colleyvillesooner
11/11/2012, 01:58 PM
Started with this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img692/8974/imagezvra.jpg

Over came this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img600/5897/imagexbm.jpg

Ended with this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/291/imageehr.jpg

All in under an hour. Any of you that helped me through my alternator, dryer and washer issues know what a big deal this is. :)

Tulsa_Fireman
11/11/2012, 02:01 PM
You're my hero.

Father my children.

SicEmBaylor
11/11/2012, 02:02 PM
I have no idea in hell what is going on.

Turd_Ferguson
11/11/2012, 02:09 PM

He put a new exhaust system on a 1943 Ford, Bel Air...

SicEmBaylor
11/11/2012, 02:13 PM
He put a new exhaust system on a 1943 Ford, Bel Air...
Oh. Well, alright then carry on.

bluedogok
11/11/2012, 03:44 PM
Congrats, I hate dealing with plumbing issues, I would rather do electrical work.

Turd_Ferguson
11/11/2012, 03:46 PM
Congrats, I hate dealing with plumbing issues, I would rather do electrical work.

220, 221...whatever it takes.

8timechamps
11/11/2012, 03:48 PM
Did you install a new disposal? Is there a P-trap in the bottom picture? It looks like there is, but I can't tell from the bottom pic. Since you removed the original P-trap, just make sure there is a P-trap coming out of the last stretch of pipe (otherwise, it'll jack up your pressure and you'll get that nasty sewage smell.

Nice work!

colleyvillesooner
11/11/2012, 03:52 PM
I don't think I removed the original p trap. Only removed elbow connector (black pipe) and replaced it with the one the disposal came with. No other pipe changes.

StoopTroup
11/11/2012, 03:56 PM

Call me surprised. ROTFLMAO

Nice job Colley. Plumbing can really suck sometimes. I'm glad that worked out for you. Anymore I just plan on replacing everything and if I don't I just return the extra parts once I'm done. I hate ten trips to the store.

Turd_Ferguson
11/11/2012, 03:59 PM
The P-Trap is in there.

How much P could a P-trap trap if a P-trap could trap p?

StoopTroup
11/11/2012, 04:06 PM
I had an electrical Problem last week. The Fridge, Dishwasher and two or three outlets and some lighting and the Disposal are all on 2-3 breakers. When I would put a load on one when I started...one breaker would trip. I started digging and got to 2 breakers tripping and then shut down the whole House. That was scary. Didn't hurt anything thankfully. I then just isolated everything and started checking loads/ amps and voltage on it all. I have it down to the disposal. It still works and will run on it's own but it's really old. Think a squirrel got into the wiring. The kids left the Garage open all day and one or two of the little bastages got in the attic. I heard them scuffling around up there last week. I have a guy coming to check up there for me. Have have a bumper crop of pecans and the little rodents are everywhere. I could feed a couple of Families if the neighbors wouldn't freak if I started taking them out ala Bill Murray Caddyshack style. :D

I grabbed one of my old Crossman 760's and got one shot off and then the seals when out of it. Going to replace it for a Christmas Present for the boy. I have three old Crossmans I need to have the seals replaced. I guess you can only keep them from falling apart for only so many years. My next choice was the Ruger .22 and the Wife gave me the look when I broke it out.

8timechamps
11/11/2012, 04:26 PM
I don't think I removed the original p trap. Only removed elbow connector (black pipe) and replaced it with the one the disposal came with. No other pipe changes.

In that case....Outstanding job!

Turd_Ferguson
11/11/2012, 04:29 PM
How do squirrels get in the attic just because the garage door was open?

colleyvillesooner
11/11/2012, 05:09 PM
Did my research through amazon reviews and this waste king replaced my insinkerator pretty easily. Only had to cut that pipe and that was just due to my setup. Turns out this disposal just cracks after about 4-5 years. Like every review had he same problem. Cracked housing. No idea how old this one was. Was here when we moved in.

SoonerJack
11/12/2012, 10:29 AM
Colley you forgot to put the bowl back ;-)

Turd, the squirrels got into the garage, got the ladder, used it to get into the attic.

olevetonahill
11/12/2012, 12:19 PM
Ya done Good bro. Proud of you.

Scott D
11/12/2012, 05:48 PM
next project...new hot water heater :D

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/12/2012, 06:06 PM
next project...new hot water heater :D

Try my plumber. They replaced my waterheater and never billed me.

Scott D
11/12/2012, 10:28 PM

Mine is fine..it's coffeyville's next project. I'm just calling it out early. :D

SicEmBaylor
11/12/2012, 10:30 PM
Why would a car need a plumber?

olevetonahill
11/12/2012, 10:32 PM
Why would a car need a plumber?

To repair the water Pipes that make the heater warm

colleyvillesooner
11/13/2012, 12:41 AM

Mine is fine..it's coffeyville's next project. I'm just calling it out early. :D

Don't even say that. But I have American home shield for that. May have covered this, but the new disposal was the same as the trip out.

And I feel more manly this way. :)

Scott D
11/13/2012, 10:46 AM
Don't even say that. But I have American home shield for that. May have covered this, but the new disposal was the same as the trip out.

And I feel more manly this way. :)

oh man up and replace your own :D

olevetonahill
11/13/2012, 03:55 PM
oh man up and replace your own :D

My water heater went out a few years ago. I turned the water off Yanked that Old leaky bastage out,Shopped around and decided Id go back with a Lectric Tankless model , Total cost to me about 500 bucks

Scott D
11/13/2012, 03:59 PM
My water heater went out a few years ago. I turned the water off Yanked that Old leaky bastage out,Shopped around and decided Id go back with a Lectric Tankless model , Total cost to me about 500 bucks

That's my plan when it comes time to replace the one I got awhile back. If only tankless had been available when I had to get this last one.

olevetonahill
11/13/2012, 04:02 PM
That's my plan when it comes time to replace the one I got awhile back. If only tankless had been available when I had to get this last one.

Love it in the Spring, Summer an Fall. It aint worth a shat in the real cold weather

Scott D
11/13/2012, 04:03 PM
I'm thinking that building placement would be key at least in terms of where I live. Besides, I like the idea better than a huge tank that can potentially leak downstairs on my neighbors.

olevetonahill
11/13/2012, 04:14 PM
I'm thinking that building placement would be key at least in terms of where I live. Besides, I like the idea better than a huge tank that can potentially leak downstairs on my neighbors.

I think its more to do with the water temp coming INTO the shack. In the winter the water is almost to the freezin poin as it comes in, so it takes the heater longer to heat it up.