. It is not fair to people who pay into the system not to get their benefits. I am not leaching on society if I paid for my own benefits and want to get them.

You didn't pay for your own benefits. You paid other people's benefits. This is how a Ponzi................err, I mean an Insurance program works.