PDA

View Full Version : BHO supporters...now what do YOU expect?

ouwasp
11/7/2012, 12:45 PM
Since the Prez no longer has to worry about electioneering, will he move more toward the center, like Clinton?

So how do you see things evolving in DC? Some actual reaching across the aisle? Or just more gridlock?

Do you think the unemployment rate will drop below 7% in the next couple years? Why?

Trying to see some reason for optimism today.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/7/2012, 12:52 PM
I expect him to double down and move further to the left than he was. There is already speculation of a carbon tax scheme to try to balance the budget. More tax and more intrusion on your life in medicine by the gubment. I wouldn't be surprised to see some more gun restriction laws tried to be passed.

Mississippi Sooner
11/7/2012, 01:11 PM
To me, we woke up this morning and it was the same as it ever was. I see nothing but gridlock, at least for the next two years. Welcome to the Recession of 2013.

badger
11/7/2012, 01:26 PM
To me, we woke up this morning and it was the same as it ever was. I see nothing but gridlock, at least for the next two years. Welcome to the Recession of 2013.

It might have happened anyway, thanks to Europe.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/7/2012, 01:32 PM
I hope he can move to the center like Clinton, if he wants to get much of anything done I think he has to with a gridlocked congress. I hope he finally gets Gitmo closed down, makes some progress on unemployment and student loan issues.

East Coast Bias
11/7/2012, 01:36 PM
Pretty sure he still won't close gitmo,push through a single-payer system but i would expect him to use his political currency to push for compromise on the deficit. It's clear there is support for increasing the tax contribution from the wealthy,despite the pre-election rant from boehner. The American people want us to put differences aside and get this solved. Interesting that the Pubs are lining up already to oppose this. Getting the deficit down and moving forward with the ACA are huge....

TheHumanAlphabet
11/7/2012, 01:38 PM
Wait until you see how far down the income ladder that rich extra tax contribution goes.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/7/2012, 01:45 PM
More moratoriums in the Gulf.

Skysooner
11/7/2012, 01:50 PM
More moratoriums in the Gulf.

I'm actually okay with this and for a sensible reason. We are about to see a glut of oil in this country. It is already showing up in the Brent to WTI differential spread. Oil prices are posed to come down significantly which would then hamper the ability to fully develop more reserves. There is a fine line on oil and gas price below which most development stops and above which development goes on. There is also the issue of it being too high causing oversupply issues, etc. We need $60-$70 per barrel oil to keep the drilling rigs going and the petroleum jobs up. This is especially important in Oklahoma where the Mississippian, Hunton and Woodford plays continue to expand.

TitoMorelli
11/7/2012, 01:58 PM
Good point, Sky. Of course, the industry could also play a major role in regulating prices simply by declining to drill the crap out of everything its manages to get leased. No one to blame for the sorry ng prices but themselves, imo.

Edit: I realize that the above is simplistic, and doesn't take into account national and global industrial activity. It does seem to be more common these days, though, for petroleum companies to drill and hold everything they can, even if they have to shut it in for long periods of time, instead of letting leases expire. And that hurts those who do most of the companies' research and exploration on a contract basis.

badger
11/7/2012, 02:05 PM
Wait until you see how far down the income ladder that rich extra tax contribution goes.

It'll effect the coastal states more than us Heartlanders, thanks to our lower incomes and lower cost of living here.

There is hope for college students though, as he at least championed an effort to crack down on for-profit higher ed places making tons of money off taxpayers.

Skysooner
11/7/2012, 02:09 PM
Good point, Sky. Of course, the industry could also play a major role in regulating prices simply by declining to drill the crap out of everything its manages to get leased. No one to blame for the sorry ng prices but themselves, imo.

Edit: I realize that the above is simplistic, and doesn't take into account national and global industrial activity. It does seem to be more common these days, though, for petroleum companies to drill and hold everything they can, even if they have to shut it in for long periods of time, instead of letting leases expire. And that hurts those who do most of the companies' research and exploration on a contract basis.

Totally agree on that too. Our gas production is still inclining and that is with a huge reduction in rigs drilling natural gas directly. Canada has some sensible and not so sensible leasing rules. They get very long-term leases that allows a company to drill a project up completely, lower costs and not overdevelop. On the other hand, longer leases disenfranchise the mineral owner as a company can hold it for years.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/7/2012, 02:38 PM
Pretty sure his proposal for the brackets are:
35% -> 39.4% ($338k+)
33% -> 36% ($178-338k)
28% -> 25%($85-178k)
15% -> same ($8-35K)
10% -> same (<$8k)

at least thats what fox business says

SoonerFrog
11/8/2012, 04:21 PM
I expect Harry Reid to remove the filibuster under all but the most extreme circumstances, to put a halt to GOP obstructionism. I then expect ObamaCare to become fully implemented, Social Security to become full funded (regardless of what it costs), the military to be shrunken to pay off the national debt, and unemployment to fall to about 3% once the tax plan in SouthCarolinaSooner's post above is implemented. The gap between the rich and the poor will shrink, the economy will grow, and everyone will be better off. Just as it could have been in 2011 if Mitch McConnell never existed.

TitoMorelli
11/8/2012, 04:25 PM
I expect Harry Reid to remove the filibuster under all but the most extreme circumstances, to put a halt to GOP obstructionism. I then expect ObamaCare to become fully implemented, Social Security to become full funded (regardless of what it costs), the military to be shrunken to pay off the national debt, and unemployment to fall to about 3% once the tax plan in SouthCarolinaSooner's post above is implemented. The gap between the rich and the poor will shrink, the economy will grow, and everyone will be better off. Just as it could have been in 2011 if Mitch McConnell never existed.

TRTkCHE1sS4

SoonerFrog
11/8/2012, 04:30 PM
Hell, yeah, I want it now. Tired of waiting for the Jesusland to catch up with the rest of us! Red-ink Ronald was elected 32 years ago and there's been a lot of oppression and misery since. Gotta make up for lost time!

okie52
11/8/2012, 04:40 PM
I'm actually okay with this and for a sensible reason. We are about to see a glut of oil in this country. It is already showing up in the Brent to WTI differential spread. Oil prices are posed to come down significantly which would then hamper the ability to fully develop more reserves. There is a fine line on oil and gas price below which most development stops and above which development goes on. There is also the issue of it being too high causing oversupply issues, etc. We need $60-$70 per barrel oil to keep the drilling rigs going and the petroleum jobs up. This is especially important in Oklahoma where the Mississippian, Hunton and Woodford plays continue to expand.

Well I'm okay if Obama shuts in the Marcellus but that doesn't mean it's what is best for the country. How are we going to get energy independence with arbitrary barriers placed in front of exploration?

We have to grow domestic production by 4,000,000 barrels a day to eliminate opec and ME oil. We have to grow it 10,000,000 barrels a day to eliminate oil imports. Now its fine by me if we switch a large segment of transportation to NG and thereby reduce oil consumption but that's not what I'm hearing you say.

There's still an international market for oil even though there are some exporting barriers. By the way, unless I've missed it, there has been a big difference between Brentwood to WTI for quite some time.

rock on sooner
11/8/2012, 04:44 PM
35% -> 39.4% ($338k+)
33% -> 36% ($178-338k)
28% -> 25%($85-178k)
15% -> same ($8-35K)
10% -> same (<$8k)

Aren't these brackets about like what Clinton had? Too lazy
to look it up.

5thYearSooner
11/8/2012, 04:45 PM
35% -> 39.4% ($338k+)
33% -> 36% ($178-338k)
28% -> 25%($85-178k)
15% -> same ($8-35K)
10% -> same (<$8k)

May be Badger can start a poll to see what income range most of SF folks belong.

rock on sooner
11/8/2012, 04:47 PM

gimme a double shot of what he's drinkin, cept I don't think unemployment
will ever drop below 5.2-5.3%...and, if only McConnell was just a bad dream...

okiewaker
11/8/2012, 04:47 PM
Dang,,,I don't fall in any of this income brackets.

JohnnyMack
11/8/2012, 04:48 PM
35% -> 39.4% ($338k+)
33% -> 36% ($178-338k)
28% -> 25%($85-178k)
15% -> same ($8-35K)
10% -> same (<$8k)

XTR's head will explode. He'll have to sell his "Days of the Week Lamborghini's."

DrZaius
11/8/2012, 09:07 PM
gimme a double shot of what he's drinkin, cept I don't think unemployment
will ever drop below 5.2-5.3%...and, if only McConnell was just a bad dream...

True....It has been well over a decade since it has been below about 4.2

EnragedOUfan
11/8/2012, 10:24 PM
I expect things to get better, that's for sure. When and if the tax changes happen, the deficit will go down, its simple math people............

Obamacare is what will be interesting. If it's a success (which I think it will be as the preexisting conditions thing is great), its a win for the Democrats. If it fails, it will cost the Democrats in 2016.

Afghanistan will slowly come to an end...

soonercruiser
11/8/2012, 11:00 PM

DUH!
No new refineriers in 20 years???!!!!
Yah! We gonna start using staright oil in our cars!
:cower:

soonercruiser
11/8/2012, 11:04 PM
I predict that Obama will go on a lot more "official" vacations on the tax-payer dole, and blame everyone elsefor nothing getting done.
He will have plenty of "candy" ideas; and leave it to Harry to screw it up!
There will be no leadership from him personally.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2012, 11:54 PM
35% -> 39.4% ($338k+)
33% -> 36% ($178-338k)
28% -> 25%($85-178k)
15% -> same ($8-35K)
10% -> same (<$8k)

but, but, but...anyone under $250,000 a year wasn't supposed to see a tax increase...

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2012, 11:56 PM

So what alternate universe do you reside in. Like this will ever happen...

hawaii 5-0
11/8/2012, 11:59 PM
I expect Candy and Nuts.

Then I'll have a nice day.

5-0

BigTip
11/9/2012, 12:07 AM

LOL LOL LOL

Good one!

Oh wait, you might be serious.

I hope you are right. I hope Landry is drafted #1 too.

TAFBSooner
11/9/2012, 12:11 AM
I expect him to double down and move further to the left than he was. There is already speculation of a carbon tax scheme to try to balance the budget. More tax and more intrusion on your life in medicine by the gubment. I wouldn't be surprised to see some more gun restriction laws tried to be passed.

MORE gun restriction laws? Obama hasn't pushed or passed any gun restrictions, and has actually increased gun rights marginally. This is not evidence of an impending gun grab.

hawaii 5-0
11/9/2012, 12:23 AM
I expect Dlck Cheney to go hunting with Ted Nugent and Karl 'Elmer Fudd' Rove.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
11/9/2012, 12:25 AM
MORE gun restriction laws? Obama hasn't pushed or passed any gun restrictions, and has actually increased gun rights marginally. This is not evidence of an impending gun grab.

There never was. Romney was the ONLY candidate that passed gun legislation.

Just another big lie.

5-0

LosAngelesSooner
11/9/2012, 12:37 AM
Obama already HAS been working from the center. He's a 1980's Republican.

BigTip
11/9/2012, 12:42 AM
Obama already HAS been working from the center. He's a 1980's Republican.

Yup, he and ol' Ron...two peas in a pod.

(we really, really, need a rolls eyes smilie.)

rainiersooner
11/9/2012, 01:11 PM
I expect more pure comic gold from that idiot triumvirate of Beck, Limbaugh and Hannitty. I would have missed out on it if Obama lost.