PDA

View Full Version : A Left of Center suggestion...

rock on sooner
11/7/2012, 10:31 AM
I read through several of the threads about last night's result and saw
a lot doom and gloom, Pub civil war and the like but didn't read much
about what to do.

Most on the board are Pubs, right of center and libertarian so here's my
suggestion: Get in contact with you Congressional representative and
encourage them to think seriously about the issues facing the country
and craft SENSIBLE give and take propositions about spending, spending
cuts, tax reform and tax increases. Then, with sensible idea in hand
reach out to an opposite party member and craft bipartisan solutions
and bring those solutions to the floor of the House and debate them.
Good will come of it, the public will see the efforts and slowly come to
trust this do-nothing Congress more than the current 88% negatives
show.

Don't need or want flames or BS, looking for ways to start to fix what
ails the country.

Besides all that, this forum doesn't have to be renamed!

Curly Bill
11/7/2012, 10:34 AM
Ima let my house member know it's his job to stand firm against Obammy and the donk controlled senate.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/7/2012, 10:45 AM
The pubs just didn't eat enough chick-fil-a's to solve their problems.

sappstuf
11/7/2012, 10:47 AM
I read through several of the threads about last night's result and saw
a lot doom and gloom, Pub civil war and the like but didn't read much
about what to do.

Most on the board are Pubs, right of center and libertarian so here's my
suggestion: Get in contact with you Congressional representative and
encourage them to think seriously about the issues facing the country
and craft SENSIBLE give and take propositions about spending, spending
cuts, tax reform and tax increases. Then, with sensible idea in hand
reach out to an opposite party member and craft bipartisan solutions
and bring those solutions to the floor of the House and debate them.
Good will come of it, the public will see the efforts and slowly come to
trust this do-nothing Congress more than the current 88% negatives
show.

Don't need or want flames or BS, looking for ways to start to fix what
ails the country.

Besides all that, this forum doesn't have to be renamed!

Nothing has gotten done and the public just invited the same players back to the table... I'm not sure I expect anything much to happen as we race towards fiscal oblivion.

rock on sooner
11/7/2012, 10:50 AM
Nothing has gotten done and the public just invited the same players back to the table... I'm not sure I expect anything much to happen as we race towards fiscal oblivion.

Ya know, you're right, unless enough constituents voice opinions to the
reps to knock off the gridlock crap and do the people's business.

sappstuf
11/7/2012, 10:55 AM
They just did voice their opinions.

ouwasp
11/7/2012, 10:56 AM
The Electorate voted for a Nanny State last night, but nobody has a mechanism in place to pay for it...

It is Doom and Gloom. Is BHO going to compromise with a GOP House?

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/7/2012, 11:26 AM
SEE, THE LIBS ALWAYS TALK ABOUT "MEETING HALF WAY" BUT IN ACTUALITY, IT'S MORE LIKE " COME ALL THE WAY TO ME SO WE CAN PASS MY AGENDAS"

OUR COUNTRY HAS CHANGED FROM A LAND OF HARD WORK, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPONSABILITY AND SELF RESPECT, TO A NATION OF PANSY ASSED TAKERS, WHO ALL WANT TROPHIES JUST FOR WAKING UP IN THE MORNING. IF IT WASN'T, EXPLAIN WHY A PRESIDENT JUST GEOT RELECTED WITH THE ECONOMY AND UNEMPLOYMENT THE WAY IT IS. B/C THEY DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT THE REAL PROBLEMS LIKE OUR DEBT, AND THE IMPACT IT WILL HAVE ON OUR CHILDREN, AND THEIR CHILDREN. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS, "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FOR ME TODAY?". DEM'S LOVE THEM SOME JFK...BUT I THINK HIS FAMOUS WORDS NO LONGER RESONATE. ITS NOW " ASK WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU"

YOU GET WHAT YOU DESREVE. I HOPE ALL YOU oBAMA LOVERS
FIND THAT IT WAS WORTH IT.

CONGRATULATIONS. ENJOY YOUR ****ING TROPHIES, I'M GOING HUNTING

rock on sooner
11/7/2012, 11:45 AM
SEE, THE LIBS ALWAYS TALK ABOUT "MEETING HALF WAY" BUT IN ACTUALITY, IT'S MORE LIKE " COME ALL THE WAY TO ME SO WE CAN PASS MY AGENDAS"

OUR COUNTRY HAS CHANGED FROM A LAND OF HARD WORK, ACCOUNTABILITY, RESPONSABILITY AND SELF RESPECT, TO A NATION OF PANSY ASSED TAKERS, WHO ALL WANT TROPHIES JUST FOR WAKING UP IN THE MORNING. IF IT WASN'T, EXPLAIN WHY A PRESIDENT JUST GEOT RELECTED WITH THE ECONOMY AND UNEMPLOYMENT THE WAY IT IS. B/C THEY DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT THE REAL PROBLEMS LIKE OUR DEBT, AND THE IMPACT IT WILL HAVE ON OUR CHILDREN, AND THEIR CHILDREN. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS, "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FOR ME TODAY?". DEM'S LOVE THEM SOME JFK...BUT I THINK HIS FAMOUS WORDS NO LONGER RESONATE. ITS NOW " ASK WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU"

Be sure to wear blaze orange...

XingTheRubicon
11/7/2012, 12:21 PM

**** YEAH!

FaninAma
11/7/2012, 12:28 PM
Ya know, you're right, unless enough constituents voice opinions to the
reps to knock off the gridlock crap and do the people's business.

I didn't vote for them to go to Washington and cave in to things I don't agree with. I am of the personal opinion that I would rather be in the minority permanently than compromise thus allowing the progressives to be in power and ride their ill thought-out programs down to the ultimate melt down coming this way. In fact, if the GOP stays the minority party it will happen even faster which is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

The dems just want enough Republican participation so they can have a scapegoat like they did with the housing crisis in 2008. F' em.

East Coast Bias
11/7/2012, 02:57 PM
Excellent post and suggestion Rock.Sensible compromise is what we need. You won't get much support from this group, they are too busy playing chicken little and whining about the loss. Boehner started the obstruction talk the day before the election and that promises to continue. Remember the debates where no one would agree to a $1 tax increase for $100 in deficit cuts? Yet Dem's won't compromise?

The Dem's want a revenue increase (for the wealthy) to go with the cuts and are willing to put entitlements and most everything else on the table. I believe the President will compromise and the public wants this. Will the Pubs continue to push us toward a melt-down? I hope they are okay with the automatic cuts, I am.Let's hope they come to their senses after the whining is over and they get over the butt-hurt...

Soonerjeepman
11/7/2012, 03:26 PM
The Electorate voted for a Nanny State last night, but nobody has a mechanism in place to pay for it...

It is Doom and Gloom. Is BHO going to compromise with a GOP House?

no ****...it's funny how it's the GOP's responsibility to compromise...obamma didn't the last 2 yrs. I'd bet if Romney won you'd be singin a different tune.