PDA

View Full Version : Are The Tracks Coming Off The Belldozer?

Judge Smails
11/5/2012, 01:33 PM
Has the defense figured out how to defend the Belldozer, or are we running it differently?

It didn't work so good against ISU.

jk the sooner fan
11/5/2012, 01:34 PM
i dunno- i dont think any play is ever 100% effective

rock on sooner
11/5/2012, 01:36 PM
Until we throw more out of the Belldozer, defenses are gonna
stack it up. I think next two times in the formation throw the
ball, complete or not, just no ints and it'll loosen things up.

Pricetag
11/5/2012, 01:36 PM
All those 20-plus yard touchdown passes hurt it more than anything.

badger
11/5/2012, 01:49 PM
I'd rather win the game than b1tch and moan that the Belldozer didn't always work :)

PalmBeachSooner
11/5/2012, 01:58 PM
From what I saw it looked like Blake didn't do a good job of executing. He picked the wrong hole and left his feet which doesn't help. I also thought the line officials were extremely cheap with their spots.

badger
11/5/2012, 02:05 PM
From what I saw it looked like Blake didn't do a good job of executing. He picked the wrong hole and left his feet which doesn't help. I also thought the line officials were extremely cheap with their spots.

NP was very angry with the line judges that game :)

More than the jumping and wrong hole plowing, I was disappointed that they didn't snap the 4th down attempt faster. We would have gotten it if we didn't take our d@mn time between the failed 3rd down attempt and the failed 4th down attempt! :mad:

But really, Belldozer is what, a redshirt sophomore? He'll have time and tons more playing time to get things right. Poor Landry. Every absent-minded look on TV is another round in the NFL Draft he falls :(

StoopTroup
11/5/2012, 02:20 PM
But really, Belldozer is what, a redshirt sophomore? He'll have time and tons more playing time to get things right. Poor Landry. Every absent-minded look on TV is another round in the NFL Draft he falls :(

Yeah....the poor Landry will be set for life pretty soon.

If Belldozer doesn't start getting the Coaches to let him pass more...someone else will be behind center next year.

badger
11/5/2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah....the poor Landry will be set for life pretty soon.

Whitney Hand is the next Erin Andrews, no doubt, so yes, that will support Mr. Whitney Hand the rest of his life, yes :D

I don't think LJ is a first round pick anymore sadly, and even if it was, 30 for 30 Broke convinced me that football players especially are basically in bankruptcy whenever they retire.

TUSooner
11/5/2012, 02:31 PM
****Poor Landry. Every absent-minded look on TV is another round in the NFL Draft he falls :(

Was that really necessary?! It made me laugh, though.

StoopTroup
11/5/2012, 02:44 PM
Whitney Hand is the next Erin Andrews, no doubt, so yes, that will support Mr. Whitney Hand the rest of his life, yes :D

I don't think LJ is a first round pick anymore sadly, and even if it was, 30 for 30 Broke convinced me that football players especially are basically in bankruptcy whenever they retire.

It's true. The NFL really isn't good for guys that stick around for years but when you think about Landry from more of a good Christian Kid that does get a shot and is married to a very talented young athlete that is also probably going to be a Pro....

I think I see their earning power being a "Together" thing rather than what we have seen many other QBs have as they enter the NFL.

Vince Young comes to mind when I think about guys who squandered opportunity, spent every dime they had and ended up broke.

When one takes a quick look at Landry...not only does he have the above things going on for him but he's from a small town in New Mexico and from a Family that isn't banking on him.

What I really wonder is what you'd say to his Parent's Face if you were sitting on the 50 with them at Home Games.

BoulderSooner79
11/5/2012, 02:50 PM
ISU has a better front 7 than other teams we have played, so they are better at stopping it. ND stopped a couple of the plays too and Bell threw to Millard on the critical 4th and 2 instead of running. The ability to throw or even run a true option read would make it much more dangerous against good front 7s, but I doubt we need that for the remaining teams on our schedule. Maybe all a few bells (heh) and whistles for the bowl game depending on who we draw.

Bell will be throwing a bunch next year or else he will have been beaten out for the starting job.

EatLeadCommie
11/5/2012, 02:56 PM
There is nothing wrong with it, but we have GOT to quit relying on it and only in in short yardage situations. I was somewhat heartened later in the game to see us just line up and run it like a normal team would, but of course by then ISU was gassed.

The Belldozer has made us avoid addressing the issue of our soft offensive line. Patton needs to go.

badger
11/5/2012, 03:03 PM
What I really wonder is what you'd say to his Parent's Face if you were sitting on the 50 with them at Home Games.
They sat the band right next to the families when I used to be a student, so I know all about saying nothing but nice things or nothing at all when it comes to the guys on the field :)

As such, if they were to ever care what I personally think about their NFL future careers and I don't know why they would, I would take that approach. And besides, there's so much more that Sooner alums can do than the NFL. I remember Sammie's original post-Sooner playing days plan was to go to OU Law and become an attorney. And then the Heisman happened :)

Also, LJ's dad is an attorney that threatened to sue over some libelous things that one DarthHusker once wrote on the internets, so in the interest of any legal representatives reading... LANDRY JONES IS A CLASS ACT AND A FIRST CLASS HUMAN BEING WHO IS A BIG ROLE MODEL FOR BIG KIDS AND LITTLE KIDS ALIKE AND HE IS NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM A BAD PERSON BAD FOOTBALL PLAYER OR BAD ANYTHING.

:O

aero
11/5/2012, 03:04 PM
It's still a good play and formation for a few yards. It didn't look like Bell executed it very well. Took too long to snap. He's good at being patient and letting his blocking develop but it looked like he waited too long and any hole there may have been closed up. If they don't start passing once in a while out of it, teams will just stack it up.

aero
11/5/2012, 03:07 PM
... LANDRY JONES IS A CLASS ACT AND A FIRST CLASS HUMAN BEING WHO IS A BIG ROLE MODEL FOR BIG KIDS AND LITTLE KIDS ALIKE AND HE IS NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM A BAD PERSON BAD FOOTBALL PLAYER OR BAD ANYTHING.

very astute observation......

En_Fuego
11/5/2012, 03:13 PM
Fad's are the craze .................

Belldozer makes me puke out my Anus

cvsooner
11/5/2012, 03:58 PM
Looked to me like a couple of misreads on Bell's part and a missed/poor block combined for short gains. Second one that didn't make it was really close. Let's not forget it was also effective on two downs as well. Fifty percent against ISU.

Also, did you see the stat on how many third downs we converted? Amazing.

DCsooner22
11/5/2012, 04:22 PM
Well, the problem is that we were running the Belldozer on short yardage situations. I mean... the announcers even TOLD us last Saturday that it was more for a 3rd and 7 situation....

(seriously - that happened... WTF were they thinking?)

En_Fuego
11/5/2012, 04:35 PM
I really can believe we are talking about such "Belldozer".....Does he have an Earth Mortal ?

En_Fuego
11/5/2012, 04:36 PM
Is he the next "King of Gondor" ??

Please help me with this FAD .......?

En_Fuego
11/5/2012, 04:39 PM
Uhhhh.......oh, Nevermind I will get BANNED..........FORGET IT..........I once saw a little girls football team that ran a similar offense........and the big bad wolf ate her..............whoooops !

JiminyChristmas
11/5/2012, 04:43 PM
I thought they changed the formation a little bit. There were 2 receivers in the game with the Belldozer formation against ISU. Previously I thought Stills was the only receiver on the field in that formation. That means they took a blocker off the field. Could be wrong though, but it stood out to me as soon as they lined up.

En_Fuego
11/5/2012, 04:48 PM
We have the Bell****** ..............right ? Why can't we give it to Millard with Rip blocking ? ......wHY IS bOb SO aRRoGAnt tHaT hE cAnT rESpECT sOoNeR tRAdItIoN aND gO TO sOMEtHInG sOOnER fOoTBALL

DCsooner22
11/5/2012, 04:50 PM
Huh?

badger
11/5/2012, 05:19 PM
Huh?

Whoops! I signed in on the wrong account. Um... where was I...

mEdIuM gAmE bOb FiRe vUlNERAblEs ToUcHdoWn TiGhT EnD

Ruf/Nek7
11/5/2012, 05:19 PM
We have the Bell****** ..............right ? Why can't we give it to Millard with Rip blocking ? ......wHY IS bOb SO aRRoGAnt tHaT hE cAnT rESpECT sOoNeR tRAdItIoN aND gO TO sOMEtHInG sOOnER fOoTBALL
Who invited this guy?

Johnny Utah
11/5/2012, 05:26 PM
Who invited this guy?

You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him.

rock on sooner
11/5/2012, 05:36 PM
They sat the band right next to the families when I used to be a student, so I know all about saying nothing but nice things or nothing at all when it comes to the guys on the field :)

As such, if they were to ever care what I personally think about their NFL future careers and I don't know why they would, I would take that approach. And besides, there's so much more that Sooner alums can do than the NFL. I remember Sammie's original post-Sooner playing days plan was to go to OU Law and become an attorney. And then the Heisman happened :)

Also, LJ's dad is an attorney that threatened to sue over some libelous things that one DarthHusker once wrote on the internets, so in the interest of any legal representatives reading... LANDRY JONES IS A CLASS ACT AND A FIRST CLASS HUMAN BEING WHO IS A BIG ROLE MODEL FOR BIG KIDS AND LITTLE KIDS ALIKE AND HE IS NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM A BAD PERSON BAD FOOTBALL PLAYER OR BAD ANYTHING.

Good job with the CYA thing!:biggrin:

picasso
11/5/2012, 06:04 PM
I'm willing to bet had we run it on the goal line it would have been the same result as the rest of this season.

BoulderSooner79
11/5/2012, 06:30 PM
Does google have a translator for En_Fuego?

Nevermind, I don't wanna know.

I Am Right
11/5/2012, 06:33 PM
NO

Boomer Mooner
11/5/2012, 07:15 PM
Fad's are the craze .................

Belldozer makes me puke out my Anus

...and **** keeps spewing from your pie hole.

BigJerm7
11/6/2012, 12:49 PM
I brought this up a month ago and was flamed for a week.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?171713-Belldozer&highlight=belldozer

goingoneight
11/6/2012, 12:54 PM
I heard that Landry's dad ripped into one of our resident idiot fans in the Fiesta Bowl because of the pick-6. Seeing that alone would've been worth the ticket. :D