PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson of Vikings cleared of resisting arrest charges

Scott D
11/13/2012, 03:38 PM
Not that it's a surprise considering the Houston PD's record.

Adrian Peterson has been cleared of resisting arrest charges Tuesday, the Minnesota Vikings running back's attorney, Rusty Hardin, confirmed to NFL.com and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Hardin told Ben Goessling of the St. Paul Pioneer Press that Peterson testified before a grand jury today, which found no probable cause for arrest. The case will be officially dismissed tomorrow.

Peterson was arrested in July at a Houston nightclub for allegedly pushing an officer and refusing to put his hands behind his back when asked. He spent the night in jail and was released after posting $1,000 bond.

Peterson appeared in court following the incident and said the he was "200 percent innocent" and that he didn't "push, shove, touch anyone that night, especially an officer."

agoo758
11/13/2012, 03:53 PM
I'm sure Skip Bayless will go on the air tomorrow and discuss how wrong his comments from several months ago were.

stoopified
11/13/2012, 05:58 PM
How could anyone believe Purple Jesus would do wrong? :)

Peeb
11/13/2012, 06:08 PM
My instinct was that he was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time. Apparently this was the case.

nighttrain12
11/13/2012, 06:24 PM
Not that it's a surprise considering the Houston PD's record.

It was more than likely dropped because the whole thing was no big deal at all and getting to spend a few hours in jail was AD's 'punishment'. Don't look for AD to file any civil suits against the Houston PD or club's owners as I am sure he is just glad this whole thing blew over.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/13/2012, 06:36 PM
HPD is full of a bunch of dick heads.... Lots of inferiority complex people with power...Not surprised and expected a Grand Jury to no bill Adrian.

Scott D
11/13/2012, 10:13 PM
It was more than likely dropped because the whole thing was no big deal at all and getting to spend a few hours in jail was AD's 'punishment'. Don't look for AD to file any civil suits against the Houston PD or club's owners as I am sure he is just glad this whole thing blew over.

He's not the first NFL player to be wrongfully charged by the HPD, and I'd be willing to wager that he won't be the last.

PrideMom
11/14/2012, 10:43 AM
The story just didn't sound like Adrian, but if you are drinking judgment becomes an issue.

SoonerInLubbock
11/14/2012, 11:34 AM
It's the police state we live in. Cops often don't even know the law very well. They just do what they want, assuming the badge gives them the power to make up laws as they go. Not all police officers are like this. But there sure are a lot of power hungry tyrannical types out there. A police officer has to have a good reason to tell you to put your hands behind your back, just because an officer doesn't like you for whatever reason is not good enough. A cop can't just walk up to you and demand ID. He/she can ask, but if you haven't commited any crimes you can tell them no. If you are not being detained you can simply walk away. These days cops and the public don't seem to be familar with these laws. Video these corrupt officers and expose them for what they are....that is also your right, no matter what they will have you believe. The police work for us not the other way around

nighttrain12
11/15/2012, 02:07 AM
This was a security guard at a nightclub who told AD at closing time to leave more than once. Apparently AD wasn't ready to leave and it got kind of ugly from there. No big deal at all! This isn't some Rodney King thing with a big conspiracy against AD.

oudivesherpa
11/16/2012, 10:17 PM
I live in Houston and if you can't make it as a cop anywhere else come to Houston.

bluedogok
11/16/2012, 11:16 PM
Which may be the reason why there seemed to be an officer involved shooting almost weekly in Houston.