PDA

View Full Version : Dominique Alexander now a Sooner

landrun
11/5/2012, 10:56 PM
I just saw this. Sorry if it has already been posted but I didn't see it...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oklahoma/football/recruiting/commitments/2013

MyT Oklahoma
11/5/2012, 10:59 PM
Cool!

landrun
11/5/2012, 11:01 PM
Well, if the following is true, I guess he's a 'soft' commit

http://recruiting.arpreps.com/2012/11/05/alexander-takes-back-pledge/
By Richard Davenport
12:08PM on November 5th, 2012

Safety Dominique Alexander of Tulsa Washington said in a text message that he has decommitted from Arkansas.

** 12:54 update **

Dominque said he told Hog receiver coach Kris Cinkovich of his plans to open up his recruiting. He said the unknown of who will be coaching Arkansas next year played a big part in him taking back his pledge.

He said he’s still considering the Hogs and plans to take an official visit to Fayetteville once the new coach and staff is in place. He’s also planning to visit Oklahoma and Kansas State.

** 8:51 update **

Alexander has committed to Oklahoma but maintains he plans to officially visit Arkansas.

VA Sooner
11/5/2012, 11:08 PM
Good pick up...

Widescreen
11/5/2012, 11:11 PM
According to Stoops, he doesn't consider anyone committed if they're still taking visits. So if he still plans on visiting Arkie, his scholarship is not reserved.

goingoneight
11/5/2012, 11:46 PM
Arky just needs to sign John L. To a three year contract to put a stop to them recruiting potential stars away from OU. :D

StoopTroup
11/6/2012, 12:20 AM
According to Stoops, he doesn't consider anyone committed if they're still taking visits. So if he still plans on visiting Arkie, his scholarship is not reserved.

It's probably something these commits should probably consider too. Does taking trips after going to OU hurt you? When you come back a Month later do they treat you differently?

I know a kid that got a call from every School in Oklahoma and some outside Oklahoma. I think he could have been a deep snapper here. His Father pushed him to take every trip he could and at the end....he ended up playing at some small school and then dragging his HS Sweetheart up there with him. He was a great DS too. I saw him play and workout. His Dad really should have just let him sign early on IMO.

goingoneight
11/6/2012, 10:50 AM
I don't understand the logic of "committing" when you're still shopping. I completely understand if for whatever reason a guy chooses a different school because you know, to each his own. But I don't get to buy an engagement ring for my girlfriend and sleep around at the same time. Someone seriously needs to explain common sense and vocabulary a little better to these kids today. Nothing wrong with going out there and saying "Coach Stoops and Oklahoma are the front-runners right now. I could really see myself enjoying my career as a Sooner."
Or... translated into text-speak kids talk in today--
"Booma Soonr, y'all... coach stoops a pimp. I'm'a keep OU up high on dat list, yo."

BoomerJack
11/6/2012, 10:55 AM

Yeah, I think I'll wait until he AT LEAST signs the appropriate papers this coming February before I'll start considering him to be a Sooner. And it would probably be wise to actually wait 'til next August when fall camp begins. A lot of things can happen between now and then.

goingoneight
11/6/2012, 11:01 AM
Nothing against the kid... he's not alone in what I was talking about. Hell, even the great Ryan Broyles was that way.

badger
11/6/2012, 11:21 AM
Why wouldn't a kid take free trips around to millions-of-dollars facilities while being showered with people who tell you how great you are and how much they want you there?

About all they're risking in taking additional trips is, like someone said, the coach at a previously interested school may continue shopping at their position rather than reserving a scholarship for them.

Boomer.....
11/6/2012, 12:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6_CIeDCEAAqSlQ.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6_Cl1yCEAImu-g.jpg:large

badger
11/6/2012, 12:40 PM
Good recruiting tool -- show how awesome you look in OU gear :D

Mack Brown: Here's some burnt orange to wear! :mack:
Recruit: Ew, no thanks. Hook em

Boomer.....
11/6/2012, 12:49 PM
Dude's pretty jacked for a high schooler.

8timechamps
11/6/2012, 12:54 PM
He's definitely committed.

He was originally an Arkansas commit (they offered him first, very early). Over the course of that past two months, he's been leaning toward OU. He's attended a couple of Sooner games, and waited until he made a visit to Arkansas (last weekend) to decommit. He said he wanted to give Arkansas a fair shot. He left unimpressed and worried about the future coaching situation.

He's projected to be an OLB, but he's very undersized right now. Some sites have him listed as 190 lbs. He said he can play at 220-230, so I'm thinking it'll be a little while before he sees the field (if he ends up at OLB). He can also play WR and Nickle.

FYI, we have a recruiting board, so if you come here and don't see news on recruiting...go there (it's a sub forum....look at the very top of the threads). Badger posted info about Alexander yesterday.

Soonerjeepman
11/6/2012, 12:55 PM
I didn't think they could let them wear that stuff...or is it they can't have a jersey made with the recruits name on it...some stupid rule.

Is that him? 6'2 200..needs about 30lbs for lber...

8timechamps
11/6/2012, 01:01 PM
I didn't think they could let them wear that stuff...or is it they can't have a jersey made with the recruits name on it...some stupid rule.

Is that him? 6'2 200..needs about 30lbs for lber...

It was taken at a football camp at OU, back in the summer. They all get a chance to put on the jersey and pose for a pic with the trophy. Nice little recruiting tool that not many can provide.

goingoneight
11/6/2012, 01:05 PM
There's some weird rules regarding that. No name on the jersey, no name on the locker, no official announcements to be made on campus (like a scoreboard salute to him during a game).
But I believe giving them official jerseys and pretty much a free weekend on the town is cool. At least it was for my sister-in-law's brother when he visited OSU and Arkansas.

Also, if you don't think the vast majority of these kids want to knock off a piece while they're hanging out with "hostesses," you're probably putting them on too high and mighty a pedestal. Even if they get shot down... they all think they have a chance. Just like your one, fat, weird friend who thinks he's gonna score at every wedding he goes to. :D

8timechamps
11/6/2012, 01:07 PM
There's some weird rules regarding that. No name on the jersey, no name on the locker, no official announcements to be made on campus (like a scoreboard salute to him during a game).
But I believe giving them official jerseys and pretty much a free weekend on the town is cool. At least it was for my sister-in-law's brother when he visited OSU and Arkansas.

Also, if you don't think the vast majority of these kids want to knock off a piece while they're hanging out with "hostesses," you're probably putting them on too high and mighty a pedestal. Even if they get shot down... they all think they have a chance. Just like your one, fat, weird friend who thinks he's gonna score at every wedding he goes to. :D

I spit my water out! We all must have one of those buddies.

goingoneight
11/6/2012, 01:08 PM
It was taken at a football camp at OU, back in the summer. They all get a chance to put on the jersey and pose for a pic with the trophy. Nice little recruiting tool that not many can provide.

True... we have enough trophies that we can just give to each of the recruits to play with all day. :D