PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know If Arkie

olevetonahill
11/7/2012, 12:21 AM
Passed that medical MaryJane law?

Hell I may just move over there and stay Smoked out fer the next 4 years :highly_amused:

StoopTroup
11/7/2012, 12:26 AM
Better just move back to California....

With 44 percent of the vote counted, the medical marijuana initiative was failing, 48 percent for to 52 percent against.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/nov/06/medical-marijuana-going-down-in-flames-in/

StoopTroup
11/7/2012, 12:37 AM
However...Colorado just passed it 53 to 47%.

bluedogok
11/7/2012, 12:49 AM
We already had medical marijuana, there are dispensaries all over Denver. Amendment 64 was passed to allow marijuana to be regulated like alcohol, no medical marijuana card necessary, you just need to be 21 years old. It decriminalizes possession of less than an ounce (under state law, federal law is a completely different issue) by anyone over 21 years of age. So in effect, a dispensary can act in the same manner as a liquor store, slated to go into effect 30 days after the vote is certified.

olevetonahill
11/7/2012, 12:54 AM
We already had medical marijuana, there are dispensaries all over Denver. Amendment 64 was passed to allow marijuana to be regulated like alcohol, no medical marijuana card necessary, you just need to be 21 years old. It decriminalizes possession of less than an ounce (under state law, federal law is a completely different issue) by anyone over 21 years of age. So in effect, a dispensary can act in the same manner as a liquor store, slated to go into effect 30 days after the vote is certified.

Yea But I dont wanta Move to CO. Arkisaw was votin on it today , That border is only like 20 miles er so as the Crow flys

StoopTroup
11/7/2012, 12:55 AM

I was thinking that but just saw results flash on the TV Screen about Colorado right after I posted the Arkansas Thread. They went on to say the law was going to be challenged by the State Courts which makes what you are saying even more weird as California Dispensaries didn't have many problems unless they were raided by the Feds. The way things seem to be in Colorado...it seems that State Law Enforcement might not bust Denver Dispensaries but would in other cities or towns?

bluedogok
11/7/2012, 01:16 AM
There are dispensaries all over the state, kind of like liquor laws cities can "opt out" of allowing dispensaries. Since it is a state law, a city/county prosecutor can not file state possession charges if you have a medical marijuana card and possession under the prescribed limits. The feds could still press charges if they so desire so it really has become somewhat of a gray area for the law enforcement community if you are a card holder, currently not being a card holder could still get you charged with possession.

The feds have been sending letters to dispensaries that were less than a 1,000 feet from schools, so those have closed down or faced enforcement by the feds. They interviewed the governor (who was against it) about it tonight and he said they will have to work with the feds to try and come to some sort of agreement on the contradictions between the state and federal laws. The Colorado medical marijuana dispensaries operate under a much stricter set of regulations than the California dispensaries typically have, one of the reasons why the feds have gone after California dispensaries much harder than they have here yet.

badger
11/7/2012, 01:11 PM
Aren't there also really strict laws where you can smoke it and how much you can possess at any given time?

Skysooner
11/7/2012, 01:36 PM
Aren't there also really strict laws where you can smoke it and how much you can possess at any given time?

Yes, you can't smoke it in public although they used to have this huge smoke-in at CU-Boulder that got cut the last year or so due to "budgetary problems in providing police protection". I believe you can only have an ounce on you, so I would presume that is the buy limit. The other big problem is that companies like mine are still subject to federal law, so a failed drug test means instant firing. Not that I smoke it anyway, but it is a big convoluted mess right now.

TUSooner
11/7/2012, 01:45 PM
If it had passed, OK would have had to widen and repave the eastern half of I-40.

badger
11/7/2012, 02:03 PM
The other big problem is that companies like mine are still subject to federal law, so a failed drug test means instant firing. Not that I smoke it anyway, but it is a big convoluted mess right now.

Meh, there's also companies that fire smokers (tobacco), even if smoking is and always has been legal. I wonder if smoking marijuana would jack with your health insurance rates the way smoking tobacco does?

I am not that educated on marijuana. All I know is that it's illegal and that I've never knowingly smoked it

Skysooner
11/7/2012, 02:21 PM
Meh, there's also companies that fire smokers (tobacco), even if smoking is and always has been legal. I wonder if smoking marijuana would jack with your health insurance rates the way smoking tobacco does?

I am not that educated on marijuana. All I know is that it's illegal and that I've never knowingly smoked it

There was a thread not that long ago on this. I'm okay with staying out of people's lives, but marijuana has long-term effects on people. One young woman I talked with recently said that while she smoked pot it was easy not to do anything about her tough situation (out of work, single mother). Once she got off of it, she had more energy to do what needed to be done.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/7/2012, 02:41 PM
Estimated to hit the cartels by $3.1bn annually (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/10/31/mexican-think-tank-says-colorado-washington-oregon-pot-legalization-would-cut/)