PDA

View Full Version : I'm calling it - Obama wins FLORIDA - election over

landrun
11/6/2012, 09:13 PM
Miami Dade hasn't turned in but 24% of their totals.

Its 50-50 with over 6 million votes counted.

My guess is that these counties in south florida will count and find elections long into the night.

Obama will win a second term.

cleller
11/6/2012, 10:08 PM
Pretty likely. Another state with massive illegal alien voting.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/6/2012, 10:20 PM
Pretty likely. Another state with massive illegal alien voting.
Wanna back that up with anything?

MamaMia
11/6/2012, 10:22 PM
Isn't Florida the state that got to vote longer?

landrun
11/6/2012, 10:25 PM
Isn't Florida the state that got to vote longer?

Yes. But only the heavily democrat counties - Broward, Miami-Dade etc... the same hanging chad counties.

Dems sued and got a judge to say that these counties ALONE could vote an extra day.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/6/2012, 10:26 PM
Apparently they have 5 hour voting lines in Dade County. Either that or the buses of inmates keep arriving.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/6/2012, 10:26 PM
Yes. But only the heavily democrat counties - Broward, Miami-Dade etc... the same hanging chad counties.

Dems sued and got a judge to say that these counties ALONE could vote an extra day.
Because they have the largest populations. There is not excuse to not be able to vote in counties only open for one day, if you are in line before poll closing you will get to vote. Period. For sheer fairness should other counties be allowed to vote early if they wish, yes. But i don't think this has an effect on the election, only on convenience.

@Bourbon St Sooner, Florida doesn't allow felons to vote. Excludes 23% of the black population incidentally.

Its a shame it looks like Romney will win the popular vote and will lose the electoral college. Way to go, founding fathers.

MamaMia
11/6/2012, 10:32 PM

Dems sued and got a judge to say that these counties ALONE could vote an extra day. I'm no attorney but it seems like that would be illegal.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/6/2012, 10:32 PM
Lighten up junior. It was a joke.

MamaMia
11/6/2012, 10:34 PM
Because they have the largest populations. There is not excuse to not be able to vote in counties only open for one day, if you are in line before poll closing you will get to vote. Period. For sheer fairness should other counties be allowed to vote early if they wish, yes. But i don't think this has an effect on the election, only on convenience.

@Bourbon St Sooner, Florida doesn't allow felons to vote. Excludes 23% of the black population incidentally.

Its a shame it looks like Romney will win the popular vote and will lose the electoral college. Way to go, founding fathers.They could also open up a couple more precincts here or there to serve them. Thats what other places do when there is an overflow problem.

cleller
Wanna back that up with anything?

Already posted it on another thread. As I said there, all you have to do is sign a piece of paper saying it is legal for you to vote, then you can register. You'd have to be either naive, or artificially ignorant to deny that thousands and thousands of illegals vote in Florida. I can't believe you'd even question it.
Anyway, here's just the tip of the iceberg 182,000 illegals just from a quick computer scan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/18/us/florida-attempts-to-scrub-illegal-voters.html

Look, if you can say you have doubts about huge numbers of illegals voting in Florida, you're just not being honest. Good grief, it shouldn't even be open for debate. Its like asking if people really cheat on the taxes.

SouthCarolinaSooner
I'm no attorney but it seems like that would be illegal.
Rick Scott cut early voting days in half in 2011...Republican

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/6/2012, 10:39 PM
Already posted it on another thread. As I said there, all you have to do is sign a piece of paper saying it is legal for you to vote, then you can register. You'd have to be either naive, or artificially ignorant to deny that thousands and thousands of illegals vote in Florida. I can't believe you'd even question it.
Anyway, here's just the tip of the iceberg 182,000 illegals just from a quick computer scan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/18/us/florida-attempts-to-scrub-illegal-voters.html

Look, if you can say you have doubts about huge numbers of illegals voting in Florida, you're just not being honest. Good grief, it shouldn't even be open for debate. Its like asking if people really cheat on the taxes.
182,000 is a scary number, but as you said its only a quick scan. Could be higher or lower, likely higher. Definitely raises some serious questions

MamaMia
11/6/2012, 10:39 PM
They asked me for my ID today. They had a poster that showed what was acceptable. They never asked me for that before.

JLEW1818
11/6/2012, 10:48 PM
Worthless thug welfare scum

cleller
11/6/2012, 10:49 PM
182,000 is a scary number, but as you said its only a quick scan. Could be higher or lower, likely higher. Definitely raises some serious questions

In Florida, I'd say it is a very low number. That was off a D/L computer. Plenty enough to sway an election.

Not the reaction I'd expected from you, by the way. This should be a major story. A few local stations in Florida have asked illegals if they vote. Nearly all say yes, and are surprised to find out it is illegal. You would expect lots of news coverage nationally, and some sort of questioning as to whether or not we should allow this to happen, but the networks avoid it.

Very sorry business.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/6/2012, 10:52 PM
Worthless thug welfare scum
Heap the blame on the segment of society you like the least, classic tactic

In Florida, I'd say it is a very low number. That was off a D/L computer. Plenty enough to sway an election.

Not the reaction I'd expected from you, by the way. This should be a major story. A few local stations in Florida have asked illegals if they vote. Nearly all say yes, and are surprised to find out it is illegal. You would expect lots of news coverage nationally, and some sort of questioning as to whether or not we should allow this to happen, but the networks avoid it.

Very sorry business.
You think its lower than 182,000? I haven't read much into it besides the article you linked, a quick google searched only showed some fox news blogs.

cleller
11/6/2012, 11:00 PM
You think its lower than 182,000? I haven't read much into it besides the article you linked, a quick google searched only showed some fox news blogs.

Oh no, I think the 182,000 is a low estimate. If they can find that many in the D/L computers, imagine how many are flying under the radar. I'd bet its much higher.
I;m sure we agree south Florida has a very heavy concentration of Hispanics. Obviously, there are many illegals mixed in with them. And its not just Hispanics, all kinds of foreign peoples seem to end up down there.

TAFBSooner
11/6/2012, 11:17 PM
Oh no, I think the 182,000 is a low estimate. If they can find that many in the D/L computers, imagine how many are flying under the radar. I'd bet its much higher.
I;m sure we agree south Florida has a very heavy concentration of Hispanics. Obviously, there are many illegals mixed in with them. And its not just Hispanics, all kinds of foreign peoples seem to end up down there.

Most of the Hispanics in S Florida have Cuban backgrounds, and are naturalized citizens or their descendants.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/6/2012, 11:18 PM
For America's conscience hopefully it doesn't matter with Ohio

cleller
11/7/2012, 07:30 AM
Most of the Hispanics in S Florida have Cuban backgrounds, and are naturalized citizens or their descendants.

I'm sure most, as in the simple majority are. Still lots of illegals from all over Latin America, South America there.

cleller
11/7/2012, 08:50 AM

Obama won Florida by 40,000 votes. If they felt there were at least 182,000 illegals on the voter rolls, you can see how this is a problem.