PDA

View Full Version : ESPN now showing OU vs. TAMU in the Fiesta

Jaydoug
11/11/2012, 09:33 PM
Thoughts???

8timechamps
11/11/2012, 09:40 PM
Eh, I'd prefer to play someone we haven't played in a while (or ever).

StoopTroup
11/11/2012, 09:47 PM
I'd love Texas to play them but I've got no problem playing them again.

11-5-2011

OU 41

aTm 25

Any chance of playing them again...I am not going to avoid it but I think it's pretty ****ty to match them up with us when the whorns deserve the match-up so much more than we do. I'd rather play phlorida, lsu or South Carolina

salth2o
11/11/2012, 10:10 PM
I'm tired of the Fiesta. Hate to b!tch about a possible BCS game and I know teh Big XII is tied to that bowl, but lets go to Pasadena or Miami or New Orleans erry now and then.

cleller
11/11/2012, 10:10 PM
I don't like running QBs. No.

soonergirlNeugene
11/11/2012, 10:15 PM
I don't see OU in the fiesta unless Notre Dame loses or plays for the national title. Fiesta will snap them up after losing KState to the championship game.

OUTrumpet
11/11/2012, 10:25 PM
I don't see OU in the fiesta unless Notre Dame loses or plays for the national title. Fiesta will snap them up after losing KState to the championship game.

Yeah, and I don't really see them going for a rematch. Could happen, but I think we end up elsewhere.

rockfromcon
11/11/2012, 10:33 PM
I want no part of Johnny Football..... that might be much worse than the year Reggie McNeal ripped us.

yermom
11/11/2012, 10:35 PM
A&M and us in the Fiesta would make me second guess going to the game

at least it sounds like we won't have to worry about the Fiesta much longer

i guess i want KState to lose just so they would be stuck with the Fiesta

soonerboy_odanorth
11/11/2012, 10:44 PM
Good God no. Please no. That would be so completely deflating, and what a downright boring matchup. Bowl games besides the big one are all about who is more motivated going in. And I think OU would be heading in with no motivation whatsoever having been there and done that as far as kicking Aggie butt for so long in conference. aTm on the other hand I think would be totally motivated being in their first BCS game in forever and having just "conquered" the SEC. I think in that scenario we get whupped. And to get whupped by the Aggies in a BCS game would genuinely suck.

Can you imagine the horror of the chants... "S-E-C, S-E-C" from those clowns? If we gotta hear that again I want it to be from LSU, Florida, or even Bama. Ugh.

8timechamps
11/11/2012, 10:52 PM
Good God no. Please no. That would be so completely deflating, and what a downright boring matchup. Bowl games besides the big one are all about who is more motivated going in. And I think OU would be heading in with no motivation whatsoever having been there and done that as far as kicking Aggie butt for so long in conference. aTm on the other hand I think would be totally motivated being in their first BCS game in forever and having just "conquered" the SEC. I think in that scenario we get whupped. And to get whupped by the Aggies in a BCS game would genuinely suck.

Can you imagine the horror of the chants... "S-E-C, S-E-C" from those clowns? If we gotta hear that again I want it to be from LSU, Florida, or even Bama. Ugh.

I agree, and it's not because A&M is that good. It's because of all the reasons you mentioned. Honestly, I'd rather go to a non-BCS bowl than play A&M in the Fiesta.

picasso
11/12/2012, 12:50 AM
Thoughts???
No, let us never play Texas Aggy again.

Fraggle145
11/12/2012, 08:55 AM
**** the dog loving cult. No. Hell No. Never again.

FirstandGoal
11/12/2012, 09:01 AM
Hell no!

One of the biggest consolation prizes for us not winning the conference title this year would be that we would NOT have to go to the Fiesta. The only-- and I mean the ONLY team I would even consider going there for would be a rematch with Domer. Anything else would be terrible.

badger
11/12/2012, 09:22 AM
They're weird. I was rather hoping for someone they deserve more than a classy bunch like us... like a Pac 12 heathen anti-Republican school :P

soonerdo
11/12/2012, 07:24 PM
What is the NCAA record for rushing in a game for a QB ?

Lott's Bandana
11/12/2012, 07:40 PM
aTm needs a lot to happen to make a BCS bowl. None of it their own doing.

OU needs a lot to happen to make it to a BCS bowl. Almost completely their own responsibility.

Let's play somebody new...and I don't mean Iowa.

Of course, Morgantown comes first.

BoulderSooner79
11/12/2012, 07:55 PM

What matchup would OU be motivated to play given the title game is off the table?

yermom
11/12/2012, 08:07 PM
Oregon, USC, Notre Dame, LSU?

en4cer
11/12/2012, 08:22 PM
What matchup would OU be motivated to play given the title game is off the table?

Nebraska ?

SoonerorLater
11/12/2012, 08:35 PM
I for one don't want an A&M match-up. It would be nice to play a school that we haven't played in a while. Out of all the teams to match up with we get a team that was in our conference, in our division for the last 16 years?