PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia good addition to Big 12?

badger
11/13/2012, 12:12 PM
You've had almost an entire season to think about it. Let's not let the result of this Saturday's game cloud our unbiased (hehe) judgements. Vote anonymously for three days!

SoonerMarkVA
11/13/2012, 12:23 PM
I really wanted to vote 2 of them, because I'm glad they're in the XII and I consider them an upgrade over both MU and A&M (although Sumlin may quickly make me rethink that), but I also don't have any idea why the SEC took MU over them. Anyway, settled on "Welcome to the XII!"

lexsooner
11/13/2012, 12:35 PM
I don't want them. I worry about our fans going to Morgantown. The last time an OU sports team went there (men's hoops) we were winning near the end when this huge hillbilly in the first row flung a large cup full of ice and liquid (possibly shine laced with meth) onto the court and got removed by the cops. Anyone remember that game which we won a few years ago? If you take that incident and multiply it a thousand times, you have their football fans at a home game.

Pricetag
11/13/2012, 01:06 PM
I'm glad to have them. Once they recover from the non-Big East schock, I think they'll be a boon for the conference in football and basketball both. I do think that they are a better fit geographically in the ACC, though.

Mississippi Sooner
11/13/2012, 01:08 PM
I don't want them. I worry about our fans going to Morgantown. The last time an OU sports team went there (men's hoops) we were winning near the end when this huge hillbilly in the first row flung a large cup full of ice and liquid (possibly shine laced with meth) onto the court and got removed by the cops. Anyone remember that game which we won a few years ago? If you take that incident and multiply it a thousand times, you have their football fans at a home game.

If they are flinging shine laced with meth around, I am totally gonna be there.

kevpks
11/13/2012, 01:10 PM
I think it they are a good fit. They have a rabid fanbase (literally for some), are competitive in all major sports, and just good enough academically to not be embarrassing. They are also not from Texas, so they have that going for them, which is nice.

8timechamps
11/13/2012, 02:22 PM
I think the "best fit" would be the ACC, just from a geographic standpoint. That said, I'm still very happy to have them in the Big XII.

MyT Oklahoma
11/13/2012, 09:52 PM
"Can they pay their dues man."

Therealsouthsider
11/13/2012, 11:17 PM
I like 'em! Having lived in Colorado for ten years and attended games in Boulder, West Virginia is a more than welcome addition/replacement

SS

Jason White's Third Knee
11/14/2012, 09:30 AM
I like 'em! Having lived in Colorado for ten years and attended games in Boulder, West Virginia is a more than welcome addition/replacement

SS

aTm and to a lessor degree Mizzou were competitive off and on. I didn't like seeing aTm go no matter how weird they are. WV replacing Colorado is a massive step up. Even potheads like the trade.