PDA

View Full Version : What if your side cheated...and won

XingTheRubicon
11/6/2012, 04:02 PM
I don't mean "giving away fried chicken in Cuyahoga county to lure voters away from voting centers."

I mean flat-out cheated. Like fraudulent absentee ballots or illegals or whatever that tipped the election from a loss to a win.

Would you:

A. Actively insist the results be reversed

B. Make a case that both sides cheat and it is what it is.

C. Laugh hysterically at the other side.

ouwasp
11/6/2012, 04:10 PM
D. Hope it's not discovered until long after the fact.

I think about World War Two files that are still sealed. Really? 70 yrs later? I'm pretty sure the Brits have some that are not to be unsealed for a century. What was Rudolf Hess' true mission? What sort of intelligence did the Brits actually have about Pearl Harbor?

Those are the sorts of bombshells that may be better left unknown... or at least until way, way after the fact.

Just like this hypothetical cheating thing.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/6/2012, 04:10 PM
If ya ain't cheatin', ya ain't tryin'

badger
11/6/2012, 04:13 PM
Cheating is one reason to never abolish the electoral college.

Wisconsin college students might be voting multiple times on campus, but no matter how many times they vote, the state will never get more electoral votes. In fact, the Rust Belt's political clout is slipping away as its population moves south with the jobs.

LiveLaughLove
11/6/2012, 04:19 PM
A.

rock on sooner
11/6/2012, 04:22 PM
A.

Holy Crap! I agree with LLL.

LiveLaughLove
11/6/2012, 04:24 PM
Holy Crap! I agree with LLL.

Be careful rock, too much sunlight might cause you to spontaneously combust. ;P

rock on sooner
11/6/2012, 04:30 PM
Be careful rock, too much sunlight might cause you to spontaneously combust. ;P

Completely overcast here....CNN on the tube..I dint know there
were that many ways to dissect a snapshot poll.

sappstuf
11/6/2012, 04:42 PM
There is a story from NBC in California about dead people voting.

NBC Bay Area used the Social Security Administration’s Death Master File to cross reference with the California state voter rolls using name, date of birth, and similar zip codes to find matches. We found over 25,000

A closer look at the data revealed that some of the dead people were not only registered, but somehow, even voted, several years after their death.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Dead-and-Still-Voting-177286281.html

Voter fraud doesn't happen and asking for photo ID would be racist...

LiveLaughLove
11/6/2012, 04:44 PM
Completely overcast here....CNN on the tube..I dint know there
were that many ways to dissect a snapshot poll.
Be-A-U-tiful here in God's country.

I'm already tired of the pundit's.

cleller
11/6/2012, 05:11 PM
Be-A-U-tiful here in God's country.

I'm already tired of the pundit's.

Sure is. The summer's have gotten horrific, but the fall-runs-thru-spring weather is comfortable.

Midtowner
11/6/2012, 05:22 PM
Since we pretty much know both sides cheat like hell, then go all faux outrage when someone gets caught, I think A would place us in some sort of infinite loop.

jkjsooner
11/6/2012, 05:53 PM
I don't mean "giving away fried chicken in Cuyahoga county to lure voters away from voting centers."

I mean flat-out cheated. Like fraudulent absentee ballots or illegals or whatever that tipped the election from a loss to a win.

Would you:

First off, there's what 200 million or so Americans of voting age? There is going to be fraud and abuse. That is inevitable.

If sympathizers of my party cheated to such an extent that it changed the outcome of the election (and this could be shown) then, yes, I'd want the results overturned.

I'd say the same thing if this was a football game. If OU won like Oregon won then I'd want the results changed. (I'm not talking about little minor things like a player who darn well knows the ball came out before his knee hit the ground. For those things you just have to take it because plenty of those are going to go against you and your opponent isn't going to return the favor.)

But elections are a lot like football games. We see the mistakes that go against us a lot more clearly than the ones that go for us. We weigh the impact of the former a lot more heavily than the latter. It's human nature.

StoopTroup
11/6/2012, 06:02 PM

Would you:

I was more interested in this statement that came from Saps post....

“This isn’t a Democrat problem this isn’t a Republican problem. This is a problem for our system.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigat...177286281.html (http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/Dead-and-Still-Voting-177286281.html)