PDA

View Full Version : Could this putsy announcer BE anymore irritating?!

MamaMia
11/3/2012, 11:37 AM
STFU!

OU_Sooners75
11/3/2012, 11:38 AM
LOL....yay ESPN and their ****ty announcers!

MichiganSooner
11/3/2012, 11:39 AM
Very annoying.

MichiganSooner
11/3/2012, 11:49 AM
"how about this Iowa State team; they've been in some close games". (gives scores of getting beat by 10-17 points.) "They have a really tough schedule!!"
Hey, announcers, get a life...they play the same schedule as every other Big 12 team; it is round robin.

Shut up and let the boys play.

salth2o
11/3/2012, 11:52 AM
They are really getting on my nerves.

LRoss
11/3/2012, 11:55 AM
We don't all play exactly the same schedule. They play OU, we play ISU. They're schedule is MUCH tougher!

instigator
11/3/2012, 12:02 PM
We don't all play exactly the same schedule. They play OU, we play ISU. They're schedule is MUCH tougher!

Heh!

salth2o
11/3/2012, 12:04 PM
They need to get Jake Knotts nuts outta they mouf's.

SoonerorLater
11/3/2012, 12:54 PM
Yeah what's up with this Jake Knott crap? Is he getting his own show on ESPN or something. I'm betting ABC breaks out his Pee-Wee football pictures in the second half.

MyT Oklahoma
11/3/2012, 12:56 PM
Burp!

Yep they suck.

soonerinabilene
11/3/2012, 01:10 PM
The dude just said the Belldozer package doesn't seem like its built for short yardage plays. It's more for a 2nd and 7 instead of a 4th and 1. What. The. ****.

tulsaoilerfan
11/3/2012, 01:14 PM
This guys a ****ing idiot

Stooper
11/3/2012, 01:24 PM
A total tool. One minute he dogs Belldozer, and we get a first down with it. Then he says we need to do away with it. It is doing what it is designed to do!!! Short yardage.

soonerinabilene
11/3/2012, 01:50 PM
Shoulder to shoulder is not targeting, it is not the same as helmet to helmet, and it is not illegal. You ****ing *********.

KABOOKIE
11/3/2012, 01:50 PM
That punt should be coming out! That was an illegal hit!

Did OU not offer this geek or did they beat his team by 50 several times over to get this much hate?

StoopTroup
11/3/2012, 01:51 PM
http://nickshell1983.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/remote_mute_button_fig1.jpg

bluedogok
11/3/2012, 02:00 PM
Did OU not offer this geek or did they beat his team by 50 several times over to get this much hate?
He was an offensive lineman at Washington, they didn't play OU while he was there (drafted in 1992 by the Cardinals).

KABOOKIE
11/3/2012, 02:06 PM
He was an offensive lineman at Washington, they didn't play OU while he was there (drafted in 1992 by the Cardinals).

So he is butt hurt then because OU didn't offer then.

kevpks
11/3/2012, 02:08 PM
What is this dude's problem with Tony Jefferson? He's the best player on the field.

soonercastor
They have been fine

MamaMia
So he is butt hurt then because OU didn't offer then.That, or hes just a bitter fat big mouthed idiot.

soonercastor
What is this dude's problem with Tony Jefferson? He's the best player on the field.

lol wtf, he was just praising him.

soonercastor
11/3/2012, 02:10 PM
double post

SoonerInLubbock
11/3/2012, 02:22 PM
They keep calling punts kicks and the punter a kicker. Just kind of annoys me.

kevpks
11/3/2012, 02:38 PM
lol wtf, he was just praising him.

When was that? What specifically did he say to praise him?
All I heard was him calling out all of this supposed bad technique and targeting on several of his tackles. Even on the INT, he was calling for interference. I'm not sure what game you were listening to. These announcers sucked. The end.

Soonerjeepman
11/3/2012, 02:42 PM
They have been fine

really? how long did they rail on TJ about the "illegal hit" which is WASN'T...shoulder/shoulder.

the hurt lb for isu...the punter for isu..how "great he is"

I did agree with belldozer taking too much time...and looked like Bell didn't do a really good read but disagree with their assessment

kevpks
11/3/2012, 02:44 PM
really? how long did they rail on TJ about the "illegal hit" which is WASN'T...shoulder/shoulder.

the hurt lb for isu...the punter for isu..how "great he is"

I did agree with belldozer taking too much time...and looked like Bell didn't do a really good read but disagree with their assmessment

Exactly. How about that great onside kick that didn't have an ISU player within 10 yards of the ball? Again, they sucked.

SCOUT
11/3/2012, 02:46 PM
I thought it was very insightful of them to point out that the Belldozer formation wasn't designed for short yardage. I was unaware of that little tidbit.

:stupid:

Widescreen
11/3/2012, 02:46 PM
They have been fine

We're talking about the OU vs ISU announcers. Not sure which game you're referring to.

cleller
11/3/2012, 02:49 PM
They need to get Jake Knotts nuts outta they mouf's.

Crap that was tiring. I'm sure he's a good player for Iowa State, but he's not some Heisman finalist. You'd think he was that ND Manatee's twin. I finally shut them off, and turned on the radio.

olevetonahill
11/3/2012, 02:50 PM
I usually dont bitch about any of em, But these idiots had me wantin to yank em thru the TeeVee and whoop they asses

StoopTroup
11/3/2012, 02:51 PM
Many Sports reporters who thought they were going to really head their career to the promised land because they got a job with the LWN have been left to do games like OU ISU in Ames just to keep adding to their resume. Don't take it so hard. They are just some really desperate announcers who fell for the "Everything is better in Texas" stuff that whorns continue to hang their little white hats on.

Once the LWN and their sets are sitting in an old trailer awaiting someone from Texas Storage Wars to bid $150 on that locker.....it and all of these lousy announcers will be gone.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/3/2012, 02:51 PM
They have been fine

You must be much drunker than I am.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/3/2012, 02:52 PM
I usually dont bitch about any of em, But these idiots had me wantin to yank em thru the TeeVee and whoop they asses

You know it has to be bad when I was wishing for Herbie and Mushberger.

olevetonahill
11/3/2012, 02:54 PM
You know it has to be bad when I was wishing for Herbie and Mushberger.
Heh
Agreed ,

Curly Bill
11/3/2012, 03:06 PM
I like announcers that are opnionated, but not when they're totally clueless... and these two guys today SUCKED!

Petro-Sooner
11/3/2012, 03:19 PM
Momma almost said the f word. Heh

StoopTroup
11/3/2012, 03:23 PM
Maria Taylor has a nice rack.

StoopTroup
11/3/2012, 03:32 PM
Also...ESPN / ABC....Does it really matter. They have been reporting negatively about us for years. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised.

It was over when... Tony Jefferson picked off Steele Jantz late in the fourth quarter as the Cyclones were putting forth a mild rally.

Hell.....it was over in the 3rd quarter.

MamaMia
11/3/2012, 03:32 PM
They have been fine
They were not fine. That Cunningham guy was especially annoying.

StoopTroup
11/3/2012, 03:44 PM
I had to listen to the first half on the radio. The TV announcers were better than the radio. It was a relief to get home and hit the mute button.

SoonerStormchaser
11/3/2012, 03:46 PM
I quit watching after halftime, I couldn't stand these asshats anymore with their Cyclone pimping.

tulsaoilerfan
11/3/2012, 04:03 PM
I don't think i have ever heard such a crappy job of announcing an OU game; seemed like the whole thing was an infomercial for Iowa State; really pathetic

MamaMia
11/3/2012, 04:04 PM
Momma almost said the f word. HehI did not! :O

olevetonahill
11/3/2012, 04:23 PM
I did not! :O

Yes you did, I heered you.:tickled_pink:

8timechamps
11/3/2012, 04:27 PM
The main guy I didn't mind so much. The color guy (the former center, as we heard over and over) was just about as bad as I've seen/heard. He's done games in the past that I thought were fine, but today he was making stupid comments just about every time he opened his mouth.

My personal favorite was when they were slobbering all over the ISU punter, then when Tress put one on the 6" line, the dude says "Way got lucky!". Really?!

olevetonahill
11/3/2012, 04:29 PM
The main guy I didn't mind so much. The color guy (the former center, as we heard over and over) was just about as bad as I've seen/heard. He's done games in the past that I thought were fine, but today he was making stupid comments just about every time he opened his mouth.

My personal favorite was when they were slobbering all over the ISU punter, then when Tress put one on the 6" line, the dude says "Way got lucky!". Really?!

Yea, He was going on an on about how that hit the line and should be a touch back

BlownGP
11/3/2012, 05:31 PM
I don't think i have ever heard such a crappy job of announcing an OU game; seemed like the whole thing was an infomercial for Iowa State; really pathetic

For real. Iowa State this, Iowa State that..

After they scored the last TD, they still thought Iowa State could win.

Lott's Bandana
11/3/2012, 06:36 PM
Cunningham spent the entire game droning on like he is a Hall-of-Fame coach and the way he would do it is much better than, well, the future Hall-of-Fame coach on the field. Scrap teh Belldozer, tackle with your head up, step into a rushing defender when you throw a pass, kick the ball holding it sideways. He just wouldn't quit.

His analysis was sometimes good, and he sometimes made good points (like agreeing with the PI last week), but the coaching coaching coaching was making me throw up in my mouth.

TUSooner
11/3/2012, 06:39 PM
Wasn't the play-by-play guy Mike Patrick? He's the guy that kissed Craig James and shat on Mike Leach back when Leach got fired by TT and screwed by ESPN. He lost all respectability when he did that. As soon as I saw he was doing the game I hit the mute button. He's a loser.

BoomerJoeDon
11/3/2012, 06:49 PM
agreed

SoonerorLater
11/3/2012, 06:57 PM
It just seemed like the whole broadcast was a tribute to ISU. It was Jake Knott this and Jake Knott that. How much camera time did they give that guy? I didn't see them swooning over any of the OU players that were hurt. Also what is up with that segment with the ISU punter? We have one of the best punters in the country. Why no Tress Way segment?

StoopTroup
11/3/2012, 07:15 PM
Tress could have gone Pro last year.

LostCreekSooner
11/3/2012, 08:29 PM
It sucked sooooooooo bad. Somebody post a link and let us know how to complain... and post the link on every OU message board, they were THAT bad!

olevetonahill
11/3/2012, 08:34 PM
It sucked sooooooooo bad. Somebody post a link and let us know how to complain... and post the link on every OU message board, they were THAT bad!

ESPN or ABC Sports

Soonerus
11/3/2012, 08:50 PM
It was poor...

Sooner70
11/4/2012, 07:19 AM
"Look at Landry Jones....he's not the kind of QB that will play on Sundays....he doesn't step up into the pocket....no, wait....look at this throw. Man, he couldn't have laid the ball in there any better. That's a PRO throw if I ever saw one.He stepped up into the pocket like a pro. He'll go in the first round ".....blah, blah, blah

DocHemi
11/4/2012, 11:51 AM
I like my Sooner announcers from the same place I like my news: Fox

MamaMia
11/4/2012, 08:38 PM
Lots of them are somewhat annoying but tolerable; these guys on the other hand, were way over the top bad. As I watch the replay, I am not only reminded of that, but notice even more stuff they, particularly that one pudgy guy, Cunningham, said that was just nuts.

PrideMom
11/5/2012, 09:55 AM
I always turn off the TV sound, and listen to the OU radio broadcast. It is usually a few second ahead of the TV, but I like that, because I can cheer early if it is a good play, or get over my disappointment before I see a botched play. ABC has the WORST announcers. They do not know the teams and are constantly referring some other team that we are not watching.....also, I hate it when they go to an interview with some has been star WHILE the game is going on. One year at the OU/TX game, ABC missed the start of the game, and when they finally came on OU had already scored a touch down, that no one got to see.

StoopTroup
11/5/2012, 12:03 PM
One year at the OU/TX game, ABC missed the start of the game, and when they finally came on OU had already scored a touch down, that no one got to see.

It's amazing how moments in time like that stick with you. It's when you know you have Crimson and Cream running through yOUr Veins.