PDA

View Full Version : Are you cheering for KSU to win it all?

OUInformant
11/10/2012, 08:47 PM
I actually am.

StoopTroup
11/10/2012, 08:58 PM
There's to much football left for me to take it or them serious. When Teams like Bama are sitting in the catbird seat and drop a game like they did today....it reminds us all that anything can happened until December. Even phlorida has struggled in games they should have just had a "W" in.

Jack T.
11/10/2012, 08:58 PM
Until somebody in the Big 12 beats KState, I am pulling for them to keep winning. As soon as they lose, I will pull for whatever team they are playing!

It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them in the MNC game. I don't feel any animosity toward them. . .

bluedogok
11/10/2012, 09:02 PM
For those of us who saw just how bad, and I mean historically bad the K-State program was in the 80's it is an amazing turn around that Snyder has performed there.

Sooner95
11/10/2012, 09:05 PM
Yes. Not only Big12 ending the SEC run, but what a great story for Snyder and K-state.. formerly known as 0-10-1 team..lol

StoopTroup
11/10/2012, 09:06 PM
I don't have animosity for losing to them. I have it because I just don't like them. They are one of those types of Fan Bases that are like Mizzou, Colorado. I didn't really ever put aTm or Nebbishka in that kind of animosity but some of the things that seem to have taken place since they left seem to insired a new reason to fire it up a bit instead of the "Good Game!" type attitudes we seemed to have with them. Maybe it's just our rivalries with other Teams and our winning that has made things worse?

I know lots of Sooners aren't impressed with Big XII Trophies stacked up in the Switzer Center but I like them. There is a bunch of them in there. It really makes me proud of our Teams even though we haven't brought Home the Crystal Ball in 11 years. Those other Teams do have a lot of animosity about it or they wouldn't make up signs and give their players Co-Champion Watches and gifts in years when they didn't Represent the Big XII as Conference Champs in a Bowl Game.

8timechamps
11/10/2012, 09:13 PM
For those of us who saw just how bad, and I mean historically bad the K-State program was in the 80's it is an amazing turn around that Snyder has performed there.

TWICE.

He did it the first time, then retired. Then Ron Prince got it back to almost 80's level. Then the old man did it again.

8timechamps
11/10/2012, 09:14 PM
Oh, and as far as the question is concerned, like ST said, there's still too much football left for me to answer. IF they go undefeated, then I'll definitely be pulling for them to win it all.

OU_Sooners75
11/10/2012, 09:15 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Snyder winning it all.

The guy is a hell of a coach, so he deserves it if he does win it all.

That said, if they lose, oh well. I am not cheering for them to win or lose.

bluedogok
11/10/2012, 09:20 PM
Yes. Not only Big12 ending the SEC run, but what a great story for Snyder and K-state.. formerly known as 0-10-1 team..lol
OSU had one of those years as well in 1991 while Pat Jones was the coach. My cousin was a GA on staff there that season. K-State just did it or even didn't get the tie most years.

agoo758
11/10/2012, 09:23 PM
Absolutely. It would be the greatest story in the history of college football.

StoopTroup
11/10/2012, 09:23 PM
Oh, and as far as the question is concerned, like ST said, there's still too much football left for me to answer. IF they go undefeated, then I'll definitely be pulling for them to win it all.

Thanks for that. I could lighten up a bit once they are poised to Represent the Big XII but I can't root for them when the Conference is so close. If they lost two Conference Games....we get another trophy. I'm not into rooting away one of those so they can risk embarrassing our Conference in a MNC and if Snyder is such a great guy and deserves a MNC....he can come here and work as an asst to Bob if a position opens up. :D

badger
11/10/2012, 09:28 PM
k-state is a program that can win the title and not hurt our recruiting or our standing in the conference.

go old man snyder. win and retire and let us beat ksu for here on out like before you arrived at that school (both times)

picasso
11/10/2012, 09:35 PM
Absolutely not. They are a classless, petty group of pasty white people.

StoopTroup
11/10/2012, 09:46 PM
Absolutely not. They are a classless, petty group of pasty white people.

I was trying to play nice....

Thanks for just cutting loose. :D

picasso
11/10/2012, 09:50 PM
Any Sooner fan who likes those folks should take a trip up there the next time we play them.

Wishboned
11/10/2012, 09:54 PM
I would like to see Snyder win it all.

Then retire again.

OUInformant
11/10/2012, 10:26 PM
Absolutely. It would be the greatest story in the history of college football.

Possibly. It would be absolutely amazing.

StoopTroup
11/10/2012, 10:29 PM
Any Sooner fan who likes those folks should take a trip up there the next time we play them.

yup. Hell....just wear your OU gear and go up and root for them next game. I'd like to hear how that went.....LMAO

December 1 vs the whorns.

BlownGP
11/10/2012, 10:44 PM
Yes. Not only Big12 ending the SEC run, team..lol

That's all I care about.

JiminyChristmas
11/10/2012, 10:47 PM
Not cheering for them, but if we can't be there, a KState vs Domer title game is probably best thing that could happen for perception purposes.

StoopTroup
11/10/2012, 10:56 PM
Not cheering for them, but if we can't be there, a KState vs Domer title game is probably best thing that could happen for perception purposes.

That's a tough game for me to make a choice....especially if they are the only Teams we lose to this year.

FirstandGoal
11/10/2012, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I say if we can't win the conference then I would rather it go to KSU than any other team. Also, it would be kinda cool to see ole man Snyder win all the marbles and then go off and retire.

StoopTroup
11/10/2012, 11:02 PM
I have a feeling it might be Oregon and ND and that ole man Snyder will lose to Baylor or the whorns. However Cal and oregon are tied right now...

StoopTroup
11/10/2012, 11:11 PM
ROTFLMAO

ESPN saying that ND only stands a chance of playing in the MNC game if they end up #1 in the BCS Polls....otherwise...ND Might play Nebraska in the worst matched up Consolation Bowl in NCAA History IMO.

MNC would be Oregon and K-State.

8timechamps
11/10/2012, 11:14 PM
ROTFLMAO

ESPN saying that ND only stands a chance of playing in the MNC game if they end up #1 in the BCS Polls....otherwise...ND Might play Nebraska in the worst matched up Consolation Bowl in NCAA History IMO.

MNC would be Oregon and K-State.

Right after the Bama loss, I was thinking that it would be ND and KSU. I was thinking that ND has played a tougher schedule than Oregon. Then I got to thinking about it, outside of OU, ND hasn't played anyone that's ranked now. And even a USC win won't be worth much.

It'll be KSU v. Oregon.

StoopTroup
11/10/2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah...anything can happen and ND has really been lucky this year but they are waiting for someone to choke while they are trying to avoid a choke as well. The end of this Season is really gearing up to be worth watching even though we aren't in the hunt.

I still am very interested in us winning out and getting a decent Bowl Game.

MyT Oklahoma
11/11/2012, 12:41 AM
I've been an OU fan since 1971 but I attended KSU in 1978/1979. I know first hand how bad that program was.

What Bill Snyder accomplished there is nothing short of a miracle.

I wish Kansas State only the best but the only game I really care about every week is the one the Sooners are playing in.

P.S. There are a ton of KSU fans here in southwest Kansas but I don't get any grief from them. Go figure.

Soonerjeepman
11/11/2012, 12:51 AM
hey MyT...think we've chatted before..use to live in Hugoton...yrs ago...I agree. Was there, ksu in 82/83.

MyT Oklahoma
11/11/2012, 12:56 AM
hey MyT...think we've chatted before..use to live in Hugoton...yrs ago...I agree. Was there, ksu in 82/83.

I didn't go to any of their football games that year except the one in Norman when Billy ran for over 200 yards. LOL

I did though have season basketball tickets and I learned to dislike that school down the Kaw intensely. And I still don't like them.

sendbaht
11/11/2012, 01:11 AM
Am now!

BoulderSooner79
11/11/2012, 02:09 AM
I'll definitely be pulling for KSU over the horns.

DCsooner22
11/11/2012, 07:24 AM
Definitely a KSU fan for the rest of the year. Snyder deserves a championship for the two miracles he has performed up there.

In fact.... any team to win it all that is not in the SEC-SEC-SEC and any team not named Notre Dame (or Texas, but that's LOLZ these days...). Yes, I realize that means Oregon could be a possibility...

Bring that crystal ball back to the Big 12.

basel90
11/11/2012, 09:01 AM
Of course will cheer for k state to win it all. Great coach...school. Who else should we cheer for , OU is not in the BCS game

FirstandGoal
11/11/2012, 09:09 AM
I for one would just love to be able to watch another title game where the thought of either team winning didn't make me throw up in my mouth.

Honestly I don't see how KSU winning a NC could hurt us very much in recruiting and it would be fun to see it back in our conference. Anybody and everybody who knows even the slightest bit about football realizes that there is only one man alive on the planet who could have made that program the success that it is and let's face it.... he ain't gonna be around forever.

tulsaoilerfan
11/11/2012, 09:13 AM
I hope the purple kitties win it all; that would cap the best rebuilding job in the history of the NCAA

BudSooner
11/11/2012, 11:05 AM
Right after the Bama loss, I was thinking that it would be ND and KSU. I was thinking that ND has played a tougher schedule than Oregon. Then I got to thinking about it, outside of OU, ND hasn't played anyone that's ranked now. And even a USC win won't be worth much.

It'll be KSU v. Oregon.Seeing ND in the MNC is probably worse than getting crabs from a $2 whore, Oregon vs KSU please.
Maybe then KSU will win, Snyder will finally retire for good, and Chip Kelly will finally have enough and move onto the NFL.

picasso
11/11/2012, 11:17 AM
Of course will cheer for k state to win it all. Great coach...school. Who else should we cheer for , OU is not in the BCS game
Great school to cheer for?
You do realize they have an unhealthy hatred for OU much like the strange Poke people?

I have a few good friends who are KSU grads but after my trip up there for our '04 game I will never ever cheer for those pricks.

Okie35
11/11/2012, 12:26 PM

Nobody but since I'm in KSU country I'd wish them the best. I swear I would hate to see a ND/KSU matchup. I'd love to have another chance against ND.

Okie35
11/11/2012, 12:27 PM
Great school to cheer for?
You do realize they have an unhealthy hatred for OU much like the strange Poke people?

I have a few good friends who are KSU grads but after my trip up there for our '04 game I will never ever cheer for those pricks.

Maybe its just them but I know a lot of KSU fans/students/alums and they really don't have too much of an opinion about OU unless they play each other. They really dislike KU and Texas more.

bluedogok
11/11/2012, 03:31 PM
The ones that I knew had their hatred rooted in KU and Nebraska.