PDA

View Full Version : World War Z - Official trailer

8timechamps
11/12/2012, 05:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk&list=LP4qRk91tndwg&index=2&feature=plcp

GDC
11/12/2012, 05:19 PM
in

ouwasp
11/12/2012, 06:37 PM
Hope the cgi is better than decent...couldn't quite tell from that trailer. Looks like the fans of Romero-type staggering zombies will be indignant again... the appearance of quick zeds is surprising. That's not the way they were written about in World War Z (The Book).

Oh well, Hollywood artistic license and all that...still think it's a shame DOTD '04 didn't get a sequel.

sappstuf
11/13/2012, 04:51 AM
Hope the cgi is better than decent...couldn't quite tell from that trailer. Looks like the fans of Romero-type staggering zombies will be indignant again... the appearance of quick zeds is surprising. That's not the way they were written about in World War Z (The Book).

Oh well, Hollywood artistic license and all that...still think it's a shame DOTD '04 didn't get a sequel.

I don't necessarily believe that all zombies should be the staggering type, but what I liked about the book were the scenes like the Battle of Yonkers where there was a wave of millions of zombies and like a slow motion train wreck there was nothing that could be done to stop them.

There is nothing horrifying about the fast movers... It just becomes an action scene. My son said they looked like ants and that is a pretty good description.

OUTrumpet
11/13/2012, 07:01 AM
Loved the book -- hope this holds some resemblance to it.

soonerboomer93
11/13/2012, 10:21 AM
I have the book, just haven't read it.

In though

Pricetag
11/13/2012, 10:57 AM
I'm a much bigger fan of the plodding zombies who seem a cinch to take on one on one, but overwhelm by sheer force of number.

I can see zombies with normal speed, I guess, but it seems when a movie decides to go that direction, they all become Usain Bolt. No in between?

Mississippi Sooner
11/13/2012, 11:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk&list=LP4qRk91tndwg&index=2&feature=plcp

Just looking at that picture, it seems that either those are the world's smallest zombies, or else someone has a cordless screwdriver the size of a Greyhound bus.

Wishboned
11/13/2012, 11:30 AM
Zombie zerg rush.

And from what I've read, and what I've seen in the trailer, the only thing the movie and book will have in common is the title.

8timechamps
11/13/2012, 02:50 PM
Zombie zerg rush.

And from what I've read, and what I've seen in the trailer, the only thing the movie and book will have in common is the title.

I read something about a year ago that said there would be very few connections. The director said that there was no way to honor the book in the time he had to make a 2 hour movie.

As for the speed of the zombies, I like the idea of a slow moving zombie that never stops, and can overwhelm in large numbers. The zombies from the trailer remind me more of the creatures from I Am Legend.

Either way, I'll still see it.

SoonerBBall
11/15/2012, 02:31 PM
I don't know why they named this movie World War Z. It bears no resemblance to the book whatsoever and it isn't like it was a mainstream book to draw in billions like Harry Potter or Twilight. The main antagonists (zombies) are 180 degrees different from the book and the protagonist went around interviewing people about their experiences before, during, and after the war not trying to save his family. They should have called this movie "Brad Pitt vs the Crappy CGI Zombie Tidal Wave" and saved World War Z for an HBO series that could have successfully covered the source material.

I'll wait to watch it somewhere for free so I don't voluntarily support the people who butcher my favorite IPs.

Pricetag
11/15/2012, 05:41 PM
It's a hella cool title for a zombie flick.