PDA

View Full Version : BCS Bowl Projection

8timechamps
11/4/2012, 04:54 PM
ESPN's Brad Edwards has projected that OU makes a BCS bowl...

Rose Bowl
Oklahoma vs Nebraska

That would be a fun one, and I'd have to make the trip since I missed the Rose Bowl against WSU

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/4/2012, 05:31 PM
PAC 12 will never let it happen.

BoulderSooner79
11/4/2012, 05:33 PM
ESPN's Brad Edwards has projected that OU makes a BCS bowl...

Rose Bowl
Oklahoma vs Nebraska

That would be a fun one, and I'd have to make the trip since I missed the Rose Bowl against WSU

That would be sweet. But we need to win out and NU seems like they are barely hanging on every week.

PalmBeachSooner
11/4/2012, 05:34 PM
Rose Bowl would be cool...but Nebraska...meh.

Dan Thompson
11/4/2012, 05:47 PM
Never happen. PAC 12 vs B1G only.

I would like to see this,

colleyvillesooner
11/4/2012, 05:58 PM
Not if Oregon is in the big game and USC has 3-4 losses.

jk the sooner fan
11/4/2012, 06:02 PM
if the PAC 12 champ is in the BCS game - the BCS committee is left to invite an at large...OU could easily go to the Rose Bowl but i'm betting on the cotton bowl against an SEC team

Salt City Sooner
11/4/2012, 06:03 PM
Don't sleep on Oregon State; they've only lost once, & considering that they haven't been in that game since '65, I'm thinking their fans wouldn't hesitate when it comes to tickets.

Oh, & CBS has us in the Sugar vs. the Lizards:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

TSN has us picking Cotton w Spurrier:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-11-04/bowl-projections-bcs-2012-13-fiesta-rose-orange-sugar-alabama-oregon-notre-dame

yukonsooner
11/4/2012, 07:12 PM
Rematch in Rose Bowl ----OU/ND. Any thoughts???

VA Sooner
11/4/2012, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't mind taking on Florida or Nebraska...

I Am Right
11/4/2012, 08:13 PM
Not bad

Jeronimo
11/4/2012, 08:23 PM
Saw one of the ESPiN shows predicting a rematch with ND in the Fiesta. Of course had K St in the title against Bama.

SoonerFanInAustin
11/6/2012, 08:12 PM
Remember, you have to be in the Top 14 to be considered for an At-large bid. If Oregon St loses to Oregon, I doubt they will still be in the Top 14. The choices are very limited with the a 2 team Max and the SEC has so many teams in the Top 14. You figure Alabama, K-St, Oregon, Nebraska (makes choices even more limited if they can get to the Top 14), Florida St and Louisville as Conf Champs. ND automatically in Top 8. So that leaves 3 spots. Heck Oregon can eliminate both Stanford and Oregon St by beating them.
I lean towards the Sugar Bowl, guessing it would be against LSU.

8timechamps
11/6/2012, 10:56 PM
PAC 12 will never let it happen.

Never happen. PAC 12 vs B1G only.

I would like to see this,

Wrong on both counts. If Oregon makes the big game, it'll be a BCS at-large game -vs- the Big Ten champ.

SoonerFanInAustin
11/11/2012, 06:00 PM
How about OU/ND rematch at the Fiesta? What if the Fiesta says we want to bring a lot of new fans and $$ and take ND as a replacement for K. St instead of taking a Big 12 team in which they have an alliance with. Would the Rose Bowl take us as At-large to replace Oregon? Maybe, again, it doesn't look like there would be another Pac 12 team to take to keep up the Rose Bowl tradition. If they take a SEC team, then the Fiesta gets first choice of filling their game and then fills it with us.

Yes, I know it was mentioned by ESPN, but now it is a small reality. If the Fiesta takes OU as their replacement of K. St, I don't think the Rose would pass on ND.

StoopTroup
11/11/2012, 06:12 PM
A matchup with the Cocks would suck. ;)

No really...it would be a tough game.

It seems the BCS Conference Deals have lots of weight when it comes to who we play. We have always had a pretty good Fan Base that will Travel. That also seems to be why we get picked for certain Bowls as they love our Fan Base. Selling tickets and making sure there aren't a lot of empty seats is key for these Bowl Committees. Then they seem to start picking the best match-ups they can find and negotiating with the Conferences and Teams.

Don't like the Fiesta? Don't go to the game. That will **** them off so bad they'll only want us there again if they have no choice and it's the MNC.