PDA

View Full Version : What was the most important election of your lifetime?

badger
11/5/2012, 01:50 PM
I am only going back to the 50s, because odds are if you're much older than that, you weren't voting in the election anyways :)

KantoSooner
11/5/2012, 01:51 PM

rock on sooner
11/5/2012, 02:44 PM
Surprised that you didn't list the current one...

BigTip
11/5/2012, 04:08 PM

Agreed.

All the other elections I have felt like, "If my guy doesn't win, it won't be so good for me."

This election I feel like, "If my guy doesn't win, it's the end of the country."

So this one is by far the most important one. It was very true what Romney said in his closing statements of the debates. "This election is way more than a choice between us two. You are deciding what way you want America to go."

badger
11/5/2012, 04:11 PM

I forgot to, but in my defense, every election has had people so passionate that they're like "This is the most important election of my lifetime!" I heard this back in 2004 when we were in the midst of the Afghanistan/Iraq stuff, I heard this again in 2008 when people were concerned about the Great Recession/historical significance of woman VEEP/black president (and shaddap on the half-black stuff, we all know!). I'm sure they've said this before for other reasons for the others.

BigTip
11/5/2012, 04:23 PM
I forgot to, but in my defense, every election has had people so passionate that they're like "This is the most important election of my lifetime!".

Again, I repeat for emphasis, I have never been as passionate, nor worried about, an election like I have for this one.