PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Tom Coburn

diverdog
11/5/2012, 02:00 PM
Sixty Minutes did a piece on how disfunctional Washington DC has become. One of the main guys they interviewed was Senator Coburn from Oklahoma. I have to say I probably do not agree with him on 50% of his issues but I would vote for him. He seems honorable and full of character. I like that he does mot play politics and he is the type of person we should have in DC. Oklahoma should be proud to have a man like that represent them.

Paint me a fan of Senator Coburn.

badger
11/5/2012, 02:03 PM
The U.S. should be proud to have him, because while he is technically Oklahoma's junior senator, he's the type of senator you wish another state had rather than your own, especially as your schools and health rank low and your roads and bridges crumble like graham crackers crunch crunch.

Lack of pork barrel money from Coburn aside, yes, I am happy that he is somebody that seems to be firm in his beliefs and is unwavering when it comes to what he thinks is right. I also like that despite his strong convictions, he is someone who is willing to reach out and work with others regardless of party affiliation. It really disgusted me that after he was willing to go to bat for tax increases that the Democrats suddenly didn't want to cut spending anymore. Arseholes.

pphilfran
11/5/2012, 02:03 PM
He is quality

hawaii 5-0
11/5/2012, 03:06 PM
I like him.

I don't usually agree but he seems to keep America's best interests in mind, not just toeing the Party Line like so many stooges up there.

5-0

cleller
11/5/2012, 03:24 PM
We need more Tom Coburns and fewer Senators with no other job.

Coburn somehow manages to run a medical practice, be a Senator, and do pretty well for himself. The guy works.

okie52
11/5/2012, 03:27 PM
He also term limits himself so he is not beholding to anyone.

hawaii 5-0
11/5/2012, 04:51 PM
I'm kinda seeing agreement on an issue.

Did the Earth fall off it's axis?

5-0

Bourbon St Sooner
11/5/2012, 05:00 PM
Coburn's a true fiscal hawk, unlike every other republican that claim to be a fiscal hawks but govern like democrats.

Wishboned
11/5/2012, 05:15 PM
I like the way he does things in DC.

SoonerorLater
11/5/2012, 06:21 PM
Coburn's a true fiscal hawk, unlike every other republican that claim to be a fiscal hawks but govern like democrats.

I thought so too until he voted for QE I. I like Coburn and think he is an honest guy but he has dropped a few notches since that vote.

TAFBSooner
11/6/2012, 01:57 PM
I disagree with him more than half the time, but I have to admire his character. More so than over 90% of DC pols of any stripe.

Midtowner
11/6/2012, 02:04 PM
Even when he was caught up in the Ensign scandal, I think he was truly trying to do the right thing. Coburn is a gentleman. We don't have those in D.C. anymore. Give me Coburn any day over Pelosi or Boehner or any of those partisan a$$es.