PDA

View Full Version : Election over. Next!

TAFBSooner
11/6/2012, 11:38 PM
Two weeks to solve, or punt on, the fiscal cliff.

Predictions?

hawaii 5-0
11/7/2012, 12:51 AM
I don't know the specifics but I recall that there will be a power move by Obama to let sequestration take place. BTW, I thought it was in January.

With sequestion, tax cuts will dissolve and will free the Republicans from Grover Norquist's Pledge.

It will also cut some fat from the bloated military budget.

Hopefully there will be some compromise to prevent a major dip, but I predict there will be some kind of downturn.

5-0

StoopTroup
11/7/2012, 01:02 AM
I hope we can see more pressure get ramped up on getting Iran to give in on their Nuclear Weapons Program.

sappstuf
11/7/2012, 01:04 AM
Taxmeggadon hits January 1st as well.

StoopTroup
11/7/2012, 01:08 AM
I'm looking forward to Mitt getting his hands dirty and get back involved in the private sector and start hiring some American's for real jobs. Especially that guy in the 1st Debate.

Also...I hope Ann Romney is OK. I was concerned that she was ill. Looking at her tonight after Mitt's concession speech....she looks ill. I don't mean ill because of a very long battle ending in defeat. I mean that she is seriously ill. I hope she's not but it really seemed like they really were helping her along a lot of times. I hope I'm wrong and that she just needs some time off and maybe get back Home at relax.

MamaMia
11/7/2012, 01:27 AM
We need to brush up on our future ObamaCare plans. It couldn't possibly be any worse or more expensive than my medical plan has gotten since that bill passed .

MamaMia
11/7/2012, 01:30 AM
I'm looking forward to Mitt getting his hands dirty and get back involved in the private sector and start hiring some American's for real jobs. Especially that guy in the 1st Debate.

Also...I hope Ann Romney is OK. I was concerned that she was ill. Looking at her tonight after Mitt's concession speech....she looks ill. I don't mean ill because of a very long battle ending in defeat. I mean that she is seriously ill. I hope she's not but it really seemed like they really were helping her along a lot of times. I hope I'm wrong and that she just needs some time off and maybe get back Home at relax.I thought she looked totally exhausted and overwhelmed. I know how that feels. I have been exhausted and overwhelmed for a couple of months now.

cleller
11/7/2012, 07:47 AM
We need to brush up on our future ObamaCare plans. It couldn't possibly be any worse or more expensive than my medical plan has gotten since that bill passed .

That's what I've been thinking, but that may be overly optimistic. Insurance has been bad for awhile, but the last three years? Ouch.

Midtowner
11/7/2012, 07:53 AM

Since you're covered, your coverage and plan probably won't change at all.

FirstandGoal
11/7/2012, 08:05 AM

As a health care provider this scares the beezus out of me.

Oh, it can get worse. Much, much worse.

Soonerjeepman
11/7/2012, 08:09 AM
F/G...what's your take...?

My simple thought is SOMEONE has to pay for all that...the gov who then gives us the bill? yes?

Bourbon St Sooner
11/7/2012, 09:18 AM
The media hand wringing over the fiscal cliff is completely overblown. Since this was a status quo election, I hope that gridlock will prevail and we'll start to restore some fiscal sanity. It may bring a short term downturn, but will restore confidence in the long run. Unlimited QE is not working, except to inflate commodities and Wall St profits.

FirstandGoal
11/7/2012, 03:55 PM
F/G...what's your take...?

My simple thought is SOMEONE has to pay for all that...the gov who then gives us the bill? yes?

This is only the tip of the iceberg....

ouwasp
11/7/2012, 03:59 PM
A Nation of Children elected Santa Claus..........who says anything needs to get paid for?

KABOOKIE
11/7/2012, 04:03 PM
I'm not worried at all. We need to spend as much as possible on every single social, gov't and military program. The rich will pay their fare share now that Obama is back for round 2. He will make sure of it. This country is too big to fail.

OULenexaman
11/7/2012, 04:28 PM
A Nation of Children elected Santa Claus..........who says anything needs to get paid for? you were listening to Rush today.:surprise:

OULenexaman
11/7/2012, 04:35 PM
Since you're covered, your coverage and plan probably won't change at all. That is complete BS.....Oct.1 I seen many changes in RX coverages......some of my prescriptions have moved up to the highest tier.....meaning I'm paying 20 to 30 bucks more each time on refills.....all with no notice of the tier changes coming and what they were going to be on from the provider what so ever.:mad:

MamaMia
11/7/2012, 04:43 PM
As a health care provider this scares the beezus out of me.

Oh, it can get worse. Much, much worse.
My premium has already gotten over 30% higher and the copays have gone up. The out of pocket went from 500.00 to 2000.00 and ER visits, ambulance service, and some other things have been chopped. My prescriptions are so bad, I'm on the phone with them every week. They will only pay for 21 Zofrans a month now. It use to be 4 a day.

KABOOKIE
11/7/2012, 04:43 PM

That is complete BS.....Oct.1 I seen many changes in RX coverages......some of my prescriptions have moved up to the highest tier.....meaning I'm paying 20 to 30 bucks more each time on refills.....all with no notice of the tier changes coming and what they were going to be on from the provider what so ever.:mad:

Absolutley agree on the BS call. My coverage has gone up, there are new "fees" and "penalties" that are now assoiciated with and is 10X more complicated than before. Affordale Heath Care Act should be titled "Hey loosers free health care, Hey wage earners pay up you rich ****s"

FirstandGoal
11/7/2012, 05:08 PM
My premium has already gotten over 30% higher and the copays have gone up. The out of pocket went from 500.00 to 2000.00 and ER visits, ambulance service, and some other things have been chopped. My prescriptions are so bad, I'm on the phone with them every week. They will only pay for 21 Zofrans a month now. It use to be 4 a day.

That is complete BS.....Oct.1 I seen many changes in RX coverages......some of my prescriptions have moved up to the highest tier.....meaning I'm paying 20 to 30 bucks more each time on refills.....all with no notice of the tier changes coming and what they were going to be on from the provider what so ever.:mad:

Absolutley agree on the BS call. My coverage has gone up, there are new "fees" and "penalties" that are now assoiciated with and is 10X more complicated than before. Affordale Heath Care Act should be titled "Hey loosers free health care, Hey wage earners pay up you rich ****s"

This is absolutely true. I'm a pharmacist and I'm in the trenches every day trying to keep from being buried by the impending avalanche. I probably spend at least a THIRD of my day trying to navigate insurance problems instead of actually waiting on customers and trying to be a health care professional. What's funny is the dumb asses who stand there and yell at ME because their iinsurance has changed. If I didn't know I would lose my job over it, I would hold up a sign saying "Quit bitching to me about your insurance, I didn't vote for Obama." every time this happens.

Sadly the best insurance plans on the planet right now are federal and state programs. Federal Blue Cross and Tricare are the holy grail. If you have both of these consider yourself as lucky as a lottery winner and DO NOT EVER give it up willingly. Oklahoma medicaid is a really great plan as well, but you have to try harder to get on that. :triumphant:
For the rest of us dumb shmucks who choose to go out and earn a living, its going to start sucking worse and worse.

Mama, you need to find an independent pharmacy in your hometown and ask them their price of Zofran without billing to your insurance. I think you'll be surprised when you see how cheap it can be in the generic.

OULenexaman
11/7/2012, 05:22 PM
But if they don't tell you about the changes I have no choice but to be that dumb a$$ yelling at you.....

FirstandGoal
11/7/2012, 05:33 PM
But if they don't tell you about the changes I have no choice but to be that dumb a$$ yelling at you.....

So why assume it was me who single-handedly changed your copay? LOL, I wish I had that kind of power....

FaninAma
11/7/2012, 06:20 PM
I've called Tom Cole, John Boehner and Eddie Cantor's office encouraging them to not back down on the tax issues. I am in favor of going over the fiscal cliff. Elections have consequences and children don't learn any lessons from errors in judgement if you don't allow the consequences to occur.

Besides, the GOP can't out liberal the Democrats and compromise would not really get them any new votes. The only thing the short-sighted voters that support the Democrats understand is pain and if we follow Europe off the cliff they will throw a temper tantrum like the spoiled brats they are.

FaninAma
11/7/2012, 06:26 PM

You have no idea. A lot of companies, especially smaller companies, will drop employee health coverage. Those that work at larger companies will probably keep their coverage but the cost WILL go up due to the new coverage mandates. Your impression of what the new healthcare law will do is exactly the type of reply I would expect from a progressive who has no idea what the consequences are of the feel-good legislation he supports.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/8/2012, 11:00 AM
I've called Tom Cole, John Boehner and Eddie Cantor's office encouraging them to not back down on the tax issues. I am in favor of going over the fiscal cliff. Elections have consequences and children don't learn any lessons from errors in judgement if you don't allow the consequences to occur.

Besides, the GOP can't out liberal the Democrats and compromise would not really get them any new votes. The only thing the short-sighted voters that support the Democrats understand is pain and if we follow Europe off the cliff they will throw a temper tantrum like the spoiled brats they are.

I've always said, raise taxes and let people find out how much these programs really cost. Since we currently only fund about 60% of gov't spending through tax receipts, people aren't getting to experience the full pain involved

Remember that the Bush tax cuts only helped the rich. A lot of people are about to find out that they are rich and didn't know it.