PDA

View Full Version : Good work Rams

JLEW1818
11/11/2012, 08:00 PM
How do you get a delay of game on a game winning field goal?

Please get Sam out of this garbage franchise.

StoopTroup
11/11/2012, 08:06 PM
I love St. Louis. I can see Sam and my Cards. Quit ruining my Dream of a World Series and a Lombardi Trophy in one year JLEW. :wink:

StoopTroup
11/11/2012, 08:11 PM
BTW...that hit on Alex Smith just didn't seem all that hard. Have they gotten a bit to sensitive about these concussions? If it really needs to be this strict...then I am OK with it but it really seems like they have gone a bit overboard. I haven't done my homework and talked with any Sports Medicine guys but they really do seem to have gone to a system to check for it that has zero tolerance for the player saying he's OK.

I don't want to appear heartless but did they really miss this that bad all these years prior to this?

StoopTroup
11/11/2012, 08:13 PM
Also...Amendola is teh awesome.

swardboy
11/11/2012, 08:22 PM
I would slap the receiver who wasn't up on the line on that beautiful 80 yard pass to Amendola. They would have been on the two yard line right off the bat in overtime. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhh.

kevpks
11/11/2012, 08:28 PM
As a Rams fan, I can tell you that they look 10x better than last year. I can't think of a better fit for Sam. They've got a proven coach, a few emerging weapons, and the beginnings of a solid defense.

That said, this tie makes me sick. It's like 1995 OU/Texas. Same score even.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4056/1022319225f9ae4ec452.jpg

swardboy
11/11/2012, 08:35 PM
If they could make five clones of Amendola I think they'd be unbeatable even now.

bluedogok
11/11/2012, 08:40 PM
They are improving, last year they looked about as bad as CU.

BajaOklahoma
11/11/2012, 08:49 PM
BTW...that hit on Alex Smith just didn't seem all that hard. Have they gotten a bit to sensitive about these concussions? If it really needs to be this strict...then I am OK with it but it really seems like they have gone a bit overboard. I haven't done my homework and talked with any Sports Medicine guys but they really do seem to have gone to a system to check for it that has zero tolerance for the player saying he's OK.

I have a son who received several concussions while playing hockey, one of which caused him to drop out of OU because he had no short term memory. Fortunately,he recovered. He told me that several times not only didn't remember how he got hit, but he didn't what he was asked or what he answered. I was there and his answers "seemed" appropriate at the time.

tulsaoilerfan
11/11/2012, 09:07 PM

I don't want to appear heartless but did they really miss this that bad all these years prior to this?

Yes they did; i still don't think Aikman even remembers the 93 NFC Championship game against SF, and should have NEVER played the next week in the Super Bowl; my son suffered a concussion playing baseball in 8th grade and has no memory of that game and told me one time that he doesn't remember much of his childhood; they are nothing to **** with

StoopTroup
11/11/2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks for not tearing me a new one. I really hadn't done my homework on what the new rules were on Concussions. If Alex should have come out...should it have been for the entire game?

What are the ramifications? Must it be until they see proper eye movement or do they need to do a catscan?

Also Baja...I'm sorry about your Son. I wasn't trying to make light of the injury, only obtain a better perspective on what they are doing on the sidelines when they make the call. I have kids in sports right now. I want to be prepared if God Forbid one of them were to suffer such an injury.

I just asked a question as I've seen some guys take some helmet hits this weekend that seemed much worse.

8timechamps
11/11/2012, 09:44 PM
Give Fisher another year (and a draft), he'll get some protection in there for Sam, and eventually put some weapons around him. Danny Amendola is good, but when he's the best receiver you have, you're not doing so well.

Salt City Sooner
11/11/2012, 09:51 PM
Also...Amendola is teh awesome when he's not benefitting from BS calls that screw OU.
Patched that one up a bit. :mad:

Aries
11/12/2012, 08:30 AM
The 49ers have said they're not sure which play Smith was injured on, so it's hard to say how hard he was hit. They said they think it may have been on a QB sneak, not necessarily the play most seem to think it was.

EatLeadCommie
3/16/2013, 01:05 PM
So the Rams have now lost Amendola and Gibson to free agency. Seriously, how can they not have pulled in a franchise WR to go with their franchise QB at this point? It's absurd.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/16/2013, 01:23 PM
So the Rams have now lost Amendola and Gibson to free agency. Seriously, how can they not have pulled in a franchise WR to go with their franchise QB at this point? It's absurd.

Well they got a pretty good tight end, that should help Sam a ton. He's always been a TE safety valve QB (like JW).

swardboy
3/16/2013, 02:34 PM
Yep, looks like Sam is set up with another Jermaine Gresham-type receiver. I'm hoping the second year is a huge leap for Givens, and especially Quick. Gibson is gone now.

bluedogok
3/16/2013, 03:51 PM
Probably looking towards the draft.

kevpks
3/16/2013, 04:08 PM

Amendola was never healthy and receivers like Gibson are a dime a dozen in this league. I'm just glad they signed a proven LT. That was the biggest position of need for the offense, along with TE, which they addressed by signing Cook. I do hope they use one of those two first round picks on a skill position.

Salt City Sooner
3/16/2013, 05:27 PM
Amendola was never healthy and receivers like Gibson are a dime a dozen in this league. I'm just glad they signed a proven LT. That was the biggest position of need for the offense, along with TE, which they addressed by signing Cook. I do hope they use one of those two first round picks on a skill position.

Not so fast, my friend:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_218de7fa-1c28-53c0-aa6b-b7b4dcdd3b5f.html#.UUQBB9S_tA8.twitter

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/16/2013, 08:07 PM
Between him and Dumervil this free agency has just been bizarre.

EatLeadCommie
3/18/2013, 12:52 AM
Long is officially on board http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21900557/lt-jake-long-signs-contract-with-rams

ouleaf
3/19/2013, 12:58 AM
Could be a great signing, but it's an awful lot of money for a guy with injury concerns.

swardboy
3/19/2013, 07:18 AM
Wow.

Long, Saffold, Dahl, and Wells. If Rokevius will dedicate himself to an off-season conditioning program Sam will be a top 5 QB.

I saw where Givens, Quick. and Pettis went to a receivers school put on by Terrell Owens.

badger
3/19/2013, 09:00 AM
Long is officially on board http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21900557/lt-jake-long-signs-contract-with-rams

Didn't they have another guy already named Long?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/19/2013, 09:49 AM
Didn't they have another guy already named Long?

Howie's son Chris Long

VA Sooner
3/19/2013, 07:55 PM
Sounds like Fisher is starting to ramp up a bit... we'll see.

8timechamps
3/19/2013, 08:07 PM
Between him and Dumervil this free agency has just been bizarre.

The whole Dumervil thing is nuts. Why he hasn't fired his agent is beyond me.

bluedogok
3/19/2013, 10:25 PM
The whole Dumervil thing is nuts. Why he hasn't fired his agent is beyond me.

He did fire Magid, on Friday after the fax incident. Tom Condon is now his agent.

8timechamps
3/20/2013, 12:20 PM
He did fire Magid, on Friday after the fax incident. Tom Condon is now his agent.

Good. I was gone all weekend and didn't get to follow anything that was going on with him.

Magid cost him a couple of million bucks, at least.

LakeRat
3/21/2013, 01:27 PM
I am naive. Can someone please explain the "dumervil" incident?

8timechamps
3/21/2013, 01:31 PM
I am naive. Can someone please explain the "dumervil" incident?

Elvis Dumervil (DE for the Denver Broncos). Long story short, Dumervil had agreed to a reduced salary (for cap reasons), but his agent played a waiting game with the Broncos and lost. Cost Dumervil at least 2 million buck next season (probably more), and there hasn't been a resolution yet.

Here's the story: LINK (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9057191/denver-broncos-release-elvis-dumervil-according-sources)

C&CDean
3/21/2013, 02:09 PM
Dumberville?

8timechamps
3/21/2013, 03:00 PM
Dumberville?

That works.

Eielson
3/24/2013, 01:10 AM

The last group they had running the show wasn't very good. The guys they have now are, but this is only their second year. They focused primarily on the defense last year, and it got a lot better. This year they're going to take care of the offense, and we're about to see just how good Bradford really is. Amendola and Gibson were not big losses at all. Amendola is hardly on the field, and Gibson is easily replaced. Givens was the guy they had to keep, and they did. They didn't resign Amendola because they were upgrading to Cook. They also brought in an All-Pro left tackle. The Rams should be commended for helping Sam at this point, and they're not even done. They very well may be adding a guard like Warmack with their first pick, and adding another receiver with one of the next two. They may not even need the receiver, though, with Cook, Givens, and Quick.

swardboy
3/24/2013, 01:16 PM
I'm not buying Quick yet, but Cook and Givens are the real deal.

Moore
3/24/2013, 05:08 PM
Horse****

Seamus
3/24/2013, 05:23 PM
Horse****

Clear, concise and to the point, whatever that may be.

bluedogok
3/24/2013, 05:40 PM
If Amendola could stay healthy he might have been worth the money the Pats threw at him to replace Welker. So far his injury history with the Rams says different.

Moore
3/25/2013, 05:31 PM
Clear, concise and to the point, whatever that may be.
Eat poop

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/25/2013, 06:03 PM
If Amendola could stay healthy he might have been worth the money the Pats threw at him to replace Welker. So far his injury history with the Rams says different.

Amendola should be okay with the Pats. One of Brady's biggest attributes is his ability to place the ball where his receiver doesn't take a lot of shots. Sam can do this when he gets into a rhythm, but thus far in his NFL career that has happened very rarely. He just takes way too many shots.

Eielson
3/25/2013, 09:09 PM
I'm not buying Quick yet, but Cook and Givens are the real deal.

Definitely with you there. Quick hasn't proven anything, and I would have been very happy to add someone like Wallace, Jennings, or Bowe (probably not for the money, though). Whoever the Rams would draft at receiver would need some time to develop, though, and wouldn't be a big-time receiver from day 1. Fisher said the other day that players make the most progress between years 1 and 2. I took that, along with some of Snead's comments, to mean that things were going as planned with Quick. That could easily have been a reference to any number of people, though. I just think that it's hard to justify using one of the two first rounders on a receiver if they still think Quick is going to be the real deal. I would love to add somebody like Justin Hunter with the 2nd rounder, and would fully expect the Rams to grab somebody in rounds 3-5 if they didn't take somebody sooner.

bluedogok
3/25/2013, 09:43 PM
Amendola should be okay with the Pats. One of Brady's biggest attributes is his ability to place the ball where his receiver doesn't take a lot of shots. Sam can do this when he gets into a rhythm, but thus far in his NFL career that has happened very rarely. He just takes way too many shots.
Having time in the pocket would help Sam greatly...

Blue
3/25/2013, 09:56 PM
I'm thinking its make or break time for Sam. Time to show these punks in Seattle and SF how to play QB.