PDA

View Full Version : What bowl game?

SoonerDomiNation
11/13/2012, 06:50 PM
What bowl game are we going to this year? I personally have no idea... what is espn saying or which do you think and who do you think were palying? As long as its a bcs im ok with which ever.

Dan Thompson
11/13/2012, 07:00 PM
Fiesta Bowl againist aTm, some are saying.

SoonerDomiNation
11/13/2012, 07:03 PM
That would fine n dandy with me.

SoonerDomiNation
11/13/2012, 07:09 PM
And whats up with this johnny football stuff?

BoulderSooner79
11/13/2012, 07:16 PM
We could finish anywhere from 7-5 up to 10-2. I'm guessing the final tally might factor into which bowl invite we get. Hint: 10-2 is the only one that snares a BCS bowl.

SoonerinSouthlake
11/13/2012, 07:20 PM
Doesnt 2nd in the B12 automatically go Cotton?

Mac94
11/14/2012, 09:56 AM
If KSU goes to the MNC game OU should have a good shot at the BCS. My favorite projection so far has been Rose Bowl vs the Huskers ... that would be a blast!

OUTrumpet
11/14/2012, 12:01 PM
Doesnt 2nd in the B12 automatically go Cotton?

No, Cotton just has 1st pick after the BCS. So normally, they pick 2nd. It doesn't require them to pick the 2nd place team though as they've done several times lately.

K-State finished 2nd last year.
ATM finished tied for first in the south division two years ago, and was selected over several higher ranked teams -- anywhere from 2nd to 6th depending on the tiebreakers.
Okie St finished third in 09.
Tech finished in either 3rd or 4th depending on how you look at the tiebreakers.
And in 07, Missouri was selected.

SoonerLaw09
11/14/2012, 12:32 PM
If KSU goes to the MNC game OU should have a good shot at the BCS. My favorite projection so far has been Rose Bowl vs the Huskers ... that would be a blast!

Won't happen. The Nose Bowl will take a Pac-12 also-ran before they take us. Traditional matchup and all that stuff. After everybody out there howled their lungs out when we played WSU several years ago, don't think they will let it be.

It would most likely be Nebraska-Stanford, putting us *Meh* in the Tostitos Bowl yet again.

Mac94
11/14/2012, 01:40 PM
The Nose Bowl will take a Pac-12 also-ran before they take us.

Would a three loss Pac-12 team be available for a BCS at large? The assumption here is that Oregon wins out which would give Stanford, Oregon St., UCLA and USC (winner will play in Pac-12 titke, loser gets another loss) so all of those teams will have 3 losses at a minimum. While the Rose may want a Pac-12 squad for tradition and all ... would one be available under the rules of the system if Oregon wins out?

If not and if Nebraska wins the Big-10 ... I've seen projections for OU or Notre Dame in the Rose.

badger
11/14/2012, 01:45 PM
If Satanford has a few more losses, I could see them being ineligible for the BCS (top 16 only, unless they are a major conference champion). But, just one more loss? Might not be enough.

If Oregano loses, they're going to the Rose or another BCS bowl, as either the Pac 12 champ (or Pac 12 at large, if their loss comes in the Pac 12 championship).

So, for Nebrasky vs OU in the Rose Bowl to happen (which would be cool, as both invaded the tradition-rich Rose Bowl as Big 12 teams in the early aughts, much to the chagrin of bowl traditionalists):

1- Nebraska needs to win the B1G.
2- OU needs to win out
3- Oregon needs to go to the national championship game by winning out
4- Stanford needs to lose twice

That's a lot of hoops to jump through, a lot of dominoes that need to fall, a lot of tired cliches that need to stop :(

SoonerLaw09
11/14/2012, 01:56 PM
BTW, I may not like the teams individually, but I think it's teh allsome that our ex-Big 12 brethren are tearing up other "power conferences". Which of us thought that Nebbish and aTm would be where there are now?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/14/2012, 02:17 PM
If KSU goes to the MNC game OU should have a good shot at the BCS. My favorite projection so far has been Rose Bowl vs the Huskers ... that would be a blast!That would be my second favorite scenario, right after playing for the NC. I have to believe that both the Fiesta and Rose would take domer over OU, though.

Phil
11/14/2012, 03:18 PM
One more thing must happen for us to go to the Rose Bowl - KSU must remain number one. That would give the Fiesta first pick of eligible teams, which they would likely use on Domer, thus freeing the Rose, with the second pick, to select us to face (hopefully) Nebbish. If Oregon jumps KSU, the Rose would get first pick, which they would likely use on Domer, and we would then end up in the desert again.

My personal opinion, assuming we win out, is that we go to the Rose if KSU ends up first, to the Fiesta if Oregon ends up first, and lord knows where (Cotton, probably) if Texas somehow were to beat KSU in the season finale. I'm really not wanting to see that, because it opens up the possibility of Texas going to a BCS game and us getting left out. That said, I don't see the Horns staying within three scores of KSU. But if they're gonna lose, they need to lose to Baylor (not gonna happen) and Texas so that we get the conference title outright.