PDA

View Full Version : herbi already campaigning for Oregon...

OU_Sooners75
11/3/2012, 10:39 PM
Even though Bama hasn't even lost yet.

I'm sorry, but any team that can give up 52 points in a win, is not the #1 team!

KSU and ND should be #1 #2 respectively if Bama loses.

bringit
11/3/2012, 10:44 PM
And Bama scores to take the lead

8timechamps
11/4/2012, 04:41 PM
Even though Bama hasn't even lost yet.

I'm sorry, but any team that can give up 52 points in a win, is not the #1 team!

KSU and ND should be #1 #2 respectively if Bama loses.

I've watched every top 5 team play this year (a few multiple times), and there is no doubt in my mind that Oregon is one of the top two teams in the country.

Yesterday's defensive lapse isn't typical of their defense. For most of the year, the Ducks have had a solid defense.

I would love to see Oregon's offense against Bama's defense. I really don't think even mighty Nick Saban could stop the Oregon offense.

bluedogok
11/4/2012, 06:57 PM
Oregon has played pretty good defense all season, the USC game is the first where it looked like they didn't have a defense.

I do think Bama can defend them, give Saban a month and half and they can scheme for it. If there was a normal one week turn around it would be a difficult proposition.

Sabanball
11/4/2012, 09:31 PM
Oregon has played pretty good defense all season, the USC game is the first where it looked like they didn't have a defense.

I do think Bama can defend them, give Saban a month and half and they can scheme for it. If there was a normal one week turn around it would be a difficult proposition.

Agreed. Assuming we take care of AM next saturday in Tuscaloosa and the dawgs in the SECCG, there will be a full, one month layoff before Oregon sees the field again against us in Miami. That definitely works in our favor.

kevpks
11/4/2012, 09:49 PM
The Big XII is better than any conference with Colorado in it. KSU should get the nod. Plus, giving up 52 is not a lapse. It's a cluster$%&# of lapses indicative of future failure.

StoopTroup
11/4/2012, 10:05 PM
That blubbering Bama's QB did about winning that game against the grass eater was hard to watch. Saban looked like he was thinking of benching him if he didn't get it together pretty quick. I bet we don't see him get so emotional again unless it because he's sitting on the bench wondering why he's not playing. I understand it was a big game to him on enemy soil but Saban really looked unmoved by his QB's emotional interview.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/aj-mccarron-crying-530x327.jpg

Johnny Utah
11/4/2012, 10:06 PM
Agreed. Assuming we take care of AM next saturday in Tuscaloosa and the dawgs in the SECCG, there will be a full, one month layoff before Oregon sees the field again against us in Miami. That definitely works in our favor.

What works more to "your" favor? The full one month to prepare or the <800 miles from Tuscaloosa to the Orange Bowl vs > 3300 miles from Eugene to the Orange Bowl?

StoopTroup
11/4/2012, 10:11 PM
Tebow passed the flame to McCarron....

http://steve.cooleysekula.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/tim-tebow-crying-motivational-poster-428-1260227600-111.jpg

Johnny Utah
11/4/2012, 10:15 PM
Tebow passed the flame to McCarron....

http://steve.cooleysekula.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/tim-tebow-crying-motivational-poster-428-1260227600-111.jpg

I thought the same thing when I saw it ... funny thing is Bama won!

StoopTroup
11/4/2012, 10:19 PM
You would have thought les miles kicked him in the junk after bama lost.

JLEW1818
11/4/2012, 10:22 PM
Bama only beats Bama.

TUSooner
11/4/2012, 10:24 PM
McCarron was crying because he knew he'd all but lost the game by ssleepwalking through the 2d half, but he got a reprieve. Those were tears of relief.

StoopTroup
11/5/2012, 12:39 AM
Bama only beats Bama.

They wipe Bama out every time.

http://dhimmithis.typepad.com/dhimmi_this/images/2007/11/02/beat_bama_2.jpg

MamaMia
11/5/2012, 09:50 AM
Its hard for me to care if OU isn't in the hunt.

StoopTroup
11/5/2012, 11:16 AM
Don't lose hope Mama....we're here to talk you off the ledge if Baylor pulls off another miracle.

sussudio
11/5/2012, 11:16 AM
Nick Saban needs hair plugs.

BoulderSooner79
11/5/2012, 12:10 PM

^This, and I don't that is a good thing. The 4-5 week delay is essentially a deterrent to innovation and encourages coaches to play it safe with the tried and true approach to offense. College ball could easily become as boring as the NFL if all teams try to mimic Bama.

Regarding the UO defense, I can see why they are susceptible. They have decent athletes, but the scheme is way too aggressive. Their LBs attack the LOS on every play as if it is a run or go into blitz mode if it's not. They are wide open to the big play against a team like USC that has superior skill position players. If they end up playing USC again, I wouldn't be at all surprise at an upset.

8timechamps
11/5/2012, 03:23 PM
^This, and I don't that is a good thing. The 4-5 week delay is essentially a deterrent to innovation and encourages coaches to play it safe with the tried and true approach to offense. College ball could easily become as boring as the NFL if all teams try to mimic Bama.

Regarding the UO defense, I can see why they are susceptible. They have decent athletes, but the scheme is way too aggressive. Their LBs attack the LOS on every play as if it is a run or go into blitz mode if it's not. They are wide open to the big play against a team like USC that has superior skill position players. If they end up playing USC again, I wouldn't be at all surprise at an upset.

bluedogok brought up a good point about the layoff between the end of the season and the bowl game, that would definitely work in Bama's favor.

I don't think USC has it in them to beat Oregon. Two of the big plays UO gave of were essentially busted coverage, and those mistakes can be corrected. They do play an aggressive brand of defense, and you're spot on about it being high risk/high reward. I just don't think USC has enough on either side of the ball to win a shoot-out with Oregon. I also don't think SC is going to make the PAC CCG. Right now, it's UCLA, and a lot will be riding on the SC/UCLA game. I just don't think USC is that good.

The bottom line is that unless KSU loses a game, Oregon will be on the outside looking in. Notre Dame has played a tougher schedule than Oregon, and the funny part is that Oregon's beating of USC hurts Notre Dame. Should they both end up unbeaten, it'll be KSU/Bama.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/5/2012, 04:39 PM
I was really surprised that bama wasn't more dominant against that bad lsu offense. They actually made that tigger qb look competent. Even in the first half, lsu had a lot of yards but couldn't finish the drives. I'd like to see KSU play bama if they get by jawja. I don't think the 5 weeks off will make much of a difference because their offense is mostly just Collin Klein finding ways to make plays, which he always seems to do.

En_Fuego
11/5/2012, 04:42 PM
Kirky "Boy" is all yall fags dream date.............And do you notice that Herbie's thread turned Tebow ?

Damn boy;'s...............twats are funner !

JiminyChristmas
11/5/2012, 04:55 PM
Of the undefeated's, Oregon would have the best chance to beat Alabama. If they played, I would guess:

Alabama 20
Notre Dame 0

Alabama 27
K-State 17

Alabama 34
Oregon 31

I don't necessarily think Oregon is the second best team, but I think they would match up the best against the Tide.