PDA

View Full Version : Homeland on Showtime

StoopTroup
11/5/2012, 01:12 PM
I have "On Demand" since I am a AT&T UVerse subscriber and it allows you to access whatever movies, specials or series for all the free or premium channels I subscribe to. It's great because I don't have to record a lot of stuff as I can count on a good portion of it to be in the "On Demand" area of my system.

I got tired of Homeland when Carrie had finally snapped and decided to have Electro-shock therapy. I thought that idea was pretty stupid and a very old archaic method to help people with her condition. It was so unrealistic that I just laughed and stopped watching.

I have decided to start watching Season Two and just catch up with what has transpired since then. I saw SNL this weekend where they commented on how White People are magnets to Homeland so I decided I better see whats up before I have to change my status from Caucasian to other. :D

Carrie is still pretty screwed up and I'm at the 4th show in Season 2. I think she might need another hit with the old brain toaster. :D

Wishboned
11/5/2012, 01:34 PM
It's called Electro Convulsive Therapy now, and it's still used today. Especially with more severe forms of depression and mania.

And this season has been great. The interrogation scene with Carrie and Brody was incredible.

The only thing I'm tired of is Clare Danes crying face.

StoopTroup
11/5/2012, 01:42 PM
The only thing I'm tired of is Clare Danes crying face.

I know they still use it but I still think it's archaic...you are probably right and that it's more Dane's face that just bother's they crap out of folks. One moment they have her looking OK and 5 minutes later she looks like she's wiped the makeup off and hit rock bottom after they tell her they don't need her anymore. They are trying to hard to get us to think she's a mental case. I think they established that quite awhile back.

Now Brody is in the woods trying to stop the bleeding on the Muslim hat Store Owner (Gettysburg Bomb Maker). It's hilarious. Opps....he's dead

ouleaf
11/5/2012, 01:42 PM
Things definitely picked up this week with the CIA team being taken out by that fully armored attack team in the Tailor's shop. What is in the case they took out of the wall. Which side is Brody on?

Wishboned
11/5/2012, 01:45 PM
Things definitely picked up this week with the CIA team being taken out by that fully armored attack team in the Tailor's shop. What is in the case they took out of the wall. Which side is Brody on?

And did he tip the reporter off?

Wishboned
11/5/2012, 01:54 PM
I know they still use it but I still think it's archaic...you are probably right and that it's more Dane's face that just bother's they crap out of folks. One moment they have her looking OK and 5 minutes later she looks like she's wiped the makeup off and hit rock bottom after they tell her they don't need her anymore. They are trying to hard to get us to think she's a mental case. I think they established that quite awhile back.

Now Brody is in the woods trying to stop the bleeding on the Muslim hat Store Owner (Gettysburg Bomb Maker). It's hilarious. Opps....he's dead

http://video.vulture.com/video/Reimagining-Homeland-as-a-Sitco#c=9B4LR606MNZCBK5H&t=Reimagining%20'Homeland'%20as%20a%20Sitcom

I think you'll like this.

StoopTroup
11/5/2012, 01:54 PM
And did he tip the reporter off?

Give me a few hours. I'll let you know,,,,

My Darn TV is freezing up. This might take a couple of days at this point. Wonder if this is storm related?

StoopTroup
11/5/2012, 01:57 PM
http://video.vulture.com/video/Reimagining-Homeland-as-a-Sitco#c=9B4LR606MNZCBK5H&t=Reimagining%20'Homeland'%20as%20a%20Sitcom

I think you'll like this.

That's twisted....LMAO

StoopTroup
11/5/2012, 11:35 PM

Since the guy that owned the shop is dead and the Arab lady Blogger he told about the guy not making it to the safe house told him they had cleaned it up, I'm thinking it is all of the bomb making materials he used to make Brody's Vest and whoever else he's made vests or bombs for. The Team that killed all of Carrie's Team was either The Bloggers clean up Team or another hush hush level of Homeland Security obtaining the evidence for their own reasons? Maybe? This is pretty twisted. I wasn't sure who the guy was in the hit Team in black that took his helmet off that was shot/grazed in the forehead.

I did finish Season two though. The Backstory where this whole story comes from is very interesting though. There is a back story about how three Israeli Soldiers who were Prisoners of War held by Hezbollah or some other faction were returned Home to their loved ones and what many of them had gone through trying to put the years of incarceration behind them and rebuild the lives they had before they were captured. They say that making a movie or documentary about this topic was pretty taboo at first and that this Series has really opened discussions about how to deal with POWs that do get returned and what might have happened to them while incarcerated.

Considering how our World has changed over the last 20 years and especially since 9-11-01...I can see now how people would be very interested in the dialog this Series and the Israeli Documentary created.

It's all just a made up Mini-Series but Homeland Security and the changes we have made to protect Americans and our soil are at the forefront of the election many of us will be voting in tomorrow. No matter who we elect...I surely hope they are able to continue to keep us all safe and to also continue to make the World a safer place. I'm glad I watched this today and glad I got by the whole Carrie thing.

ouleaf
11/6/2012, 12:14 PM
I wasn't sure who the guy was in the hit Team in black that took his helmet off that was shot/grazed in the forehead.

Wasn't it the same guy that the reporter lady met with by the fountain that they were unable to listen to the conversation because of all the water, then one of Carrie's surveillance guys lost him. Brody wasn't able to identify him, but again, not really sure which side he's on still?

StoopTroup
11/6/2012, 02:02 PM
Wasn't it the same guy that the reporter lady met with by the fountain that they were unable to listen to the conversation because of all the water, then one of Carrie's surveillance guys lost him. Brody wasn't able to identify him, but again, not really sure which side he's on still?

That's what I'm thinking and I think that's what the folks doing the show want you to think but what if he's a Double Agent working for us? This whole thing would get even more crazy as it would mean we just had one of our good guys and his team wipeout another one of our good guys that just got in the way of another groups investigation.

Crazy stuff.