PDA

View Full Version : Any one else find it Funny

olevetonahill
11/12/2012, 07:45 AM
That one of our Middle of the Pack teams goes to the SEC and is Kickin eveyones ***?

Im kinda rooting fer the eaTme aggies now :D

rock on sooner
11/12/2012, 07:48 AM
I'm kinda glad we don't have to play Johnny Football...

Turd_Ferguson
11/12/2012, 07:53 AM
http://www.utexasclan.com/images/squeeze.jpg

olevetonahill
11/12/2012, 07:57 AM
I think its hilarious after all the talk about how STRONG the sec conference is that a Middle of the road Big 12 team makes the move and starts kickin all they aszes

SoonerMarkVA
11/12/2012, 08:27 AM
I think a lot of the credit for A&M's play goes to Sumlin. Guy can flat-out coach. Aggie's got resources and access to talent, so it's not surprising someone with some competence and work ethic could go in there and make them a solid team. In short, I think Aggie would not be a middle-of-the-road team in the XII right now, but right up there with OU, KSU.

Wishboned
11/12/2012, 09:27 AM
I love how the SEC newbies are going to be responsible for ending the SEC's streak.

Mac94
11/12/2012, 10:49 AM
As the saying goes ... coaching matters. Liken it to when Stoops and company came into OU and totally remade the culture in Norman after the Gibbs, Howie, and Blake years. In year one, while only 7-5 ... OU made a statement and we all know what happened in year 2. That doesn't happen under the previous regime.

Just like that ... under Sherman we would have probably lost the La Tech, Ole Miss, and Bama games and we would be sitting at 5-5 (at best). Sumlin has totally changed the attitude of this team and we may have caught lightning in a bottle with JFF.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/12/2012, 10:56 AM
It's pretty simple. ATM has their best coach and QB in their entire history. Just like that. I knew that was the case for Sumlin before he ever coached his first game at ATM. And it only took me one game (Florida and despite the lockdown in the 2nd half) of watching Manziel to realize that he was/is going to be the best QB in their history. Hard to believe this guy was a 3 star given ths sick numbers he put up at the prep level. They were seriously insane numbers on the ground and in the air.

Mac94
11/12/2012, 11:00 AM
That one of our Middle of the Pack teams goes to the SEC and is Kickin eveyones ***?

If A&M winning makes the Big-12 look better what does Colorado's performance in the Pac-12 say? ;)

5thYearSooner
11/12/2012, 11:40 AM
If A&M winning makes the Big-12 look better what does Colorado's performance in the Pac-12 say? ;)

Big12 is stronger than before

Mac94
11/12/2012, 11:44 AM
Big12 is stronger than before

Bravo! LOL

badger
11/12/2012, 11:54 AM

Nice try -- they were crap when they were in the Big 12 and they were crap when they left.

You guys, on the other hand, were at least a bowl team, even if you couldn't sawwww varsity's horrrnnnss ooffffff one last time. At home. In the season finale. Against your biggest rival in the history of you.

:rcmad:

Mac94
11/12/2012, 12:21 PM
You guys, on the other hand, were at least a bowl team, even if you couldn't sawwww varsity's horrrnnnss ooffffff one last time. At home. In the season finale. Against your biggest rival in the history of you.

True ... and that's why Sherman is now an O.C. with the Dolphins and we have Sumlin, lol. And that's why we are where we are today ... new coach, new attitude. Coaching matters ... esp in college football. It now appears we finally have a guy to tap into the potential A&M has always had.

olevetonahill
11/12/2012, 12:29 PM

Aggie Logic

Seamus
11/12/2012, 12:46 PM
And it only took me one game (Florida and despite the lockdown in the 2nd half) of watching Manziel to realize that he was/is going to be the best QB in their history.

LOL. Stop.

Soonerjeepman
11/12/2012, 12:47 PM
I actually think they would be in the top 2 or 3 if they were in the big12 still. As Stoops always says, each yr is different..but it was a nice win.

goingoneight
11/12/2012, 12:48 PM
Colorado was horrible in the BIG 12, too. Embree was just a self-inflicted death penalty for them.

SoonerorLater
11/12/2012, 02:04 PM
I think that there isn't much doubt that Sumlin has done a better job with the talent A&M has.

thecrimsoncrusader
11/12/2012, 02:12 PM
LOL. Stop.

Why, because I was right? It's not like ATM has some great history of QBs. Barring injury, Manziel will own every single record in ATM QB history (passing yards, rushing yards, passing TDs, rushing TDs, etc.) and it won't even be close.

PalmBeachSooner
11/12/2012, 02:18 PM
I became an Aggie fan when they hired Sumlin. I am somewhat surprised at the success they are having. They should have beaten Florida and could have beaten LSU if they had bothered to show up in the 2nd half. They were very close to playing in the SEC championship game. I think they are going to have a big advantage over UT when it comes to recruiting Texas.

p.s. (If OU and aTm win out they could be playing each other in the Fiesta bowl).

jkjsooner
11/12/2012, 03:38 PM
What I think is funny is how A&M is proving that you can move the ball on SEC defenses as long as you play a 21st century offense.

That and the fact that Saban has turned in to a whiny b***.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/12/2012, 03:51 PM
I think a lot of the credit for A&M's play goes to Sumlin. Guy can flat-out coach. Aggie's got resources and access to talent, so it's not surprising someone with some competence and work ethic could go in there and make them a solid team. In short, I think Aggie would not be a middle-of-the-road team in the XII right now, but right up there with OU, KSU.They're going to kick our a*ses in recruiting, now, with their impressive success in beating the Bammer. Tx based team, with a good, black coach, and now in the SEC. They might even steal some recruits from the cows.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/12/2012, 04:10 PM

It says we took the trash to the garbage.

8timechamps
11/12/2012, 04:21 PM
They're going to kick our a*ses in recruiting, now, with their impressive success in beating the Bammer. Tx based team, with a good, black coach, and now in the SEC. They might even steal some recruits from the cows.

They'll have to do more than win one big game to start kicking our asses in recruiting. They've always been in the mix in Texas, but it's gonna take sustained success for them to "kick our asses".

Mac94
11/12/2012, 04:22 PM
They're going to kick our a*ses in recruiting, now, with their impressive success in beating the Bammer. Tx based team, with a good, black coach, and now in the SEC. They might even steal some recruits from the cows.

That's our hope in this grand experiement ... but OU will get their players and Stoops, while recruiting Texas ... recruits nationally. A&M will focus on Texas kids although we will also now target Louisiana as well. A&M and OU won't play each other (except an occasional bowl) so what we do won;t effect ya'll much anyway. And as an A&M alum that grew up a Sooner fan ... that works great for me ... my two favorite teams won't have to play each other every year which was always bittersweet.

Seamus
11/12/2012, 06:43 PM
Why, because I was right? It's not like ATM has some great history of QBs. Barring injury, Manziel will own every single record in ATM QB history (passing yards, rushing yards, passing TDs, rushing TDs, etc.) and it won't even be close.

Season 1 for him isn't even over. Let's not say we knew something when in fact we don't, because that something isn't even close to being proven.

westbrooke
11/12/2012, 06:53 PM

Surely someone funnier than me can turn this into a legalizing marijuana joke.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/12/2012, 07:46 PM
That's our hope in this grand experiement ... but OU will get their players and Stoops, while recruiting Texas ... recruits nationally. A&M will focus on Texas kids although we will also now target Louisiana as well. A&M and OU won't play each other (except an occasional bowl) so what we do won;t effect ya'll much anyway. And as an A&M alum that grew up a Sooner fan ... that works great for me ... my two favorite teams won't have to play each other every year which was always bittersweet.Did Sabansballs hand you the baton?