PDA

View Full Version : This week's upset special

8timechamps
11/9/2012, 12:34 PM
I have two for you:

1. Texas A&M will defeat the mighty Sabans.

2. TCU will beat KSU, largely because Colin Klein (whio is supposed to play) has a concussion.

BANK IT!*

*By adding the term "Bank it" to the end of my post, it is now a guarantee that neither of these upset's will happen. In fact, just putting these predictions in print has guaranteed that these upsets don't happen.

badger
11/9/2012, 12:34 PM
I vote none of the above.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2012, 12:38 PM
I have two for you:

2. TCU will beat KSU, largely because Colin Klein (whio is supposed to play) has a concussion.

BANK IT!*

*By adding the term "Bank it" to the end of my post, it is now a guarantee that neither of these upset's will happen. In fact, just putting these predictions in print has guaranteed that these upsets don't happen.

The only way "Bank it" works is if you actually bet real money. vCash doesn't really work, but it might alter the score by a FG.

Soonerjeepman
11/9/2012, 12:38 PM
guess I'm all for OU getting the Big12, so I'd be ok with ksu losing BUT it has to happen twice, not sure the horns can do it there. So, IF ksu doesn't lose then good for them. We should have taken care of the ball 2 FRICKIN times and we win that game...ugh~

8timechamps
11/9/2012, 12:43 PM
I vote none of the above.

Maybe that cancels out my "Bank it!"?!

But, you have to add your own now...

8timechamps
11/9/2012, 12:44 PM
guess I'm all for OU getting the Big12, so I'd be ok with ksu losing BUT it has to happen twice, not sure the horns can do it there. So, IF ksu doesn't lose then good for them. We should have taken care of the ball 2 FRICKIN times and we win that game...ugh~

Technically, if KSU loses one (and we finish with only one conference loss), then we're co-champions. Not as good as a solo championship, but still a championship.

badger
11/9/2012, 01:26 PM
Technically, if KSU loses one (and we finish with only one conference loss), then we're co-champions. Not as good as a solo championship, but still a championship.

The only rings we better produce are ring pops. And the players don't get to have them till after we win a stinkin' bowl game! :mad:

;)

SoonerNomad
11/9/2012, 01:53 PM

No we would not be, unless there is a three way tie with each of the three beating one of the others. I don't know where it might say "technically" that we are co-champions, but that would not be accurate in any rational analysis of deciding who is champion.

Soonerjeepman
11/9/2012, 02:09 PM
guess I wouldn't call us CO...they beat OU.

Salt City Sooner
11/9/2012, 03:23 PM
No we would not be, unless there is a three way tie with each of the three beating one of the others. I don't know where it might say "technically" that we are co-champions, but that would not be accurate in any rational analysis of deciding who is champion.

If both OU & KSU finish w/ one loss (& BTW, I don't think it'll happen, but in case it does) it IS considered a co-championship by the league, & both schools will get a glass bowl for their trophy case. It's just what happens when a league doesn't have a CCG (USC-Wazzu '02 is one recent example of this off the top of my head; both had one conference loss, but since WSU beat SC, they got the Rose Bowl bid while SC went to Miami). The only thing the tie-breaker does is decide who goes to Tempe.

zeke
11/9/2012, 05:59 PM
I dont think a&m is quite ready for Alabama. I figure after lester took bama to the edge, Saben will have them ready to play. And as much as i want someone to beat any of the mighty sec teams I hope it isnt a&m.

badger
11/9/2012, 06:08 PM
I pick the Cougars over the LA sluts. GO MIKE LEACH! :P

8timechamps
11/9/2012, 06:46 PM

You are incorrect. If both KSU and OU end the season with one loss, then there is a tie for first place. We would "technically" be co-champion. The only time the head-to-head scenario comes in to play is for the BCS-Fiesta Bowl bid. If both ended with one loss, then KSU would get the bid (since they won the head-to-head). Maybe that's what you are thinking about.

8timechamps
11/9/2012, 06:50 PM
guess I wouldn't call us CO...they beat OU.

Well, I don't think it mattered in 2010, and I'm sure all the guys that played on that didn't mind wearing the ring. 25 years from now, it won't matter that it was a "Co" Championship, it'll just be another Championship. But, I get what you're saying.

8timechamps
11/9/2012, 06:51 PM
The only rings we better produce are ring pops. And the players don't get to have them till after we win a stinkin' bowl game! :mad:

;)

As far as I know, they players have received championship rings for every conference championship, Co or not.

smooth3d
11/9/2012, 07:41 PM
Alabama already had their one scare game over with. I think they will destroy Texas A&M.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/9/2012, 08:29 PM
I dont think a&m is quite ready for Alabama. I figure after lester took bama to the edge, Saben will have them ready to play. And as much as i want someone to beat any of the mighty sec teams I hope it isnt a&m.AtM will get MOIDALIZED! Johnny football will have it stuffed into his mouth. Bammers 38-aTm's 10.

BANK IT, mofos!

8timechamps
11/9/2012, 09:05 PM
AtM will get MOIDALIZED! Johnny football will have it stuffed into his mouth. Bammers 38-aTm's 10.

BANK IT, mofos!

Your "bank it" cancels out my "bank it", now we're back to square one. I guess that means that Bama wins as predicted.

Peeb
11/9/2012, 10:02 PM
Stoops Doesn't believe in co- champions. Here was his quote before last years bedlam game:

"If Oklahoma wins, and No. 16 Kansas State (9-2, 6-2) also wins its regular season finale, there would be a three-way tie atop the Big 12 standings. According to league policy, the Sooners would get the BCS berth based on head-to-head matchups though all three teams would be declared cochampions. "Well, I don't really understand that," Stoops said, reiterating how the round-robin schedule was touted during the league's media days before the season. "The entire theme of the two days is, we've got one true champion since everybody's playing each other. ... So in our eyes, there will be one, and so that's just how I see it."

PS- speaking of Bedlam, the Sooners are highly likely to mortally crush the cowboys this year. Not looking forward to it, but as Mack Brown says, it is what it is.

BigTip
11/9/2012, 10:19 PM
. Not looking forward to it, but as Mack Brown says, it is what it is.

He's been having to say that a lot these days. lol

CowboyMRW
11/9/2012, 10:21 PM
You've gotta go with "Book It".

Bank it and all other words associated with it make the claim void.

11/10/2012, 12:22 AM
Your "bank it" cancels out my "bank it", now we're back to square one. I guess that means that Bama wins as predicted.BOOK IT, then!

TahoeSOONER
11/10/2012, 01:44 AM
After the big lsu flop, I can see Bama letting down and the fighting sumlins "keeping it close".

One year away

11/10/2012, 02:00 AM
After the big lsu flop, I can see Bama letting down and the fighting sumlins "keeping it close".

One year awayLassie will fold like a barking yorky vs a pack of polar bears.

swardboy
11/10/2012, 06:55 AM
Boston College OVER Nutter Dame.....BLESS IT!

cleller
11/10/2012, 09:31 AM
I have two for you:

BANK IT!*

To quote the Great and Powerful Oz, I think: Not no way, not no how.

That does depend on Klein playing, though.

yukonsooner
11/10/2012, 09:33 AM
Lassie will fold like a barking yorky vs a pack of polar bears.

My Yorkie take offense to this. She believes she can take on a pack of polar bears

11/10/2012, 11:13 AM
A&M will beat the cover, IRA it!

badger
11/10/2012, 12:14 PM
Well looks like kevin wilson and the hoosier loosiers arent gonna assume control of the b1g leaders division. Montee just scored aaaaaagain.

Ah well it was a nice thought. Indiana hoosiers: big ten leaders division champions 2012*

*the year psu and tosu were both ineligible

11/10/2012, 12:17 PM
My Yorkie take offense to this. She believes she can take on a pack of polar bearsEven the Benedictine Convent "B" team could beat the imposters from Lassie aggy. If the SEC, SEC, SEC begins to take lassie srsly, the eATMe recent fame will be ancient history. However, don't book nor bank it. aTm has a (so far) successful black coach and membership in the famous SEC, so I'm hoping for their demise, with OU's Texas HS recruiting in mind.

8timechamps
11/10/2012, 02:33 PM
Syracuse will upset Louisville, Convert it to foreign currency!

CowboyMRW
11/10/2012, 03:10 PM
Kansas is gashing Tech on the ground right now. I think that this would be the biggest upset of them all

rock on sooner
11/10/2012, 04:26 PM
8x is a psychic.....A7M up on Bama 21-zip...

rock on sooner
11/10/2012, 04:30 PM
8x is a psychic.....A7M up on Bama 21-zip...

Oops, 20 - zip...

colleyvillesooner
11/10/2012, 04:53 PM
Beware the jinx.

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2012, 05:23 PM
aTm is just a big tease.

MyT Oklahoma
11/10/2012, 07:19 PM
I have two for you:

BANK IT!*

We have a winner! You are one for one. In about four hours we will know if your right on both.

soonergirlNeugene
11/10/2012, 07:26 PM
How about next week's powerball numbers?

8timechamps
11/10/2012, 07:28 PM
If I can go two for two, it will be a good day for the Sooners!

StoopTroup
11/10/2012, 07:30 PM
Nice pic just on the aTm dropping on Bear's Grave. :D

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2012, 07:30 PM
aTm is just a big tease.

Sorry, aTm, I jumped the gun there.

Way to go fightin' Sumlins!

11/11/2012, 12:30 AM
Sorry, aTm, I jumped the gun there.

Way to go fightin' Sumlins!wow! SHOCKER TO ME, TOO. Apologies to the Lassies, and Johnny Football. Looks like aTm is poised to be quite the competition in recruiting tx, now more than ever.

picasso
11/11/2012, 12:59 AM
The aTm QB is a weasel.

11/11/2012, 01:09 AM
The aTm QB is a weasel.Do you mean that in a good way?

StoopTroup
11/11/2012, 01:11 AM
No way I'm apologizing to those Conference jumpers. Their crying about ut and running from a bitter Rivalry was to much for me to stomach.

picasso
11/11/2012, 01:17 AM
Do you mean that in a good way?

Yes, I did.:pride:

VA Sooner
11/11/2012, 11:00 AM
Good game by the Aggies... who is this Johnny Manziel and where the heck did he come from?

cleller
11/11/2012, 11:10 AM
Good call on the upset, gotta eat half a crow, I guess.

11/11/2012, 12:55 PM
Lassie is primed for some superb recruiting, with a Tx location, a black coach who is a good coach, and membership in the powa conference, SEC, SEC, SEC, etc...

CowboyMRW
11/11/2012, 01:54 PM
That win by aTm might be a great thing for the rest of CFB in the way that I think it's going to change some coaching philosophies in the SEC, in that they may and try going to a spread/hurry up, especially if aTm can continue to win and be competitive.

I guess this is what happens when a team doesn't get over a month to prepare for a great offense.

bluedogok
11/11/2012, 03:10 PM
Good game by the Aggies... who is this Johnny Manziel and where the heck did he come from?
A redshirt freshman from Kerrville-Tivy, a town on I-10 west of San Antonio and Austin. I heard a little bit about him when I lived in Austin but I he didn't seem to be one of the big name recruits in Central Texas.

CowboyMRW
11/11/2012, 03:13 PM
A redshirt freshman from Kerrville-Tivy, a town on I-10 west of San Antonio and Austin. I heard a little bit about him when I lived in Austin but I he didn't seem to be one of the big name recruits in Central Texas.

Rivals had him ranked as the 97th best QB in his class.

Originally committed to Oregon before switching late in the process.

Arrested this summer for having 6 fake IDs on him and for beating up an old black guy, hence the references to Johnny Nazi upon others.

8timechamps
11/11/2012, 03:38 PM

Arrested this summer for having 6 fake IDs on him and for beating up an old black guy, hence the references to Johnny Nazi upon others.

Sounds like a perfect fit for the SEC.

11/11/2012, 04:44 PM

Arrested this summer for having 6 fake IDs on him and for beating up an old black guy, hence the references to Johnny Nazi upon others.He musta sworn he would vote for one particular party, in order to have all that Shi* thrown out?!?!