PDA

View Full Version : Birrieria Diaz in Bethany...

Turd_Ferguson
11/4/2012, 02:51 PM
at the corner of 39th and College right across from SNU. Had the Lamb Birria with homemade flour tortillas and a couple of asada tacos. Some of the best authentic mexican food I've had, and very inexpensive.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/82/60/a7/filename-photo-jpg-thumbnail0.jpg

FirstandGoal
11/4/2012, 08:26 PM
at the corner of 39th and College right across from SNU. Had the Lamb Birria with homemade flour tortillas and a couple of asada tacos. Some of the best authentic mexican food I've had, and very inexpensive.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/82/60/a7/filename-photo-jpg-thumbnail0.jpg

Makes me wonder how many miles I would have to run to burn all of that off....

Seriously looks good tho.

Turd_Ferguson
11/4/2012, 09:06 PM
Trust me, I've been on a diet for the last two months. Over half that dish of lamb was leftover when I was finished. I've been living on greek yogurt, fruit, vegetables and grilled chicken/fish, in fact I told the guy I ate with that this was the heaviest meal I'd had in a long time. It was really good though.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/5/2012, 10:46 PM
Birria is hard core Mexican. It's pretty popular where my wife is from - with birria commonly served at special events, such as baptisms, weddings, birthdays, festivals, etc. they kill a goat and fix it up. I like a modest amount, but the clove/cinnamon rich spice limits it for me.

My grandmother lived in Bethany - off Rockwell and about 53rd - right across from Wiley Post. I recall back then, no cigarettes or even 3.2 beer were sold in Bethany. The Nazs dominated Bethany back then. I'm quite certain there were no mexican joints in Bethany back then either.

FirstandGoal
11/5/2012, 11:26 PM
Birria is hard core Mexican. It's pretty popular where my wife is from - with birria commonly served at special events, such as baptisms, weddings, birthdays, festivals, etc. they kill a goat and fix it up. I like a modest amount, but the clove/cinnamon rich spice limits it for me.

This info makes me think I would like it quite a bit. Actually, the spices make me think its a whole lot healthier that the first glance. I might seriously have to see if this place is open past 9pm. If so, I just might be able to have dinner there some night.

FirstandGoal
11/5/2012, 11:26 PM
Derp.

StoopTroup
11/5/2012, 11:37 PM
It looks like it could feed my entire Family tonight.