PDA

View Full Version : Doubletree Cookies

StoopTroup
11/10/2012, 10:17 PM
We had some friends in town and they brought us a tin of the Doubletree Cookies.

After Hamburgers, fries and a quart of Root Beer, I feel like I'm prepping for Thanksgiving. Gonna tell the Wife to double up on everything because I'm gonna go Joey Chestnut on that Turkey this year. :D

Damn these Cookies are good warmed up in the microwave for a few seconds.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fceEFJ7Ln0E/T-SNe3dDR9I/AAAAAAAAHpQ/w0_rMyd2VJc/s1600/doubletree-cookies.gif

bluedogok
11/10/2012, 11:55 PM
Yep, I always liked them when we stayed there.

cleller
11/11/2012, 01:09 PM
Those things were the absolute best cookies I ever tasted around 20 years ago. They were made fresh from scratch at each hotel every day, I think. My wife brought some home from a seminar, then we'd get them sometimes as a treat. Then, something changed, we quit getting them.

Would love to give them another try, though. There are even recipes online, wonder if those are anywhere near as good.

bluedogok
11/11/2012, 03:36 PM
I think once Hilton bought them they changed to a mass produced method rather than in the hotel kitchen method. I did notice some changes many years ago around that time. We used to stay at the Warren Place one quite often when we were up there for the collector car auctions and in Dallas as well.

Turd_Ferguson
11/11/2012, 03:38 PM
At the age of 12, I stopped eating cookies and started eating *****.

StoopTroup
11/11/2012, 04:18 PM
You should try them together with a nice Brandy Alexander.