PDA

View Full Version : Will Either Side Accept The Results Of The Elction?

FaninAma
11/5/2012, 05:41 PM
I don't think so. And unless the GOP takes over all the office of POTUS and Congress I anticipate a rancorous, divisive 2 years until the 2014 election.

badger
11/5/2012, 05:47 PM
Depends on what you're asking about, because I do except a few sides to concede defeat:

1- I expect the Republicans to concede defeat to the Democrats as far as majority in the U.S. Senate.

2- I expect the Democrats to concede defeat to the Republicans as far as majority in the U.S. House.

And THEN... there's the presidency.

I expect a worse court battle than 2000 Gore/Bush in Florida if a swing state is near 50-50 and it determines who wins the White House. I expect at least three recounts of votes, I expect the results of those recounts to be challenged all the way up to the White House, AND I expect the White House to be trashed worse than when Clinton/Gore left in 2000 (2001 technically) if Obama/Biden are evicted this time around due to a recount/court/etc loss.

I don't think anyone expects Dem House majority or Rep Senate majority at this point. However, both sides expect the presidency, and both sides will fight for it if the results appear the least bit questionable.

C&CDean
11/5/2012, 06:20 PM
Unfortunately, no. We've got way too many crazies from both sides who'll never give an inch. Some day (hopefully in my lifetime) a third party emerges and spanks the other two. Let's bring back the Whigs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Whig_Party

rock on sooner
11/5/2012, 08:18 PM
The only rancor will be if Florida somehow screws it up..provisional
ballots will be an issue, somebody's gonna cry foul with fraud but
ima guessing that around midnight Tuesday we'll know....at least
I genuinely hope so.

Whet
11/5/2012, 09:05 PM
Why should Americans accept the cheating and double voting, if Obama wins again?

cleller
11/5/2012, 09:49 PM
I'd hate to be in Chicago if Obama loses. Bad things.

If Romney loses things will be about the same as today.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/5/2012, 10:14 PM
If there is a contested outcome, I expect the ultimate loser to graciously accept the results, the way Vice President Gore did - asking all supporters to also accept the results.

StoopTroup
11/6/2012, 12:46 AM
Unfortunately, no. We've got way too many crazies from both sides who'll never give an inch. Some day (hopefully in my lifetime) a third party emerges and spanks the other two. Let's bring back the Whigs.

I don't know about the Whigs but I do think that if the two parties we have don't start finding common ground again....there will be a Moderate Party Come about that will be completely Bi-Partisan and will be strong enough to stop filibusters and stall tactics in Congress as well as the White House. That's when my concern that there will become One Strong Party and Conservative and Liberal views will be crushed at every turn and the balance of power in this Country will land on One party. Then if you do have any view other than Moderate...Homeland Security will come scoop you up and have you bailing Organic Hay Fields on Government Land while wearing an ankle bracelet.

That's when the real persecutions will take place.

StoopTroup
11/6/2012, 12:47 AM
Why should Americans accept the cheating and double voting, if Obama wins again?

That's all been fixed with the new Voter ID laws.

hawaii 5-0
11/6/2012, 01:52 AM

You mean some people only got 2 ballots?

5-0

MamaMia
11/6/2012, 02:19 AM
It will be business as usual.

Chuck Bao
11/6/2012, 03:38 AM
The responses to your thread will probably answer your question about which side won't accept the poll results. Some people just have to be an ***.

JohnnyMack
11/6/2012, 01:24 PM
The responses to your thread will probably answer your question about which side won't accept the poll results. Some people just have to be an ***.

He's talking to you Pat.

8timechamps
11/6/2012, 01:26 PM
Interesting question Fan. I've given this a little thought myself, and have decided that if it's close (and it probably will be), there will be no concession tonight. If it's really close (like Bush/Gore), it'll get drawn out, and that could lead to some civil unrest. Not full blown civil war, but some rioting in some big cities, things like that.

Sooner98
11/6/2012, 01:27 PM
If Romney wins, the shouts of "VOTER SUPPRESSION!!!!!" will be deafening.

landrun
11/6/2012, 01:33 PM
If Romney wins, the shouts of "VOTER SUPPRESSION!!!!!" will be deafening.

Has already started. Howard Dean has seen the polling numbers in Ohio (heavy dem areas down 4%, republican areas up 14%) and as a response to the dems being behind, has now declared the only way dems lose is if there is by fraud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuTQqm1C99g

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/6/2012, 01:38 PM
I'd vote for the Whigs in a heartbeat, center-right economically and center-left socially. Love it, unfortunately TJ O'Hara isn't on the ballot anywhere and only has write-in access in a few states. Allegations of voter fraud will come strong from both sides I'm sure, the righties will blame the panthers and the lefties will blame id cards.