PDA

View Full Version : Who is doing well in Greece?

OU68
11/7/2012, 09:13 AM
And what are they doing. I need a strategy for the next four years. Thanks for you advice.

Monster Zero
11/7/2012, 09:21 AM
I would have some advice to offer but I have the same question. The answer I get back to for myself involves for starters, a time machine and the year 2000 or so.

If someone brings you a time machine, please let me know and I'll look forward to doing some brainstorming with you.

hawaii 5-0
11/7/2012, 10:11 AM
I believe Joe Bonamassa lives in Greece.

He's doing very well.

5-0

badger
11/7/2012, 10:15 AM
I've read despite the dire economic situations, they're still managing to give out free healthcare. However, medical supplies are scarce and the hospital's personnel have not been paid in months (and have a sign on the door to that effect, begging patients to be... well, patient!).

If anyone seems to have secure employment, it's the riot geared police officers.

Greece wouldn't be doing as badly as they were if they weren't on the Euro, IMHO.

pphilfran
11/7/2012, 11:26 AM
Greece is in deep chit...hell, the entire Eurozone is in deep chit...our stock market is down 300 today because Europe growth continues to slow...Germany, the Euro machine is sputtering,. in fact they may contract this quarter after miserable growth the first two quarters (point five and point three percent)..

Add in a slowing China the world economy could be in serious trouble...and that doesn't bode well for the US...

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/7/2012, 11:30 AM
Maybe the Mayans had it right..dec 12th is just over a month away.....;)

FaninAma
11/7/2012, 09:39 PM
Any progressives care to way in on this issue? I am sure Greece is in trouble because they don't tax their citizens enough. But what is happening there could never happen here....right?

As far as financial investments for the looming financial clift I recommend bonds or cash but be very aware of what the central banks are doing. Be ready to make a quick pivot into commodities if they get even more aggressive with QE programs.

BTW, the volatility ETF I am in went up almost 10% today.

SCOUT
11/7/2012, 10:32 PM
So, the election is over and political grandstanding can be set to the side. No re-election to worry about. What will the administration do to ensure that we don't follow the same path as Greece?

diverdog
11/7/2012, 10:39 PM
Any progressives care to way in on this issue? I am sure Greece is in trouble because they don't tax their citizens enough. But what is happening there could never happen here....right?

As far as financial investments for the looming financial clift I recommendd bonds or cash but be very aware of what the central banks are doing. Be ready to make a quick pivot into commodities if they get even more aggressive with QE programs.

BTW, the volatility ETF I am in went up almost 10% today.

Good grief. We are nowhere near as bad off as Greece. Move back to Clinton era tax rates, bump up the age for SS, cut back on the military, tweak welfare and grow the economy at around 3% and we will be okay. And yes we can tax a whole lot more.

FaninAma
11/7/2012, 10:45 PM
Good grief. We are nowhere near as bad off as Greece. Move back to Clinton era tax rates, bump up the age for SS, cut back on the military, tweak welfare and grow the economy at around 3% and we will be okay. And yes we can tax a whole lot more.

Keep telling yourself that.
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/post-election-sell-off-obama-says-peter-schiff-193319517.html

diverdog
11/7/2012, 11:18 PM
Keep telling yourself that.
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/post-election-sell-off-obama-says-peter-schiff-193319517.html

You are such a doom and gloom poster. One day does not make the market. In case you have not noticed the market has doubled under Obama.

As for Greece you cannot compare their situation to ours. It ain't even close.

SCOUT
11/7/2012, 11:33 PM
I remember being one of the posters who called Fan a doom and gloom poster a while back. I learned my lesson. He was WAY more right than most everyone else.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/8/2012, 01:24 AM
Greece is in deep chit...hell, the entire Eurozone is in deep chit...our stock market is down today because Europe growth continues to slow...Germany, the Euro machine is sputtering,. in fact they may contract this quarter after miserable growth the first two quarters (point five and point three percent)..

Add in a slowing China the world economy could be in serious trouble...and that doesn't bode well for the US... yeah, rest assured our bonehead election has had no bearing on the stock market. haha