PDA

View Full Version : 1999 OU/Baylor

kevpks
11/10/2012, 09:13 AM
Watching Torrance Marshall maul people got me in the mood for football this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWy67SwhmPM

cleller
11/10/2012, 09:49 AM
I don't know whether to feel validated or cheated:
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?173241-OU-Baylor-1999-Holy-Mackerel&p=3542820&highlight=#post3542820

Any way you slice it, this is some inspiring football here. The fire that came out when Bob got that coaching staff, and these players lit up was an inferno. Nothing like a new challenge.
Watching Brandon Daniels play like he should was also great.

kevpks
11/10/2012, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hijack your thread! I should have searched. The highlight put me in beast mode and I wasn't thinking clearly.

Sooner70
11/10/2012, 10:05 AM
Gotta love Torrance Marshall's moxy & ability. I was in the stands when aTm had OU on the ropes late in the game at College Station & Torrance came up with the key INT that allowed OU to come from behind & win the game on the NC.

I still get a chuckle over when he lectured Chris Wienke (sp?) on the coin flip at the NC game/Orange Bowl. "You stole that trophy from my boy....".....He was very vocal about it. Wienke was taken aback, I think. Marshall musta been very brash & outspoken, but he could back it up.

Torrance was a take no prisoners player. Great player & example to his teammates.

Petro-Sooner
11/10/2012, 02:59 PM
Yep. Now we have people that shave fish into their heads. Mean!!!!!

Morans

OkieThunderLion
11/13/2012, 09:45 AM
Yep. Now we have people that shave fish into their heads. Mean!!!!!

Morans

Yeah, back then they were only shaving pot leafs in their head. lol!

picasso
11/13/2012, 03:37 PM
Gotta love Torrance Marshall's moxy & ability. I was in the stands when aTm had OU on the ropes late in the game at College Station & Torrance came up with the key INT that allowed OU to come from behind & win the game on the NC.

I still get a chuckle over when he lectured Chris Wienke (sp?) on the coin flip at the NC game/Orange Bowl. "You stole that trophy from my boy....".....He was very vocal about it. Wienke was taken aback, I think. Marshall musta been very brash & outspoken, but he could back it up.

Torrance was a take no prisoners player. Great player & example to his teammates.
He also smacked down KSU's Josh Scobee prior to kickoff in Kansas City. T Love was in a zone.