PDA

View Full Version : Second coming of Barry Sanders...

rock on sooner
11/11/2012, 03:55 PM
Did anybody else notice how the Seastrunk kid from Baylor bears a
remarkable resemblance to Sanders' running style. He's got some serious
stop, cut and go capabilities, never mind the top end speed...got a
great career in front of him, imo.

Curly Bill
11/11/2012, 04:20 PM
I know this dude had a lot of hype coming out of HS. I think we recruited him pretty heavily ourselves. I think he had one of those "advisor/mentors" that was pretty sketchy.

8timechamps
11/11/2012, 04:24 PM
I know this dude had a lot of hype coming out of HS. I think we recruited him pretty heavily ourselves. I think he had one of those "advisor/mentors" that was pretty sketchy.

Yeah, we were hot after him, but then it just stopped. I think the involvement of the agent/mentor was a red flag that turned us away.

As to how good he is, there is no question he can play. I hope he leaves early, because he's going to be a handful (although, I'm not sure Baylor could run for more yards than they did yesterday, and they still lost, so there's that).

thecrimsoncrusader
11/12/2012, 10:50 AM
At some point, the NCAA needs to get off of their cans and investigate the Baylor athletic program as a whole. Briles and Drew are good coaches, but something doesn't smell right in Baylor land.

stoopified
11/12/2012, 12:57 PM
Briles and Drew are good coaches, but something doesn't smell right in Baylor land.

Brazos River? :)

goingoneight
11/12/2012, 01:00 PM
... I think you might wanna YouTube Barry Sanders again. :P

hawaii 5-0
11/12/2012, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't quite give him Sanders status yet, but the though of Seastrunk's ability to stop on a dime and then accelerate made me think of Barry Sanders.

5-0

westbrooke
11/12/2012, 06:46 PM
I think he had one of those "advisor/mentors" that was pretty sketchy.

Yep. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6465439)

Lyles... denied that he took money to steer running back Lache Seastrunk to Oregon.
Sources told ESPN.com that the NCAA was interested in the recruitment of Seastrunk.

Scott D
11/12/2012, 10:31 PM
not even the best money Oregon paid for a recruit.